Categories > Original > Horror > Toxic Rats

Toxic Rats

by -NotSure- 0 reviews

A group of doctors are busy making a way to slow down vermin...but something goes wrong!!

Category: Horror - Rating: PG - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Fantasy, Horror - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-10-09 - Updated: 2006-10-09 - 765 words - Complete

0Unrated
The bell rang through Kings Road Community College. Girls and Boys flew through the doors into the corridor to go home. In room 103, it was a different story altogether.
"Come on, we're nearly there." There were three doctors in the room (doctors of science, not medicine). One of them was a student doctor. They had been working on the same project for a year and a half. They were trying to slow rats and other vermin down, without using tranquilizers. Bruce, the oldest, had first come up with the idea of stopping there leg joints moving only a couple of months ago. He walked over to a cupboard labelled ' antidotes and new found formulas'. He swung the door open quickly and brought out a glass tub filled with reddish, orangey goo. It had been found and tested by a French scientist named Dr Dam not so long ago and Dr Dam had specifically sent it to the group at the community college. He had for some reason called it Tarogyzarc. The three scientists had no idea how to pronounce it so they just called it The Goo. Bruce passed it to his colleague, John, who then followed there plans and measured 5 and a half millilitres of the goo, took another vial off a flame and poured the goo into the heated vial. After 5 minutes of adding extra formulas, they were finally ready.
"Who would like to do the honours and pour it in," asked John.
"I wouldn't mind," replied Mark, the student, and once he got a nod of approval from the other two he poured the formula into the water bowl, that sat on the floor of spunk's cage (spunk being their lab rat). Spunk crawled over to the water bowl and drank. Once the rat was finished, he crawled back over to his bed of straw and lay down.
" O.k. See you tomorrow," yawned Bruce.
"What! We're just about to find out if it worked and you're going home," exclaimed Mark. Bruce let out a hearty laugh as he slammed the door shut behind him.
"Mark, do you really think it will work straight away," asked John sceptically.
"True," he murmured to himself as they walked out of the door.
*

Bruce couldn't help himself any longer. He climbed out of bed.
"Where you going, honey," asked his wife sleepily.
"Erm, to work," replied Bruce.
"At 4 o'clock in the morning?"
"Yeah,"
"O.k." and she fell asleep again. He quickly got changed and looked at the clock: 4:20. It took him 5 minutes to get to the college. He unlocked the front door and crept in. The janitor wouldn't be here yet so he was in pure darkness. With extreme difficulty he managed to feel his way to room 103, he opened the door and panic took over. He stepped into the room to make sure what he was seeing was true. From the light shining outside he seen, lying on the desk was, the remains of spunk's ripped up cage. Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, something moved something huge, something black. A pair of blood, red eyes floating in thin air was staring in Bruce's direction. He turned to the door only to find it was locked. What! Who! Where?
He turned around to see the red eyes flying towards him.

John and mark met outside the college at 6 o'clock. It was still quite dark. They walked in.
"I brought a torch cos' until 8, we're in pitch-blackness," said John. They walked along the corridor until they reached room 103. John unlocked the door and opened it. Suddenly, something huge flew at him and he landed in a pool of blood, HIS BLOOD! While the giant rat monster feasted on John, Mark crept into the room to find another blood-covered corpse. He looked frantically around for the rest of the formula, and there it was, sitting by the sink. He ran for it, slipped on some blood and...KNOCKED THE FORMULA DOWN THE SINK! SMASH!
The monster turned and saw Mark. It ran for him. Mark thought fast, and smashed out the window. Right, he was outside at half past six getting chased by a giant rat, yet nobody seen him. He saw a giant hole in front of him. They must be working on the sewers. Excellent! He ran, picking up speed every second. He reached the hole and jumped... to the side. Unfortunately for the Rat, he didn't make the jump. He fell and fell and fell! Now the mutant rat was away from mark but where would it go from there...!
Sign up to rate and review this story