Categories > Cartoons > Teen Titans > Understanding

Understanding

by wingeddserpent 0 reviews

It was supposed to be surveillance for a friend. But it turned into blackmail, deceit, and...a strange illness? The road to understanding is a dark path. Walk it if you dare. Many pairings.

Category: Teen Titans - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Romance - Characters: Beast Boy, Cyborg, Gizmo, Jinx, Kid Flash, Mammoth, Raven, Robin, Starfire, Terra, Other - Warnings: [!!!] - Published: 2006-10-22 - Updated: 2006-10-22 - 1444 words

1Funny
Understanding
Chapter 1- A Grain of Sand

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the plot.
Author's Note: First off, I wanna thank BananaCream and Cheesecake for helping me. And, now for the pairing junk. This is overall, a Jinx/Kid Flash. A Flinxid or Flinx depending on what you want to call it. It also has Cyborg/Jinx, SeeMore/Jinx, Raven/Kid Flash, Terra/Beast Boy, Raven/Beast Boy, Cyborg/Bee and Starfire/Robin. Oh, and I'd also like to find a beta reader... Please review. It makes me want to write more...

She never understood the whole "good" thing, and he never understood the whole "I'm a bad guy, fear me!" thing. But they didn't really need to understand. They were what they were and that was one thing they both understood.

It all started the time Cyborg snuck into the H.I.V.E. Academy. That was when he met Jinx, for real. Not just stopping her from stealing things and blowing up his city and all the other evil things she did. I mean met her. In fact, he had a crush on her, and she had one on him, or should I say Stone, but you knew that already, didn't you? But not why it starts this particular story. It starts this story because soon after the H.I.V.E. thing, he met a certain speedster, by the name of Kid Flash. And what that started... well it's all about your point of view, isn't it?

Cyborg looked at the red-haired teen, wondering why he was sitting here, talking to someone e hardly knew. "So, Kid Flash, huh? Not Flash Boy or Flash the Boy Thunder?"

Kid Flash laughed, rolling his dark blue eyes. "Kid Flash sounds the best. Why aren't you Robotman 2.0 or something?"

The half metal teen scowled. "Funny!"

"What's wrong with you? Or are you always so tense?" asked Kid Flash shrugging.

Cyborg's grey eye looked around the park they were sitting at, on the bench, next to the slide. "Well... There's this girl..." started the part robot.

The speedster smirked. "Ohhh... And is this girl 'pretty?'" he asked.

"Shut up! Let me finish!" growled Cyborg, "Anyway, we had a great time at this dance and such, but then... she found out I'd lied to her. Then I had to go..."

"Why? If you liked her so much, why'd you go?" questioned Kid Flash.

"Because... She's a villain..." replied Cyborg, obviously thinking that explained everything.

And in a way, it did. "So?" answered the lightning bolt crested teen, "You guys could have made it work, anything can work if you want it bad enough..."

"Man, shut up! Don't you think I tried? She's gone!"

Kid Flash shrugged, "Hey, just being honest... You know, I can find her if you want..."

"Seriously? That'd be great!" said Cyborg.

"What she look like?"

"Jinx had pink eyes and pink hair..." replied the half robot.

"Wow, she'll be really hard to find," laughed Kid Flash.

He was joined in his laughter by Cyborg, until his communicator rang, and Cyborg sighed, but answered it. A minute later, he hung up and said as he left, "Hey, Kid Flash I gotta go..."

But Kid Flash was already gone.Pink hair, pink eyes how hard could she be to find?

Jinx, meanwhile, was sitting in her room, she hated it here. Who wanted to live in an underwater base, anyway? She sighed in frustration. The whole base was made up of St- Cyborg's blueprints. And Cyborg was the one person she wanted to get out of her head. Maybe that's why she hated the base so much... Wait a second, who cared? She just wanted out of the stupid base! Hey, weren't the Teen Titans here, and not in their city? Jump City had no do-gooders in it! Wait, didn't Brother Blood want her here? Screw it, she just needed to go out to clear her head.

"Jinx! The crud-munching do-gooders are on their way! We can get our revenge on that slime-mucking tin can!" came Gizmo the midget's voice as he entered her room without knocking. No decent villain knocks.

