Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto > I Will Never Leave You

I Will Never Leave You

by undertheice 0 reviews

Gaara's friend returns after a few months. This friend has a soft spot in Gaara's heart since she takes care of him after he killed his uncle.

Category: Naruto - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Gaara, Other - Published: 2006-10-20 - Updated: 2006-10-20 - 690 words

-1MarySue
This is my first Naruto fan fic, I'll try to do my best and if you don't like it, say why, and if you do thank you. This will possibly be a two-chapter story since I have a very big idea forming in my head for another story.

A/N: I'm basing this off of when Gaara isn't a Genin yet, but after Yashamaru tried to kill him.

Disclaimer: I don't own Naruto...blah, blah, yada, yada, yada...

I'll Leave When I Am Killed

Gaara walked around the quiet empty street. Everyone ran inside afraid that they would be Gaara's next victim like so many others before them. Inside Gaara, he felt hollow and alone since he accidentally killed Yashamaru not too long ago. He also felt power that he wanted to unleash, but there were never enough people to release it upon.

Gaara quickly walked through the streets until he reached his home. Once he entered he felt an immense amount of chakra after entering.

"Who's there?" He asked getting in his fighting stance.

"Don't worry Gaara it's just me." A female voice said.

"What are you doing here Kana?" He asked letting his guard down slightly.

"Just came to see how you are. Besides my mission is over for now."

"What mission would that be?"

"To kill a very high power man and his son, they were an increasing threat to my clan, so I did what was necessary to protect them." Kana said and sat down in one of chairs close by.

"Well I'm glad to see that you survived that ordeal well." Gaara said with a smirk.

"What about you Gaara? I've heard that you've been killing more and more people here."

"So what! I live to kill."

Kana looked out at the sand storm that had started and then closed her eyes.

"Kana something's changed about you, what happened when you went off on that mission?" Gaara said now kneeling in front of her at eye level.

"I saw him..." Kana started but left the sentence open.

"Saw who?" Gaara pressed on.

"Kakashi Hatake. It's been 2 years since I last saw him, and I damn near blew my cover. There is something about that man that I have to find out, but I can't do it unprepared."

Gaara looked at Kana. He then noticed that she had changed in many ways. She was more like him, taking dangerous, unmeaning less, cold-hearted missions just to get stronger to defeat this Kakashi. She no longer had the warm heart in her eyes, and now it was replaced with what her jutsu was, Nightmare Cloud Jutsu. He knew she replayed that night that changed her life for the worse, and that all she wanted to do was destroy the one person that did it to her.

"Gaara...Gaara...GAARA!" Kana kept saying over and over again to get his attention. He finally looked up at her. "I think it's time for you to lay down. It's getting late."

"Kana...something's different about you. You aren't the same like you were before. What happened?" Gaara asked looking into her dark ocean blue eyes.

"I'll tell you when I'm ready, but right now you need to go to bed." Kana stood up and followed Gaara to his room to make sure he did as told.

"What about you?" Gaara asked.

"I'll be fine. Just go to bed little one." Kana said in her motherly voice that he had grown used to since she helped him.

Kana went into the spare bedroom and unbuttoned her blue kimono revealing a black skin tight top and shorts. She folded up her kimono before undoing her long black hair that went just above her knees. It was times like these when she felt at home, especially with Gaara safe. In reality, Kana and Gaara weren't that far apart in age, only 8 years difference between the two. The relationship they felt between each other was of brother and sister, despite Gaara already having brothers and sisters.

'I will find you someday Kakashi Hatake and you'll wish that you never met me in the first place.'
Sign up to rate and review this story