Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > A City by the Light Divided

Chapter Nine

by MusicxisxHearts 0 reviews

I'm not good at summaries...

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Warnings: [!!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-10-14 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 2741 words

1Exciting
Kylie, Pete, and Patrick turned the corner and headed down the nearest alley. Kylie was in a state of panic. What are we going to do? Where are we going to go? Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, I cannot believe this is happening! Loud footsteps came from someone following the three down the alley.
Pete pushed Kylie to move faster. This is so screwed up. The three turned another corner. Pete saw the subway entrance and knew what to do, "The Underground!"
Kylie got the clue, grabbed Patrick, and followed Pete down the stairs to the subway. It was packed with vampires and other people. Kylie tried her best to follow Pete through the tangle of people. Where is Patrick? She looked back to see a group of people she knew from The Agency move to cut off Patrick from following Pete and Kylie. Kylie grabbed Pete's hood. He turned around to watch Patrick run off in the opposite direction.
"Come on!" Pete grabbed Kylie's wrist. He was starting to feel dizzy; he hadn't had his blend yet. "There's a passageway up ahead."
Kylie decided to just trust Pete as they jumped off the platform and ran down the train tracks. The tunnels were pitch black. Pete felt along the wall for a break. Finally! He pulled Kylie into a narrow opening in the wall as a train flew past on the tracks.
"That was close," Kylie whispered as she followed Pete through the narrow opening. The opening wasn't more than three feet wide with no lights and the walls were covered in mold and water. It smells worse than District D down here.
Finally, the narrow opening gave way into a dimly light concrete room. This was The Underground. Dirty looking vampires milled about, but it was fairly empty, seeing as it was nighttime. Pete leaned against the wall and closed his eyes. He was seeing double and feeling like he was going to throw up. Kylie did a quick check of the vampires in the room and pushed Pete forward a little.
"You OK?" she asked. Pete nodded, opening his eyes. "Let's keep moving..."
The two of them chose an opening and walked along another mold-covered passageway. Kylie thought they were underneath of District Q, or somewhere around there. After 30 more minutes, Pete had to take a break. The room that the passageway led into was totally empty. Pete leaned against the wall and tried to fight off the dizziness. Kylie could hear water dripping through cracks in the ceiling. It's too empty in here; it has to be daylight by now... She glanced at her watch. It was nine in the morning.
"Pete, something's not right, no one is in here and it's daylight," Kylie thought how pale Pete looked.
Pete took a deep breath, "We should keep moving..." he walked slowly towards a random passageway, but paused. I hear footsteps...
Kylie heard them too. She grabbed Pete's wrist and pushed him up against the wall. I can't tell what passageway they're coming from, and it's too dark to see much.
Six police officers wearing the typical black uniform rushed out of a passageway. One spotted Pete and Kylie and yelled, "Do not move!"
Kylie looked at Pete, totally petrified. These weren't people from The Agency. Oh this is so bad... "We're just passing through..." Kylie didn't know how to talk her way out of this one for once.
The group surrounded Pete and Kylie. "No one gets hurt if you keep yourselves calm," one officer said.
"We haven't done anything wrong," Kylie looked nervously at Pete, who looked like he was going to pass out at any moment.
"We have orders," an officer stepped closer to them. Kylie moved closer to Pete. What is going on here? Orders? Two officers stepped forward and grabbed Kylie, and two more grabbed Pete. He struggled slightly, but he was too weak and dizzy to do much. Kylie gave up, there wasn't anyway out of this one. The police officers put handcuffs on Kylie and Pete; then led the two through The Underground and back to the normal level. Pete closed his eyes against the bright daylight. /No, this cannot be happening.../The police officers shoved Kylie and Pete into the back off a police car and drove off.
Kylie miserably looked down at her feet./ I sure hope Patrick, Andy, and Joe got away safely. Oh jeez, I am so sorry Pete. I should have never looked back that night. I should have just walked away. None of this would be happening if I never met Pete. /
They finally reached the District Q Police Station. The officers led Pete and Kylie to a room filled with chairs and a few vampires. Pete and Kylie sat down. Kylie glanced at Pete. He was morbidly pale and looked scared and totally out of place. I can't believe this is happening. I'll never forgive myself if they put Pete in jail. Maybe he was right. I shouldn't have snuck out.