"I don't care. I'm going out," she replied her pink, cat-like eyes flashing at the word 'Cyborg.'

He stared as the witch passed him on her way to her door. "But, where are you going?"

"Out," she answered still walking.

As the cotton candy haired girl made her way 'out', all of the H.I.V.E. students (except Bee) followed her, trying to talk her into staying and fighting. Funny how they never realized they were missing the fight. Or maybe, Jinx was just an excuse to get out of fighting. Who knows?

But, more importantly, a teen on a mission was hunting high and low for a certain pink super-villainess-in-training. He'd already looked in most of the big cities. Gotham, Jump, Steel and a few others. He was rushing through Jump City again, on his way to who knows where. When, with a stroke of luck, he found her. She seemed to be angry at something.

Kid Flash smirked, fiery wasn't she? "I am not going back to the base, you morons!" she snapped.

"Jinx!" whined Gizmo, "Don't you want to get back at the tin man for what he did?"

Yup, that was her all right. Ha! Score one for the speedster, zero for... everything else.

The sorceress looked up startled as a freak blast of wind almost knocked her down. "What the-"

"Who cares?" asked Gizmo. "We don't need her, let's go back to the-"

Jinx's H.I.V.E. communicator rung. Jinx sighed, but she answered it, "What?"

"Jinx! You and the others get back here this instant!" Brother Blood's voice was harsh.

"Why? Can't you and Bee handle it?" she asked.

"Bee? Ah, yes. Bee is a traitor. Now get back here!" the line went dead.

Jinx grit her teeth as the others smirked smugly at her, the 'I told you so's flying at her like darts. With a dark look, Jinx headed back to the base she knew was doomed.

Bee was a traitor. The words floated around in her head. Another traitor. She closed her eyes briefly. Who would turn out to be a traitor next? Gizmo? Mammoth? Billy Numerous? Angel? "Jinx! We're to late! The gunk-gripers blew up the base!" Gizmo's voice sounded through the fog of her thoughts.

She nodded vaguely. Gizmo glared at her. "Jinx, don't you get it? The do-gooders got lucky!"

Jinx froze. "Shut up. I don't care about the base. I don't CARE who got LUCKY!"

"It's Cyborg, isn't it?" asked SeeMore the cyclops, "He's the reason you've been upset lately..."

"Who?" asked Jinx defiantly.

"You know, your boyfriend..." sneered Gizmo.

"I don't have a boyfriend, I don't want a boyfriend, and I don't need a boyfriend."

"Jeez, Jinx. Calm- Whoa!" a sudden burst of wind almost knocked SeeMore over.

Kid Flash ran straight to Cyborg's room and waited. And waited and waited. Ten minutes later,a worn out Cyborg entered his room, and was much surprised to see Kid Flash there. "Took you long enough..." said the speed demon idly.

"Did you find her?" Cyborg asked impatiently.

"Yes but..."

"But what?"

"She rather angry with you... Her exact words were-" Kid Flash was cut off.

"Wait! You talked to her?" asked Cyborg.

"No! I just eavesdropped! Anyway, she said 'I don't have a boyfriend, I don't want a boyfriend, and I don't need a boyfriend.' She's really independent, isn't she?" laughed the yellow and red costumed boy.

He scowled. "You have no idea..."

"I probably don't. Mind telling me the whole story? Right now, I'm under the impression that you're a baddie turned good..."

"I've always been a good guy... I went undercover at the H.I.V.E. Academy and I didn't count on-"

"Hot villain girls?" snickered Kid Flash.

"Yes! Wait... No!" Cyborg tried to save face as the super fast teen laughed at him. "Villain girls being so... cool! And while I was there, we went to a dance together and stuff. But, then the other Titans came, and I had to act evil, but then we blew up their base. Last thing Jinx ever said to me was, 'You could have been one of us...'" he sighed.

Kid Flash nodded solemnly and said, "Well, love to stay, but I gotta run..." and he was gone.

So that was that. The day Cyborg met Jinx moved a grain of sand. Which moved more sand, which moved a rock, which moved more rocks. And all this started a landslide. The landslide is the story that's being told.
Sign up to rate and review this story