Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > Trust & Betrayal

Part Twelve: Four Perfect Slashes...

by kirayasha 0 reviews

One-shot in 16 parts. Jakotsu and Renkotsu learn the hard way that sake, curiosity and lust don't mix. Even the strongest will shatter when betrayal is involved...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Characters: Bankotsu, Jakotsu, Other - Warnings: [R] [X] - Published: 2006-10-21 - Updated: 2006-10-21 - 973 words

0Unrated
Part Twelve: Four Perfect Slashes...





"It's alright, Sui, I asked for it..." Renkotsu said softly, and reaching up, he placed his hand on top of the claw-bearer's.

"There's no way in hell you deserved that... I'm sorry, Ren."

"I know you are and I'm sorry too that I did what I did... Truthfully, this is nothing compared to hurt I saw in your eyes and I still hear in voice."

"It's okay, Ren..." Suikotsu sighed and reached for the jar "We're a sorry bunch, eh?" he said softly as he gently slathered on the green jell-like salve on his would-be lover's back.

"Yeah..." Renkotsu said ruefully.

"Damn!" Suikotsu swore as he stopped in mid-bandage.

"What?"

The good doctor half sighed half groaned. "As much as I want to stay here with you, I need to go check on Oo-Aniki again." Suikotsu continued wrapping Renkotsu's torso, dragging it out so that he could stay that much longer by his would-be lover's side. "I just don't trust them alone together, especially if Oo-Aniki isn't feeling any pain, there's no telling what they'll do. It also appears Oo-Aniki has forgiven Jak ..."

"Unbelievable," Renkotsu said bitterly. "He causes trouble and nothing ever happens to him."

"Perhaps that's because Oo-Aniki loves him so much he can't stay mad at for more than a few minutes. I... we forgave you very quickly too..."

"But /he /didn't," Renkotsu said and Suikotsu winced at the hurt in his voice.

"I'm sorry, Ren, but I think he was the most afraid of losing you..." Suikotsu said softly as he finished bandaging his would-be lover. Don't you know that he's an animal driven by fear...?

"You'd better go see Oo-Aniki."

Suikotsu tried to pull him into an embrace but Renkotsu stiffened at his touch.

"Go..." the fire-breather said softly.

"Okay... But please try and get some rest, Ren..."

The fire-breather nodded as he moved to lie down. He did not know how much rest he would get as his mind was whirling with his conflicting thoughts and emotions. They eventually settled down into an overwhelming feeling of anger, but at whom it was directed, Renkotsu had no idea. As he stiffly rolled on to his side, he heard his beloved slip quietly out of their room. Damn it! Come back, Sui! he thought as the tears silently rolled down his cheeks.

Suikotsu stood just outside their room, his heart heavy with shame over what he had done in a fit of jealous rage. Animal...

He slowly made his way back to his leader's room, and when he got there, he quietly slipped inside without knocking.

Jakotsu looked up at the sound of Suikotsu's soft footsteps as he came over to them. "Aniki-chan's still asleep, Sui. He seems to be resting easier than he did before too."

"That's good. I'll just check his life-force again," the good doctor said as he felt Bankotsu's pulse.

"Something wrong, Sui?" Jakotsu asked.

"No, why?"

"Nothing... you just don't look happy about something..." Is Ren okay?

Suikotsu sighed. "I'm fine, Jak," he said wearily. "I'm just tired, that's all."

"Oh... Why don't you get some sleep? I'll come get you if Aniki-chan needs you."

"I'm planning on doing just that, but first I want to make sure Oo-Aniki's okay. And don't forget, you need to sleep in your own futon," Suikotsu said gently yet firmly like a parent to a child.

"I know..."

Suikotsu sat there in silence for a few seconds as he counted the beats. Just as he was certain their leader would be alright, he felt his pulse quicken. He looked down at Bankotsu in time to see his eyes open as he grabbed the doctor's wrist.

"Oo-Aniki...?"

Bankotsu blinked a few times before answering. "Yes...?" he said groggily.

"Nothing, I thought you were asleep..."

"So did I, Aniki-chan," Jakotsu chimed in softly.

"How can I sleep with you two fussing all over me?" Bankotsu took a deep breath and sighed. What the hell...? It doesn't hurt any more! "Ummm...?" he said, quirking an eyebrow at the doctor.

"We gave you some opium tea and judging by your current state, you're probably going to be completely intoxicated and I'd say sooner than later."

Bankotsu laughed tiredly. "Then get Renkotsu's ass in here now! We have things we need to discuss."

Suikotsu quirked an eyebrow at him. "Are you sure you want to do this now? Perhaps you should wait until tomorrow when you are more recovered."

Bankotsu glared him and in a voice that brooked no argument, he said, "I said now!!" He leveled his gaze at Jakotsu. "And you go with him and stay there!"

Jakotsu smiled nervously at him. "Aniki-chan... I think you should listen to Sui..." He cringed at the look Bankotsu gave in response. "Ummm... okay."

Suikotsu stood up to leave. "Very well, but if a rib punctures your lung, I'm not going to be held responsible."

Bankotsu waved them away. "Just go!" He was feeling better and as a result he was working himself up into a foul mood. He had the feeling his paramour had not told him everything and it hurt as well as irritated him. So he decided the only way he was going to get to the truth of the matter was to ask Renkotsu exactly what had happened.

Suikotsu nodded and turned to head back to his room. He got as far as leaving the room, when he popped his head back in. "Go easy on him, alright?"

Bankotsu nodded. He turned to his paramour, quirking an eyebrow at him.

Jakotsu tittered nervously at him, "I guess I'll ummm... go too...? Ummm... don't tired yourself out, Aniki-chan. Remember if you feel sick again don't hesitate to tell Ren to come and get us, okay?"

Bankotsu looked up at him and sighed wearily. "Just go, Jak..."
Sign up to rate and review this story