"Kylie," Kylie looked up surprised to see her dad and a few members of The Agency. Kylie quickly changed her look from surprised to a death glare. Pete had looked up too. So this must be her dad, great...
"Do they really have to wear the handcuffs?" it was Reggie who asked. "Kylie certainly isn't dangerous, and I don't think the other one is either." A police officer came over and unlocked their handcuffs. Kylie stood up and looked at Reggie, who smiled an I-knew-this-would-happen smile. Reggie understood Kylie; she knew her rebel side.
"I need to talk to Kylie. Alone," Kylie's dad said. Kylie opened her mouth to argue, but she knew it would be useless. She gave Pete a don't worry look, but he didn't seem to be so confident that everything would be OK.
Kylie silently followed her dad to a room with only two chairs and a table. She went in and sat down while he closed the door. He then took a seat opposite of Kylie and sighed. Kylie looked down, not wanting to give in.
"Kylie, do you know how much danger you put yourself in?" he asked her tiredly.
Kylie looked up and glared at him, "I think I know how to take care of myself, I'm not ten anymore." The remark obviously hurt Kylie's dad.
"Who is the boy?"
"Just a friend," Kylie said defiantly. I'm not telling him anymore than what he asks, less if I can get away with it.
"Reggie said she recognizes him," Kylie's dad looked hard at her.
"Yeah, so?" Kylie wasn't letting down her guard.
"She wasn't sure if he was the right kid, but she said it's definitely him that asked her about The Underground," Kylie's dad paused before continuing. "So that means he is a vampire, did you know that?"
Kylie was getting angry, "I think I know that, he's my friend!"
"Kylie, do you know how absolutely untrustworthy vampires are?" Kylie's dad argued back.
"You trust Reggie and the other vampires in The Agency, why can't you trust him?" Kylie went on before her dad could say anything. "And don't give me that crap about not knowing him before he was a vampire! I'd trust Pete with my life!" Kylie honestly meant what she said. She completely trusted Pete.
Kylie's dad sighed, "So how much does he know?"
"Know about what?" Kylie spat back.
"You know exactly what I'm talking about," Kylie's dad was sick of her nonsense.
Kylie thought for a moment before continuing, "He knows as much as I trust him with."
"In other words, everything?" Kylie's dad rubbed his eyes.
Kylie refused to say anything else.
"Fine, go back and stay with Reggie," Kylie's dad sighed, again.
Kylie got up and left the room. She walked back to where Reggie and Pete and the others were. She finally recognized the other two people from The Agency as Zack and Martin, her dad's best friends. They were holding Pete. Kylie stood next to Reggie, unsure of what to say.
"He's not going to hurt anyone..." Kylie whispered. Zack grunted and dragged Pete forward. /Oh no, they're taking him to my dad... /She looked sadly at Pete. "Pete really isn't a bad person, Reggie."
"I know, I know," Reggie didn't know what else to tell Kylie.
*
Pete sat down in the chair across from Kylie's dad. He had a bad feeling about this whole situation, plus he was dizzy as ever. Zack and Martin didn't leave the room. They really don't trust me. Well, I'm not up for anything in this state.
"So, your name is Peter Wentz?" Kylie's dad asked. Pete nodded his head slowly. Kylie's dad sighed, "I need to ask you a few questions, and please, for your sake, answer them honestly. Zack is practically a human lie detector."
Thirty minutes later, Pete had told everything he knew about Kylie and The Agency. He tried to indirectly answer the questions, but Kylie's dad was too good at interrogations.
Kylie's dad sighed, "I'm sorry Peter, but you know far too much for your own safety and the safety of others around you." Kylie's dad looked at Martin and nodded.
Martin and Zack walked forward. Pete shifted uneasily in his chair. What the hell is going on? Marin pulled out a needle and syringe full of a cloudy colored liquid. Pete looked nervously at the syringe. He never was too fond of needles. Zack grabbed his left arm. Pete struggled; but he was way too weak from not having his blend. Martin inserted the needle into Pete's arm and emptied the syringe. Pete tried as hard as he could to move his arm, but Zack was much stronger than he was.
Pete looked at Kylie's dad, scared and unable to hide it. Kylie's dad looked back at him with uncaring eyes. How can he be Kylie's dad? He's so different from her, so totally uncaring...
Zack and Martin led Pete back to the room where Kylie and Reggie were. Kylie stood up when she saw Pete. He was holding his left arm and looked to be in pain. Pete sat down, too tired to stand. Kylie sat down next to him. Reggie, Zack, and Martin left the police station. The room was now completely empty.
"Pete, what happened?" Kylie asked worriedly.
Pete moved his hand to show her the bloody spot where the needle had been injected. Kylie gasped, knowing all too well what had happened.
"What color was the liquid in the syringe?" Kylie was almost afraid to hear the answer.
"It was cloudy looking," Pete stared at his arm.
Kylie closed her eyes, pushing away tears. "Pete..." she whispered.
