Categories > Original > Romance > If I Were Invisible

If I Were Invisible

by emotionless-crystal 2 reviews

I demand for my cliche! I did everything the book ordained. I showed up at a ball as Cinderella, something I'm definitely not. I have countless evils in my life. Cliche, you can stop waiting!

Category: Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-17 - 352 words

1Insightful
I was a solitary creature or human as I prefer but that's what they choose to call me.

Creature.

No one knew my name, no one knew my age, they only knew I drifted circle to circle without anyone else noticing that I have come or gone. I was considered a mute; stares of pity and sympathy came my way. Many spoke slowly to me, but in a way it was true. I never spoke, I was quiet to the extreme. I had no stereotype even, I was smart yet I was never known as a nerd, I had a fetish for Japanese comics, such as Detective Conan yet I was never known as a geek. I may be invisible but people I did talk to, liked me. Unfortunately they forgot me very soon after that.

The one person who did remember my name has decided that I was not worth her time. She was my one friend, who talked to me while I sipped my juice nodding and agreeing at everything. I was thrilled at the thought of an actual friend. So thrilled that I overlooked the fact that she was using me when there was no other for her.

Tell me, when no one notices you, when no one truly likes you, when no one can remember your name and your looks are below mediocre, can you still have your fairytale?

Can you still go to the dance as Cinderella with ghostly pale skin and ebony hair resembling that of a vampire? Will your dark brown eyes shine like that of the truly beautiful with green eyes?

Answer me one more question, if you have no chance not even in a million or even two, would you still try? Would you still speak and try to make yourself known? Would you try and reacquaint when there is no chance left? Would you make yourself beautiful when it probably would cost your family a fortune?

Would you still risk it as Cinderella?

I would appreciate any reviews and any comments whatsoever. Thanks to my future reviewers. If I do get any.
Sign up to rate and review this story