Categories > Celebrities > Simple Plan > A Step In Time

A Step In Time

by ness_xx 4 reviews

A girl from the past wakes up to find herself in today's modern world. When she befriends the members of Simple PLan, she can't help but feel a strange connection with him, and he feels the same wa...

Category: Simple Plan - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Chuck Comeau, David Desrosiers, Jeff Stinco, Patrick Langlois, Pierre Bouvier, Sebastien Lefebvre - Published: 2006-10-16 - Updated: 2006-10-16 - 1340 words

0Unrated
A Step In Time

Chapter 1


Ellen Fosters sits adequately at her enhancing vanity. She gently brushes her silky, golden locks infront of the glass mirror, causing her soft curls to stand out. Her unique eyes, the color of emerald green, are dusted with pale, neutral eye shadow, and her lips are painted a vibrant ruby red.

"Ellen," her mother calls from below. "Are you ready to go?"

"Just a minute Mother," Ellen answers. She fixes her colourful, silk headscarf around her hair then fluffs her curls up. She stands infront of her full-length mirror, admiring her new outfit. She is wearing a short-sleeved white blouse, which has a curved collar and buttoned down the middle. Her round, felt poodle skirt sits perfectly above her waist, matching the colour of her lips.

Satisfied with herself, Ellen walks out of her bedroom and down the marble staircase to her mother.

"Ready," she beams, posing infront of her mother.

Her mother smiles and sighs. "You look wonderful, dear!"

"Thankyou."

Ellen and her mother walk out of their two-story house into the Montreal night air and head for her mother's car.

Her mother starts the car and drives into the deserted street, ignoring traffic lights. Everybody does.

"Come on, Mother," Ellen groans. "Go faster. Burn some rubber, will ya!"

"Ellen!" her mother snaps. "Even if there are no other cars on the road, I am not going to go any faster than the speed limit."

Ellen sighs and shakes her head.

Once her mother reaches the house, she stops the car and lets Ellen out.

"Is Mary driving you home?" she asks sternly, just like any other mother would.

"Yes Mother," Ellen sighs impatiently. "Don't worry about a thing. I'll be fine."

"Okay. Have fun!"

With that, she drives off, leaving Ellen to have the time of her life.

Ellen grins and runs up to the house, ringing the doorbell. She can hardly contain her excitement. Standing outside in the cool night air, she can hear the catchy melody of Elvis' Hound Dog playing inside.

When no-one answers the door, Ellen turns the doorknob to find it unlocked. Shrugging, she lets herself in.

The house is crowded with rowdy teenagers, smoking, drinking and socializing all over the place.

"Ellen!"

Ellen looks to her right to see her best friend, Mary standing next to the punch on the table.

Ellen smiles and walks over to her.

"Hey Mary!"

"Hey!" Mary replies cheerfully, a plastic cup of punch in her hand.

"Is this a bash or what?" Ellen says, enjoying the atmosphere of the party.

"Totally!" Mary agrees.

"So, what's buzzin, cuzzin?" Ellen asks, smirking.

"Nothing much," Mary sighs. "The usual. My folks are still pressuring me to go to college when I leave school, but you know me! I wouldn't last one day there."

Ellen laughs. Everyone is the whole town knows that Mary would much rather choose boys over books.

All of a sudden, Ellen hears her name being called out again. She turns her head to see her gorgeous boyfriend, Randy Summit. His jet-black hair is sleek and greased back, and he is wearing a plain, white t-shirt under a heavy, black leather jacket with blue jeans.

Ellen smiles like a lovesick schoolgirl.

"Hi Randy!" she says.

Randy grins back that cocky grin of his and walks over to Mary and Ellen.

"Oh my God," Mary says under her breath.

"What?" Ellen asks.

"It's him."

"Who?"

"Lawrence!" she whispers back.

Ellen laughs. Mary is obsessed with Lawrence, who she thinks doesn't even know her name.

"What are you waiting for then?" Ellen smirks. "Go talk to him!"

"You really think I should?" Mary asks, unsure.

