Categories > Original > Drama > The Vacation

The Vacation

by FenixDown 0 reviews

Brian's vacation begins as does his friends. He gets a seat close by the girl he's wanted to talk to for so long.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-10-15 - Updated: 2006-10-16 - 816 words

0Unrated
I wonder what she sees when she looks at me.
I remember the first time I met her. I remember thinking, who is this girl with the face and form of a maiden? I remember the first time I saw her eyes. They seemed too old for this girl's face, bottomless brown pools that gazed into my soul and saw all the secrets that even I didn't know were there. Little did I know then the role that she would play in my life.
I watched her now, smiling and talking easily with Jimmy and the rest. She sits, legs folded upon her chair, her left hand curled delicately around the ballpoint pen, her long hair lifted gently by the white band that silhouettes her head. How easily she stands out of the crowd around her. How effortlessly beautiful she is.

Me and Shamar grow restless in our seat as Tiffany and Ana laugh amongst themselves and continued to stare at us. Shamar and I exchange stares and then look back to the girls "What could they be saying?" asked Shamar as I shrugged "They could be talking about how you are black as night," I said as Jimmy suddenly began to speak. "Yo, we there yet?" he asked my older brother Jason who shook his head "No, we aren't there yet, if we are going to Florida, we'll have to get to the airport and it takes a few hours," he said as we all laughed at Jimmy's dumb remark. "The fat must be clogging up his head," said Shamar spontaneously as I began to snicker. The car began to shake and I saw the sign that read "New York, ½ a mile," I smiled as I began to think "New York City, the city of greatness," I said as I soon closed my eyes quickly only to meet a quick smack to my leg "Brian, wake up, we're almost there," said Tiffany as she smiled and warmed me up to the point where I grew cold. "You could've let me sleep," I said as she smacked me again "You really are turning emo," she said happily as I mumbled "Feh, so what?"

We finally arrive at the airport and Tiffany is staring at me in the wrong way. "What?" I asked . "You are just so damn...well, crazy," said Tiffany. I was shocked "How the hell am I crazy?" I asked as the images began to go through my head of tormenting Shamar and casting Jimmy into a pit filled with stinky people. Well, Wedgiha mostly. I continued to listen to every word coming from Tiffany's mouth only to get an "You just are for some reason," I looked at Tiffany yet again which was awkward since I don't like looking Tiffany straight in her eyes. She smiled and continued to walk into the airport. "Dam nit," I said as Shamar began to laugh. "Hey, at least, we can get some surfing in," said Shamar.

I walked into the airport unaware of what awaited my coming. Shamar threw a book at me but it missed me and hit Tiffany. Tiffany began to growl and she kicked Shamar in his crotch. Shamar hunched over quickly trying to protect his nuts from another collision with Tiffany's foot. Ana began to laugh and Jimmy was snickering. I tried to keep content knowing that by me laughing, I'd be wrong. WE headed to our corridor where we boarded the plane and took our seats. The seat setup for me was Shamar, Ana, Tiffany, and me. We were restless yet again but when the plane took off, we began to woot. Tiffany of course was the loudest and I decided to stare out of the window at the clouds which passed me by. I soon began to fall into a deep slumber similar to the sleep I was gong into in the car before I was rudely interrupted by my dear friend Tiffany. I didn't make it yet again since Tiffany had nudged me in order to keep me from sleeping. "You aren't going to leave me here awake," she said as I groaned. "But Tiff, I'm tired," I said as she began to look at me pleadingly with those brown eyes of hers. "Damn, why are you so hard to resist?" I asked as she continued to beg with her eyes. I smiled and soon sighed. "Alright, I'll stay awake but you owe me," I said as she nodded. "You're too sweet," she said as I began to mumble under my breath. "That's what you'll be saying now but later on that will change," I said. Tiffany looked at me quickly. "What was that?" she asked. I responded quickly "Nothing, I said nothing," were the words that emerged from my mouth. Tiffany shrugged and she finally fell asleep leaving me as the only one who couldn't fall asleep now.
Sign up to rate and review this story