Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius

An Old Memory

by princessofoyownworld 7 reviews

Julius stood at the podium and started out at the faces of everyone he had grown up with there were tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. He began to speak. "Sometimes we lose people. W...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-10-15 - Updated: 2006-10-15 - 866 words - Complete

3Insightful
Ok I still can't get anywhere with Little Known, but I'm trying. But for now I'm going to stick to one shots ok? Now I don't own Delilah and Julius. Also I know this story drifts between first and third person, but it does that because Julius is telling the story from his point of view and the other small parts when he is not speaking are supposed to be third person. Please read on!

*

Julius stood at the podium and started out at the faces of everyone he had grown up with there were tears in their eyes and smiles on their faces. He began to speak.

"Sometimes we lose people. We don't mean to, but we take different paths in life and we lose each other. Sometimes we lose the person even though they are right next to us, but sometimes we never see the person again. Other times we find them after a few years

The second and third type of losing someone happened to me. Until that faithful day, I was out Christmas shopping when I saw her.

I saw her from a far. But I recognized her in an instant. Her short brown hair and brown slacks, she had a black jacket on instead of shirt. But it was still her.

It took her a moment to realize who I was. But she did and when she did she came over with a smile on her face and shopping bags in her hands.

"Juls?" She asked.

"Yep." I replied. She gave me half a hug I hugged her back. She smelt the same, of roses and shampoo. As we broke apart she caught sight of my shopping partner.

"Delilah, this is Melanie, my roommate." I said. " Melanie this is Delilah, an old school friend." I finished.

'Hi." Delilah said extending a hand.

"Hey." Melanie replied, shaking Delilah's hand. Was it just me or was Delilah more hostile than she used to be. It might have just been the fact that she and Melanie had just met and we had not seen each other for three years.

"I'm just going to go see if I can find something for my mum ok Julius?" Melanie said.

"Ok, I'll catch up with you later." I said. As she walked away I turned back to Delilah. "Do you want to go and get a coffee? There is a nice place just around the corner." I asked.

"Sure."

*

I sat across from Delilah in the small coffee shop. Both of us had steaming mugs of coffee in hand. "So is Melanie more than just your roommate?" Delilah asked after a few awkward moments of silence.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend." I said. I saw Delilah recoil. I could tell it had hurt her. Truthfully, my heart still beat wildly around her.

"Girlfriend." She repeated.

"Yeah." I replied. I could tell it was hurting her, I did not know why; we had never been more than friends. Despite my hearts wishes.

"Oh." Delilah said quietly.

"Is something wrong?" I asked kindly. When she opened her mouth to speak I could tell a dam inside of her was breaking.

"Its just, I know this is petty, but I kind of hoped like everyone said it would be you and me as a couple in the end. The top spy team ending up as the perfect couple. I don't know it just all seamed so perfect. But then you went away to Calgary for university, that dream crashed around me. I don't know it was hard to keep going for a while. I had lost my best friend. Your letters were not enough at times. Juls I lost the man I loved." Delilah said, she blushed like crazy at the end of her last sentence. I could tell that she wanted to erase her last sentence. But my heart took another direction.

"De, I went to Calgary because nothing happened between us and it looked like nothing ever would. I could not stand it, I loved you Delilah. And as hard as I have tried to hide it from myself I still do." I said, passion filling my voice and tears filling Delilah's eyes.

I leaned across the table and softly kissed Delilah's lips. She stayed still as stone. I sat back in my seat, embarrassed as hell. I refused to look at her; if I had I would not have been so shocked at her next action.

Delilah leaned across the table as well and kissed me. It took me a moment for me to realize what was happening. But when I did I kissed her back. We were lost in the moment, like we were the only ones in the crowded coffee shop."

Julius cleared his throat as he neared the end of his speech.

"And now, thanks to that faithful day in a crowed Calgary shopping mall I have my best friend back. More so I have the woman I just married. So Delilah here's to you and me." Julius finished.

Delilah blushed and from the glow of her thin wedding band she saw Julius was blushing as well.

*

Well thanks for reading, please rate and review!
Sign up to rate and review this story