Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > I Remember

Chapter 25

by LOVELA 4 reviews

I remember when we were lost in innocence and then innocence was lost.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Warnings: [R] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-17 - Updated: 2006-10-18 - 1421 words

2Exciting
Patrick and I walked to my house in silence. The only sound was me taking deep breaths trying not to pass out. Tears silently rolled down my face the entire way home. Patrick just kept a strong arm around me and held onto my arm securely.

Once we got to my house I immediately went inside and ran upstairs.

"Izzy!" Patrick yelled running after me.

I ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I didn't want to talk or see anyone. I just wanted to be alone.

"Izzy. Come out of the bathroom, please," Patrick pleaded.

I just shook my head no even though he couldn't see me. I stood for a moment and closed my eyes as tears continued to fall down them, but as soon as my eyes closed I saw hers looking at me. I felt weak to my knees so I laid down on my stomach and looked under the crack of the door. I could see that Patrick was still standing there. He was probably trying to hear what was going on inside the bathroom. I continued to silently cry. I couldn't understand why my boyfriend's best friend cared about me more than my own boyfriend did. It broke my heart.

"Izzy. I'm not leaving until you come out," I heard Patrick sternly say from the other side of the door.

I then heard him take a deep sigh and what sounded like him sliding down the length of the door. I noticed he was now sitting against the door. I would come out at some point. I just wasn't ready to face the world, so there I laid on my stomach on the cold bathroom floor.

-------

"Izzy? Are you hungry? I brought you some toast. It was all I could find," I heard Patrick say from outside the bathroom.

I opened my eyes and looked around. I must have fallen asleep, but for how long? I knew I couldn't stay in that bathroom for ever, so I slowly stood up and opened the door. Patrick looked extremely shocked at first, but his expression turned to a mixture of worry and concern.

"Hey," he said quietly.

"Hey," I said back and looked down to his hand that was holding the toast for me.

"Hungry?" he asked offering me the food.

"Yeah," I smiled slightly.

I took the food and went to sit on my bed. I looked at the clock and noticed it was 9:00 the next morning. I couldn't believe I was in that bathroom for so long and that Patrick had stayed the whole time.

Patrick sat down on the bed next to me and put a comforting arm around me.

"How you doing?" he asked rubbing my back.

"I've been better," I said nibbling on the toast.

"I know," he whispered. I didn't want to talk about it because it just made me cry. I jumped when I heard the downstairs door slam shut.

"Your mom?" Patrick asked. I just shook my head no. Before either of us knew it, Pete was standing in my bedroom doorway.

"Izzy. Let me explain, please," Pete said practically falling to his knees. He looked like hell.

"Pete, maybe you should just go home," Patrick said standing up from the bed. Pete looked over at Patrick as if it was the first time he had noticed him there.

"Patrick, just stay out of it. Ok," he said sounding breathless. I stayed sitting on my bed. I couldn't move. Every time I looked at Pete, I saw her.

"No, Pete. I really think you should leave," Patrick said calmly.

"What the hell are you doing here anyway?" Pete snapped back.

"Well, someone had to take care of your girlfriend after she caught you getting head from someone else," Patrick raised his voice slightly. Pete's expression turned immediately to anger.

"This is between Izzy and me. So you should be the one to go," Pete said as his voice showed no emotion. I've seen this before, and I knew what the ending result would be.

"No, Pete, I think..."

"Patrick. It's ok. I'll be fine," I interjected before something would happen to him.

Patrick looked over at me shocked.

"Are you sure?" he asked quietly.

"Yeah. I need to talk to Pete," I said nodding my head. I may as well get the worst day of my life over with as soon as possible.

"Alright. I'll be downstairs if you need me," he said looking me in the eyes and leaving.

Pete shut the door behind him and looked over at me with worry. I just sat down on my bed and looked accusingly at him.

"So, talk," I said simply.

"I don't even know how to say how sorry I am for what you had to see," he said looking almost defeated.

"Then why did you do it? Why!" I yelled.

"I didn't, I swear," he said walking towards me in a groveling manner.

"Oh Jesus Pete! I saw you! How can you say that it didn't happen?" I asked forcing myself to keep my tears at bay.

"No, listen to me," he pleaded and sat on the chair in front of me. I just kept quiet waiting to hear his response.

"When I got out of the bathroom, I was extremely tired and drunk, so I sat down on the chair and passed out. The next thing I know is I'm hearing your voice call my name and I feel someone giving me a blow job. I thought it was you, I swear! But then you turned on the light and I looked up and saw you standing there with horror in you face. It wasn't until then that I noticed it was Carrie and not you. Izzy, please. You have to believe me," he said grabbing my hands.

I looked down at him not sure of how to react. I couldn't tell if he was telling the truth or not.

"Oh Pete, I don't know," I said standing up and pacing.

"You don't know what? The truth? Because that's it, Izzy. I promise you, that's the truth," he said standing up with me.

I turned quickly to face him with my arms crossed over my chest. I just stared into his eyes searching for any kind of sign that he was telling me the truth. I didn't want to loose him. Looking into his eyes I saw our past years flash before mine. I thought of the first day I met him, the first high school dance we went to, the first time he kissed me, the first time we told each other our deepest secrets, and the first time we made love. It was all right there in his eyes and I didn't want to give up on that. I wasn't ready to let that go.

"You broke my heart," I whispered as a tear fell out of my eye.

"Izzy. I would never hurt you intentionally like that. I swear on my music, I had no idea what was happening," he said rushing over to me. He gently wiped the tears from my face with his thumbs and his hands cupped my face.

"Ok, Pete. We can forget that this ever happened under one condition," I said taking his hands off of my face and holding them in mine.

"Name it. I will do anything for you," he said gripping my hands.

"You can never speak or hang out with Carrie ever again because even if you didn't know what you were doing, she did and I don't want that bitch around you ever again," I said sternly not moving my eyes from his.

Pete was silent for a moment as he swallowed hard.

"Ok, Iz. I won't talk to her anymore or hang out with her either," he said in almost a whisper. I had almost thought he wasn't going to go for it.

"And the boys have to know that she is not welcome at the garage when we are they too. And you have to tell them," I said pointing my finger at him now.

"That's more than one condition, but I can do that," he smiled slightly.

"One more thing," I said walking closer to him and he instinctively put his hands on my waist.

"Name it," he said barely above a whisper as our lips nearly touched.

"Don't ever break my heart again," I whispered looking from his eyes to his lips.

"Never," he whispered before kissing me deeply.
Sign up to rate and review this story