Categories > Anime/Manga > xXxHolic > A Pipe-Fox's Tale

A Pipe-Fox's Tale

by AnAwesomeUsername 0 reviews

A pipe-fox/watanuki! So far, not much but I'm hopeing to make it long and angsty!

Category: xXxHolic - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Angst - Published: 2006-10-07 - Updated: 2006-10-07 - 820 words - Complete

-1Boring
A/N: I'm excited about this fic! Please tell me what you think! I was trying for a different idea, plus I made up someone's name. The name I made up is Shirotama and it is supposed to mean White Jewel. If anyone knows Japanese please tell me if I'm right, I was just trying to come up with something authentic.

Chapter One:

It was warm and dark and safe, and I was loathe to get up. But when He started shaking the shirt I was sleeping in I had no choice but to tumbled out. I scrabbled up and slid through the air, "Sque?" I asked. But of course He never understands.
He is tall, even for a human; clean lines, fit and all that. His maneish black hair was a giant knot, having just gotten out of bed, and He wasn't wearing any glasses. Frankly I like His glasses; they add a scholarly air. I like it best when He's just gotten out of bed, He's so cute when He's sleepy. He held up the shirt I had been sleeping in and mumbled "Clean? No time... late for school, grah." The last syllable was muffled because He had just pulled the shirt over His head. I slid my thin white body inside His sleeve and rubbed my head on His cheek. "Kyaa." I lovingly noted.
Absently He stroked my head. "Why do you always sleep here? Wouldn't you be happier at Yuko's shop? You'd fit it better."
"Keyra, Saaqeula." I patiently explained. He ignored me and I was content to nuzzle into his back, out of sight.

"Himawari-chan! Wait up! So, how are you today? I brought something extra delicious for lunch!"
"Oh, Watanuki, you work so hard!"
My hackles went up. I couldn't help it, but this girl always put me on edge. I softly started growling. She isn't trust-worthy; there is something about her that I don't like. She is like sunshine, she seems soft and nice, but stay too long and all you get is a burn. Sunshine is going to hurt Him. I know. One of my powers is foretelling. I only get glimpses and feelings, but they are always right. As the inane chatter continued overhead the Third showed up.
"Where's my lunch?"
"That's it! 'Where's my lunch?' That's the best you can come up with? I work long and hard and all you can manage is rudeness!"
The Third was perplexing. Yuko thinks he is important, and so he must be. I all I know is he is the Third and he compliments His power. There is another one, the joining bridge between Him and the Third. It is not Sunshine as I first surmised, I do not know who, but whoever it is, it is very important.

I watched over Him all day, as I normally do, and accompanied him to Yuko's shop where I could finally get some fresh air. As I danced playfully around His head I listened carefully to what was being said. I did not listen to the human chatter, though, I listened to the strings of magic the buzzed through Yuko's shop. It was like a giant message board for thousands of different worlds, but only a very few could hear it. The voices running around Yuko's shop could be overwhelming for some, but Pipe Fox's were able to sort through everything and zero in on the pertinent ones. Today one voice perked my attention, it was the Zashiki Warashi that likes Him so much. She was calling for some kind of help, but it wasn't clear what was needed. She makes my fur stand on end. Yuko's voice filled my head. "What do you think, little one? Should I send Watanuki to help the Zashiki Warashi?"
I growled back at her, "I think she can help herself. She has her Tengu-karasu, plus what if she never pays you back?"
Soft laughter ran up and down my sinuous body, "Why do you not like the the Zashiki Warashi?"
"It is not that I don't like her, I am worried about your investments."
"I think you are jealous, Watanuki likes her more then you."
"Of course not! He is just my charge, I only watch over Him, nothing more."
"I could make Watanuki like you better, for a price, of course." I could feel Yuko's smile inside my head.
"Fine, whatever, lets go help that Zashiki Warashi." I could feel her tinkling laughter follow me as I glided away.

Have you ever loved someone so much and knew you could never have him? Have you ever wanted something so much that was just taboo? I loved and lost all in the same instant when I met Him. Now Yuko is offering my heart's desire, but what is the price? Can I pay it?
My name is Shirotama, I am a pipe fox and this is my story.
Sign up to rate and review this story