Categories > Books > Harry Potter

Not So Perfect After All

by prongsgurl 5 reviews

OneShot. Rating to be safe. Maybe he isn't as perfect as Ginny thought...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Ginny, Harry - Published: 2006-10-19 - Updated: 2006-10-20 - 632 words - Complete

5Insightful
Not So Perfect After All


Chocolate brown eyes gazed at the youth by the fire. Ginny Weasley couldn't take her eyes off one young man. Tonight she would tell him. Tonight.

Brushing her auburn hair out of her eyes, she noted every his feature for what seemed to be the millionth time. His elegant nose, his high cheekbones, thin eyebrows, naturally cherry red lips, brilliant emerald eyes, ringed by dark lashed, caged by glasses. His smooth porcelain skin... He wasn't very tall, but just tall enough. Perfect. Perfect, was all that could ever be used to described him - simply because, in Ginny Weasley's eyes, Harry James Potter was simple that. Perfect. He was without fault. And she loved it.

His every mannerism amazed her. His laugh, his smile! The was he ran his fingers through his hair, the way he worried his bottom lip while working. His every move drove her mad!

Glancing around the common room, Ginny noticed that Harry and herself were the only ones left, although the Potter heir seemed not to have noticed, considering how he was gazing unblinking into the merrily burning fire. He had taken to doing this a lot since Sirius' death. It worried Hermione, Ron and herself.

Pushing away these thoughts, Ginny grinned and slid into the sofa next Harry. "Fancy seeing you here, staring into the fire, in the exact same position as you were in four hours ago!"

"So you have been watching me for four hours, just to see if I would move? Classy. Real classy."

Ginny frowned. This wasn't exactly the response she had anticipated. Nevertheless, she replied happily "Of corse! Your just so bloody irresistible!"

A snort. "Bull. Complete and utter bull. I don't exactly want, nor need for that matter, another stalker."

Not exactly the direction Ginny wanted to go, but hey, if the robe fits...

"Another?" Ginny giggled and slipped her hand into his, something she had always wanted to do. His hand was so warm! "Besides, I have no intention of being a stalker. I want something more."

Ginny gave into impulse and pulled the brooding wizard into a hug, only to have him extract his self from her.

Ginny gave the older wizard a confused look.

"Look Ginny, I - "

"If this is about my brothers, they all love you!"

"No. Its not tha-"

"What? Is my family not good enough for you?"

"WHAT? NO! That's not wa-"

"Am I not good enough for you?"

"NO!"

"Then what is it then? Huh? What's wrong? I LOVE YOU!"

Harry sprang backward, eyes filled flashing. Ginny recoiled - he looked furious.

"How dare you? How DARE you? You love me no more than Snape loves me. You are infatuated with me. I'm your obsession. Your pet project. You do not love me - and I'm sorry to say... I don't think I could ever bring myself to even think of loving you."

With these words, the man of Ginny's dreams turned on heel and stalked out the common room door. World crashing down around her, heart ripping in two, she fell to her knees. As the fire popped and cracked beside her, bathing her in a soft orange glow, Ginny put her head in her hands and cried.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So how was this? I wrote this about a year ago - before HBP came out, but I lost teh sheet that had the ending on it. Because I didn't have the last few lines that I had written, I wrote it from memory. I also revised a few lines in the begining...

Did this turn out to be a total waste of space?

And yes, I really should be working on D.D... but hey, I found this and I just HAD to put it up! Sorry... bad excuses... -.-'

~ProngsGurl
Sign up to rate and review this story