Categories > Celebrities > Good Charlotte > Blessing or Burden (Joel & Benji Madden plus others)

pt 49 Clarity

by Reign_Madden 4 reviews

Please read

Category: Good Charlotte - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-18 - Updated: 2006-10-18 - 2209 words

1Exciting
Normal p.o.v
16.30

You didn't bother waking Benji, letting him sleep allowed you to think about everything that's happened. You text Gerard to let him know you were staying on the bus to finish cleaning, which was a lie since you finished ages ago, you just wanted some time alone to think things through, stuff your face with ice cream and paint your nails.

Joel's p.o.v

When we arrived in Buffalo MCR went straight to play their set. Billy was stoked as Frankie asked him to play on stage with them. Paul and Lisa were spending some "alone" time together so I decided to go find Benji and Reign.

'Anyone home?' I call from the door.
'Sshhhh, your brother's sleeping' Reign hisses
'Oops sorry, you guys missed an awesome tournament I was winning but I started to loose and in the end...what happened?' I ask pointing to the ice cream on the coffee table.
'Nothings happened' she says looking guilty.
'Don't lie Reign, your watching Romeo and Juliet and eating Ben and Jerry's, something's happened.' I state sitting next to her
'I told you everything's fine...'
'Let me see your toes' I demand
'What! No' she say trying to tuck her feet beneath her.
'Ah ha painted toenails' I exclaim pointing at her feet.
'So what?' she says
'You and I both know that you only paint your toenails when something's bothering you. So what is it?' I ask again
'Fine I was thinking and now I'm confused.' She confess
'What have I told you about thinking?' I joke wagging my finger in her face.
'Not to do it' she says in a little girl voice. 'Seriously though I don't know what to do.' She moans lying down and putting her head in my lap.
'About what?' I ask adjusting myself so I'm comfortable.
'About everything, going back to Jersey, you, your brother, Gerard and the others, everything.' She answers
'I thought you were definitely going back to Jersey.' I say
'I was...I mean I am...I don't know. I was definitely going back to Jersey but then I started spending time with your stupid brother and all those old feelings came rushing back and I realised that...I think I want to be him.' She replies
'So what's the problem?' I question stroking her hair.

Normal p.o.v

'Well for starters he has a girlfriend called Alyssa that he didn't bother telling me about. Then there's Gerard and the others I can't just up and leave them, they're a big part of my life now.' You start 'And let's just say I do come back with you, how are you, Billy and Paul going to feel having me around again. Then there's the actual relationship, what if it doesn't work out between us, what am I supposed to do then just run back to Gerard and expect him to welcome me back after leaving. Also what about your mother, she must hate me, I can expect her to just like me all over again. And what about...'
'Whoa! Ok I get it, there's a lot to consider' He says cutting you off.
'See' you whine 'It's hopeless I'll never figure it out.'
'Lets break this down. I don't think Benji's dating anyone but I don't know for sure since him and Alyssa used to be a couple' He starts.
'Well Alyssa says they still are' you say turning on your back facing up at him.
'Ok forget her for a second.' He says waving his hand dismissively ' She doesn't matter. As for my mother she doesn't hate you, she doesn't hate anyone and once she finds out what really happened, you two will be back on track in no time.'
'I hope so. I'd really like to see her again' you admit
'Now what you really need to do is sit down and talk things out with Benji and find out exactly how you feel about each other...'
'But he has a girlfriend' you cry cutting him off.
'I told you to forget about her. Any way where was I? Oh yeah you also need to talk to Gerard, I know he'll support you in whatever you decide just like I will. There's no need to choose between us. It's not like we'll never see you again. If you choose them it doesn't mean that you loose us altogether'
'I won't loose you but I could loose your brother.' You reply
'How do you know unless you talk to him?' Joel says logically
'I doubt your brother will be open to a long distance relationship' you reply
'Well we don't know do we? London Benji is crazy about you he'd do anything to have you back, so talk to him' he replies leaning down and kissing your head.
'Your right, I just need to figure it out and talk to everybody' you say feeling better.
'Look I gotta go, but I'll see you tonight' he says sitting forward.
'What's tonight?' you ask sitting up allowing him to stand.
'Oh yeah there's a party tonight everyone's going including you so be ready' he says walking to the door.
'What time?' you say standing up
'About 10 or 11 we're all going together, it's gonna be fun.'
'Oohh I can't wait.' You say with no enthusiasm.
'When Benj wakes up talk to him, then tell him to come find me I'll be with Tony.' Joel says leaving and closing the door behind him.

Benji's p.o.v

I opened my eyes and looked around, it took me a second to realise that I was on MCR's bus and that we were probably in Buffalo since the bus wasn't moving.

'Your up' Reign says when I walk into living area
'How long have I been out?' I asked collapsing onto the couch next to her
'A couple of hours'
'Why didn't you wake me?'
'I was going to but then I figured if we were going out tonight you might want some sleep.' She replies
'Oh I completely forgot all about that' I groan
'Well Joel only told me about an hour ago.' She admits
'Joel was here, where is he now?' I ask
'With Tony he said you should go find him'
'I will when I wake up properly' I reply.

Normal p.o.v

You were mentally debating whether to tell him about Alyssa's phone call, if you didn't tell him and she calls back, how would that look? You look over at him, his head is resting against the back of the couch and his eyes are closed, you could just lean over and kiss him right now, but on the other hand you could just rip out his lip piercings because he has a girlfriend.

