Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > Lurking in the Shadows

Out From the Past

by panda_1418 1 review

Okay, you know what? This whole story is Delilah's point of view unless I say otherwise - so I'm not going to write [Delilah's POV] at the start of every chapter!

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Horror - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-14 - 510 words

1Exciting
Morning comes around, and not soon enough. I hate the night. I used to love curling up into my warm covers after a hard day's work, and let the darkness and sounds of Al's snoring lull my to sleep. But now? Now, I hate it. I guess it's not so much as hate as I fear it.

I can't stop thinking about those eyes. I've seen them before, but that was eleven years ago. I was a child, I was supposed to see things like that! Every kid did. Heck, I remember Julius watched Jaws in Grade One, and that gave him nightmares. But now that I think about it, I was the only kid whoever saw things that could touch them.

Hurt them.

My parents thought the eyes I saw were just my imagination - God, I wish they had been right. They had convinced me that I was just imagining these eyes, and finally, I stopped seeing them. I stopped believing that I actually saw things. Now they're back, and I don't know why.

I hear the floorboards creak as someone steps into my room. I go rigid with fear. The light, almost undetectable, footsteps draw nearer and nearer ... until they are right beside my bed. Something touches my face. I scream.

"WHOA!!"

My eyes snap open and I see Julius jump back from my bedside. He trips over the bag I left out yesterday and crashes to the floor.

"Oh my God!" I hop out from underneath the covers and run to him. "Are you okay?" I ask as I help him up.

He rubs the back of his head. "I think I may have lost some hearing and fractured my skull, but other than that, I'm fine. What was that scream for?"

I give a fake laugh, hoping it sounds real to him. "I was just, uh, just having a nightmare and you scared the crap out of me. Seeing your ugly mug in the morning doesn't help, either."

Julius laughs sarcastically. "Ha-ha, very funny. Look, Emmet, Ursula, Nosey and me are going out to The Grudge 2 tonight, and we - er, I, that is - was wondering if you maybe wanted to tag along?"

I can see this is making him nervous, so I try to lighten the mood. "What, that cheesy movie? Come on, the first one didn't scare me."

He eyes me. "Oh yeah? Then what about the incident in the kitchen?"

"HEY!" I shout. "Al was half asleep, he doesn't remember me beaning him in the head with a spatula! And we agreed not to mention that."

"Okay, whatever you say," he replied, putting his hands up like I'm holding a gun at him. "So, are you up for it or what?"

I nod, trying not to show my enthusiasm for being away from this place at night. "Sure, why not? When are you gonna pick me up?"

Julius coughs nervously. "We're all meeting in the lobby at six, so we can get there for the eight o'clock showing."

"Okay." I say. "I'll be there."
Sign up to rate and review this story