"Of course! I bet he thinks you're a doll!"

Mary laughs and rolls her eyes. "Sure...I'll go talk to him."

Ellen wishes her best friend luck as she walks off and goes looking for Lawrence, who has now disappeared to another room.

Randy reaches Ellen and stands behind her, holding her in his arms.

"Hey baby," he smirks, giving her a soft peck on the top of her head.

"Hey," Ellen smiles. "Have you given any thought about moving New York yet?"

In less than two weeks, Ellen will be graduating high school along with the class of 1955.
She has always dreamed of moving to the Big Apple when she finishes school to pursue her dream as a writer, and who better to share that dream with than her boyfriend?

"I have," Randy replies. "And I really want to go."

Ellen squeals happily. She turns around and hugs Randy. "I can't wait. We're gonna have such a blast there!"

"I know!" Randy grins, just as excited. His life-long dream is to become a musician, and he is hoping to achieve it in New York.

"You wanna dance?" he asks Ellen, as Rock Around The Clock starts playing.

"Sure!"

Randy grabs Ellen's hand and walks over to the middle of the crowded room where everyone else is dancing.

As Randy twirls Ellen, she catches a glimpse Mary arguing with a girl she doesn't know.

"Come on," Ellen says, dragging Randy away from the dance floor and to Mary.

"What's going on?" Randy asks confused.

"This freak here is trying to steal my boyfriend!" the girl snaps angrily, keeping her eyes on Mary.

"Who's your boyfriend?" Ellen asks.

"Lawrence," she smirks smugly.

"I didn't know he had a girlfriend!" Mary snaps back.

"Sure," the girl rolls her eyes. "Go back to losersville, you loser."

"Ha ha," Mary sneers sarcastically. "You are so funny."

"Mary, let's just go," Ellen pleads, grabbing hold of her best friend's arm. "Let's leave this stacked paper-shaker."

"You don't have to, because I'm leaving."

With that, the girl huffs off, probably to complain to Lawrence.

"Are you gonna be okay?" Randy asks Mary.

"Yeh," Mary sighs. "Let's go dance!"

Ellen grins. "Okay!"

"You too Randy!" Mary giggles, dragging Randy along too.

"Okay, okay," he laughs.

The three of them dance to the music of Autumn Leaves.











Mary and Ellen are driving back home from the party. It is 1.30pm, and the streets are dark and isolated.

"You and Randy are getting really serious," Mary smirks, breaking the silence.

Ellen laughs lightly. "Yeh. I really love him. A lot. I think he may even be the one."

"The one?" Mary asks sounding impressed. "How do you know?"

"I don't know," Ellen sighs. "I just have that feeling, I guess. I mean, whenever I'm around him, it's like nothing else in the world matters except us."

"That's really sweet," Mary smiles. "You better make me your Bride of Honour when you guys get married or I'll pound you!"

Ellen chuckles. "How do you even know we'll get married?"

"Because you said he was the one."

"I really hope we do, though. He means the world to me, and would love nothing more than to spend the rest of my life with him."

Mary reaches the top of Ellen's street.

"You can drop me here, I'll just walk the rest of the way," Ellen says.

"Are you sure?" Mary asks.

"Yep."

"Okay."

Mary stops the car to let Ellen out.

"Later, alligator," Mary grins.

"In a while, crocodile," Ellen grins back.


Mary takes off in her small car, and has now disappeared.

Ellen walks down her street, taking her time as she stares up at the night sky. She smiles as he gazes at the millions of twinkling stars above her.

Wanting to stay longer, she lays down in the middle of the cool, gravel road, deserted of cars and people. She loves looking at the stars by herself. It relaxes her and makes her feel warm inside.

"Absolutely beautiful," she whispers to the night.

All of a sudden, a car starts heading up the road, startling Ellen. She gasps and tries to stand up as quickly as possible. As she does, the car hits her right in the head, sending her back.

Her head spins and she becomes dizzy, before closing her eyes out of the world.
Sign up to rate and review this story