'Benj' you say reluctantly
'Umm'
'You had a phone call earlier'
'I did, who was it?' he asks not opening his eyes
'It was Alyssa, she asked if you could call her back.' You say studying him for a reaction.
'Oh ok, was that the only call?' he replies nonchalantly
'Yeah it was' you say letting silence fall between you.
'Benji'
'Yes Reign' he answers
'Who is Alyssa?' you ask
'She's no one'
'That's not what she says' you say remembering what she said and how confidently she said it.
'What does she say?' he asks opening his eyes and looking at you
'She says she's your girlfriend'
'She is not my girlfriend. We broke up ages ago, before we came on tour' he replies closing his eyes again.
'Really' you say sceptically
'Yes Really I wouldn't lie to you'
'Reign'
'Yes Benji' you answer
'What were you and Joel talking about?'
'Everything.' You reply
'Including me' he asks opening his eyes again.
'Yes including you'
'Well?' he enquires sitting up.
'Well what?' you say enjoying teasing him
'Are you going to tell me what you said?' He says
'No I'm not' you answer honestly
'Well then that's my cue I guess' He says standing up 'I'll see you tonight then'
'I guess so' you say standing up with him.
'Unless'
'Unless what?' you question
'You have dinner with me tonight just the two of us.' He suggests offhandedly
'Wouldn't that be a date?' you enquire
'It doesn't have to be, it can be what ever you want it to be' he replies walking to the door and opening it.
'Then I accept. Dinner sounds good' you say following him
'Ok I'll see you about eightish then' he confirms walking out onto the steps
'It's a date' you say closing the door.

Another p.o.v

There she was, she hadn't left that damn bus all day and too make matter worse Benji was just leaving which meant they had been together all day. She could do so much better then him, he was such a looser, she deserved more she just couldn't see it yet. Maybe it's not her that I should go for but him. If I got rid of him then maybe it'd be easier to get to her. No it wouldn't because then I'd have to get rid of them all, maybe I should get rid of them all. If tonight doesn't go as planned then maybe I'll take that into consideration. Well no time to mess around I had alot of work to do before tonight.

17.30

Benji's p.o.v

I caught up with Joel, just after Mest had perforned their set. I thought it would be a good idea to spend some time with them before my date with Reign.
'Speak of the Devil' Matt says looking my way
'Wassup' I say
'About time we thought you'd never get here.' Tony tells me.
'Well I'm here now. What do guys wanna do?' I say
'I dunno, I'm down for whatever we ain't got nothing to do till the party' Joel answers
'Actually I've only got a couple of hours'
'Why man? What are you doing?' Tony asks
'I have a date' I say grinning
'With who?' Joel enquires
'With Reign'
'No way you're a liar' Joel exclaims studying me
'I'm not lying' I say 'we really have a date'
'So your back together' Tony enquires
'No we're not together, it's just a casual dinner' I explain
'So why are you calling it a date?' Joel asks
'Because Reign did' I say smilling.
'So your not officially an item' Tony says
'No not officially' I reply
'So I can still make a move on her' he says seriously
'Yes' I sigh 'If you want to end up at the ER tonight make your move man' I joke.
'ER here I come' Tony announces jumping on me.

18.00

'Hey you guys' you cry jumping on them before they can even get through the door.
'OMG what did you do?' Ray asks looking around the bus
'I didn't do anything' you reply looking around to make sure.
'Then why are you jumping on us like a derranged puppy' Mikey says straightening his glasses.
'I just missed you that's all' you reply jumping on Bob's back.
'Well we missed you too Doll Face.' Gerard says looking at you.
'It looks really good in here' Bob tells you while dropping you to the floor.
'Thank you' you say 'So how was the show?'
'It was great, Bob and Mikey both had these huge fan posters.' Gerard says
'Wow really what did they say?' you enquire knowing that fans sometimes wrote crazy things.
'Well mine said 'Mikey finger me like you guiter' Mikey answered grinning.
'No way' you reply laughing 'Somebody wants you Mikey' you tease sitting on his lap.
'So Bob what did yours say' you ask
'You don't wanna know' he says
'I do wanna know'you cry bouncing on Mikey knees.
'It said 'Bob bang me like your drum'' Frankie answers for him.
'OMG' you giggle 'They're some horney fans out there.'

Gerard's p.o.v

'So Doll face why are you so giddy'I ask
'I'm not giddy am I giddy?' She answers smiling
'Yes and why?' Frankie says
'Okay I'm going on a date' She replies
'With who?' Bob and I say in unison 'not that Adam guy' Bob continues.
'No with Benji' She answers quickly
'Really how did that happen?' Ray asks
'I'm not sure really he just asked me and I agreed.'
'Wait you're still coming out with us tonight, right?' Mikey says
'Of course I am, Benji and I are going to meet you there.' she assures him.

Normal p.o.v

'Well I hope you have a good time' Gerard says hugging you
'I will, I'm going to have a good time with him and and even better one with you' you say
'Damn right Doll Face' he replies 'So what time are you going?'
'I'm meeting him at eight.' you say
'So you still got time, to spend with us losers' he says.
'I always have time for you losers.'

Another p.o.v

Fuck! I just found out that she's going to a rave that's guestlisted. How the fuck was I supposed to get her if I couldn't even follow her? I'd just have to find where it is and get in there. I mean how hard can that be?






Sign up to rate and review this story