Pete knew it then, he had been injected with poison. "I don't want to die..." he let down his tough defense. I don't want to die, no matter how bad I think life is. Kylie showed me that there are people who have it worse than I do...
Kylie shook her head. No, I'm not letting this happen. She stood up, "I'll be right back."
Kylie went to the room where her dad was. He had just stood up and was getting ready to leave. "You can't do this to Pete!" Kylie was on the brink of tears, but she had to stay strong.
"Kylie, he knows too much," Kylie's dad tried to avoid looking his daughter in the eye.
"I don't care! It's my fault! I told him, he never asked, he never had to know!" Kylie blocked her dad from leaving the room. She could tell from the look on his face that she was getting nowhere. "Maybe he could be useful to The Agency? And his friends..." Kylie was hoping this tactic would work.
"Friends?" her dad asked warily.
Kylie caught on, "They aren't vampires, honestly."
"I can't trust them," Kylie's dad shook his head and started for the door.
Kylie looked at the ground, defeated./ No, I'm not going to give up. I can't let Pete die! /She ran and blocked her dad from leaving once again, "Why can't you trust me?"
Kylie's dad wasn't sure what to say, "It's not that I don't trust you-"
"No!" Kylie cut him off. "You are always the one talking about trusting people, but you can't even trust your own daughter!" Kylie went on before her dad could get a word in. "I know who it's safe to be friends with! Why can't you just trust my judgment for once?"
Kylie's dad didn't respond right away. He sighed, "OK, I'll trust you on this one. We could use some more help anyway."
Kylie hugged her dad. I knew he would come through.
"I guess I should give Pete this," Kylie's dad pulled out a syringe of antidote. He always carried one with him, just in case.
Kylie and her dad walked back to where Pete was. Pete sat slumped in his chair, eyes listless, and still holding his left arm. He looked up weakly when the two entered. Kylie grabbed the syringe and headed for Pete.
"Everything's going to be OK," she smiled to Pete as she grabbed his arm. He looked nervously at the syringe. "It's OK, it'll only hurt a little," Kylie pushed the needle in. Pete tried not to jerk his arm away as she emptied the syringe.
Pete looked warily up at Kylie's dad. "You work for The Agency now, and your friends too," and with that Kylie's dad turned and left.
"It's going to take some time for him to trust you, just so you know," Kylie smiled at Pete. "I'm so sorry for this whole mess."
"It's OK," Pete whispered.
Kylie leaned over and hugged him, "You're a great friend Pete, please don't ever stop being you."
"Even the moody Pete?" Pete attempted a smile.
Kylie laughed, "Yes, even the moody Pete."
Kylie and Pete left the police station and took a cab back to near where Pete lived. They got out and started walking.
"I hope you can make it home," Kylie was worried about how pale he was.
"I'll be alright," Pete whispered.
The two of them turned down the alley to find Joe, Patrick, and Andy in a little bit of trouble. Three members of The Agency were holding them up. One member had Patrick shoved up against the wall, another had Joe lying on the ground, and the third was trying to restrain Andy.
Joe spotted Kylie and Pete, "A little help would be nice!"
Kylie broke into a jog down the alley, "It's OK! Leave them alone!"
The member holding Patrick looked at Kylie, "I thought they caught you?"
"And they did! But it's OK, like I said. These three are members now too," Kylie hoped they would believe her. "Seriously."
The member holding Joe down took out his cell phone and called Kylie's dad. After a short conversation, he got off Joe. "Let them go, we have patrols to be on. It's dark out."
Pete finally caught up to Kylie as the members left. Andy unlocked the door and the five went inside. Pete immediately collapsed on the couch, completely worn out. Joe went upstairs for band-aids and disinfectant for his and Patrick's scratches. Andy took ice out of the freezer for the growing lump on his head. Patrick headed for the refrigerator and took out some of the red blend. He set it down on the table and pulled a small glass bottle filled with water out of his jacket.
"Where did you get that?" Kylie was amazed. How in the world did they get more water from the Minister?
"Simple," Patrick said nonchalantly. "I stole it from some vampire I ran into."
Andy and Kylie stared at Patrick in amazement. Patrick never, ever did anything that could get him into trouble, let alone stealing something from a vampire.
"I guess I can't call you innocent anymore," Kylie watched as Patrick uncorked the bottle and poured some into the red blend.
Joe came back down the stairs, "I have band-aids! And disinfectant!"
"You are so special," Andy mocked, pressing the ice against his head.
"I think Pete might need a band-aid," Patrick said as Pete took the blend with his left arm.
"What happened to you?" Joe was blunt, as usual.
"Um yeah," Kylie stuck a band-aid on the spot where the needles had been injected. "About that..."
Sign up to rate and review this story