Categories > Original > Mystery > A Bedtime Story

Chapter 1

by ChuChu101 0 reviews

Emma had been having nightmares for days now, but then she goes to sleep one night because of a bedtime story her grandmother told her. Thing is... her grandmother is dead.

Category: Mystery - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 454 words

0Unrated
A Bedtime Story

By ChuChu101

A/N: Finally! Some inspiration I got and am now doing this drabble to see how it goes! Hope you enjoy! It's from the mother's POV, just so you know, and it's not a real story either.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was worried. Emma hadn't been able to sleep for the past three days because she was having nightmares about who-knows-what. She kept going to bed much later than her bedtime and didn't get enough sleep. When I would pick her up from school, Emma would be tired and just want to go to bed.
I would talk to her when she would wake in the middle of the night, I'd tell her that it was just a dream and that she could sleep with me and her daddy, but still, the bad dreams came.

I didn't think much of it at the time. After all, when your six-year old daughter has nightmares, they eventually go away.

Finally, one night, I was drinking my coffee while working at my desk when I realized something.

I looked up, my eyes squinting with suspicion through my eye glasses. Putting down my cup, I rose and thought. That's odd. It's quiet... a bit too quiet. I didn't hear Emma, so I walked over to her room and pushed the squeaking door open slightly, peaking in to take a look at her.

What I saw surprised me. She was in bed already, sleeping peacefully, but as I flicked my wrist to look at my watch, it read, "7:45 PM." Emma's bedtime was 8 'o clock.

I sighed, relieved that my little M&M (it was my nickname for her) was actually sleeping, and early too.

"Good night, mommy."

Her small, light voice filled my ears. I grinned and sat on the edge of the bed, glancing down at her. She turned around to face me.

"Now, why are you going to bed so early, young lady?"

"Granma told me a bedtime story!"

I looked at her quizzically, "Who?"

"Granma!" she piped up with as she pointed to a picture frame of my mother.

I laughed. "So no more nightmares now, right?"

Emma shook her head "no."

I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. "Good night, sweetie."

"Mmm..." was her response.

I turned the light off, closed the door on my way out, and smiled now that my little M&M was in bed.

But I had to wonder because... my mother was dead.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


A/N: This is not a one-shot folks! I'm going to make it into a chapter story!!! In the mean time, please review!!! BTW, if you plan on reading my other stories/fics/drabbles, just know that they totally suck... :( (In my opinion)
Sign up to rate and review this story