Categories > Games > Rudra no Hihou > Scion's Nightmare

Part Three

by Mitora 0 reviews

Scion goes face to face with the nightmare maker.

Category: Rudra no Hihou - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Horror, Romance - Warnings: [!!] [V] [X] - Published: 2006-10-25 - Updated: 2006-10-26 - 3374 words

0Unrated
"Wake up, Scion."

"Huh? Wha...? Ture? What's w?"
?"

Scion's weary eyes flutter open to see his friend Ture standing beside his bed, a wicked smile on his face and eyes glowing crimson hue and skin now light green.

"I can't believe you fell for it! HA HA HA HA......"

"Huh? Fell for what? Ture, what're you talking about?"

"Oh, come on idiot ! You really don't know? Even you can't be stupid enough not to figure it out! All this time you thought I was here to help you. You just let me stroll in here, share your room and didn't even think about it, did you?"

"Think about what, Ture? What're you talking about??"

Ture suddenly lunges at Scion, the muscles in his naked arms and shoulders bulging as he grabs the young warrior by the throat.

"I'm talking about revenge! Revenge against you for all you've done to me! Leaving me behind on the planet, while you and the other 'Chosen Ones' go off to the moon on a suicidal journey! You've got to pay for abandoning me, you son of a bitch!" Ture's strong hands tighten around Scion's sensitive throat, and he feels his head swimming as the room swirls around him. He looks up and sees Ture with foam coming out of his mouth and blood veins pulsating through his body..

"TURE....please.......STOP! I AM SUFFOCATING..........!"

"SCION! Wake up, bro! It's me, TURE!"

"Ture! Get away from me!!!" Scion swats Ture's hand away from his shoulder and, using all his strength, shoves the Giant backwards. Caught off-guard, Ture stumbles back, striking his lower back against the closet across the room.

"Oww! Dammit Scion, what's wrong with you?!?"

Throwing off the bed sheets, the naked Scion leaps out of the bed and lunges at his friend. Immediately assuming a fighting stance, Ture barely manages to block Scion's punches. He isn't as lucky, when Scion suddenly sends bolts of thunder and lightning through out the room.

"Unnhhh....Scion....stop. Listen to me, NOW!" But, as Ture looks up into his attacker's eyes, he sees the blank, unfocused look and realizes he has seen this happen to Foxy once when the evil spirit, Naku. Ture then, decides to reason with Scion.

"SCION, please, listen to me. You are being possessed. You've got to fight it....."

"No! You're not going fool me again!" Scion responds through gritted teeth. "I'm tired of trying to make up for everything I've done to all of you! You want to fight me, Ture? Well, come on!! I'll kill you!"

"What...? Scion, what're you talking ab......"

Ture's question is interrupted as Scion flings himself at Ture's midsection, crashing into him and knocking both men to the floor. With Ture on top of him, it is difficult for Scion to get any leverage, which, he knows, is exactly what Ture wanted. Ture tried to pin Scion's arm to the floor , Ture realizes how much stronger his friend has become since he left to the moon fortess months ago. Still, Ture's years of studying the elements of Mantra have taught him more than a few tricks. Reaching up with his right hand, he uses a spell to make him as powerful as Scion, so he could knock Scion back into his senses. So, he tosses the Jade warrior off of him and up against the ceiling, obviously being stuck. It only takes seconds for each of the two young men to regain their feet and face the other in fighting stances again.

"Excellent, Ture! You are indeed worthy of becoming the consummate warrior! MWA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!"

Ture freezes, his eyes scanning the room. He knows he saw Scion's lips moving as he said that, but that was definitely not Scion's voice....

"Scion........? Was that you.....?"

Again, the deep, gravelly voice.

"I have waited a long time for you and Scion. Now, finally, my patience will be rewarded!"

"Who are you?!" Ture demanded in anger, his fists shaking. "What've you done to Scion?!?" Scion starts to foam at the mouth, making strange sounds of laughter and screeching, as well as his head twisting all the way around like a doll getting it's head screwed off.

"Look into your friend's eyes, dear Ture. Look and see how hopeless your attempt to save this man really is........"

Eyes narrowing, Ture looks into the eyes of Scion. What he sees there terrifies him more than anything he's ever faced before. Scion's eye were fiery orange and gold, the "Life Jade" was pure black, blood veins showing through his pale skin and foam spraying from his mouth.

"Good Lord!"

"Ummmm.....Not quite, young one..........Hahahahahaha!"

"What....What do you want from us?", he asks, beads of sweat already forming on his skin.

"What I have wanted for years.......your eternal souls! I wanted revenge against the one called 'Saizou'! He has killed me long ago, now is my time for REVENGE!"

A deep, unrelenting chill flows through Ture's huge bones. In all the battles he has fought, death had always been a possibility. Although he, Scion, Foxy and Ramyleth never dwelled on it, they were always aware of it, and accepted the risks involved in saving life on the planet. But fighting for his and Scion's souls, completely alone against.......him......?!? Even Ture's self-confidence began to falter. His arms drop to his sides, his steel determination and concentration now sapped away........

"Yeeesssssssssss.......", the voice hissed. "You see it now, don't you, Ture? The impossibility of your winnning this battle........You know that even you, with your supposedly indomitable will and courage, have no hope of defeating me.....! Not even Mantra can work!"

Ture feels a wave of despair flow over him. The voice was right; there was no way he could defeat whatever was possessing Scion's body. Especially without Foxy, Ramyleth or his new mentor, Osiris. It was hopeless, impossible. He was all alone and helpless.

Suddenly, Scion's features soften, his eye and Jade returns to normal and he finally falls from the ceiling, knocking his head up against the legs of the bed.

"Ture........Don't give in to him........Remember what you taught me......You're never alone.......We're always.....with.....you......."

"Silence, slave!", the voice booms. Scion's face and body quickly changes again, returning to the hard, evil one of moments earlier.

"Scion, please stop this!"

The sound of his friend's voice struck something deep within the Giant. A new surge eteretermination washes away all the despair he was feeling moments ago. Instinctively, he falls into his fighting stance again, hands curled into fists, grabbing up his huge mace. His temples flare with barely surpressed anger. He does not like having his emotions manipulated....

"Get out of my friend....", he says through gritted teeth, violently swinging his mace around the room.

"Hahahahaha! You bastard! You cannot stop me! Do you know who I am?!?"

"I know who you are. But, thanks to Scion, I remember who I am, too. I won't let you take him......."

"Fool! I have waited for years to acquire you two! Your friend called 'Scion' is the heir of the warrior called 'Saizou'. He killed me long ago, he stopped the nothingness from consuming and mutating the world! Now, it's my turn to take his heir away! Join us or die!"

"Never!" Suddenly, the room spins, and Ture finds himself facing three of the most beautiful Kyojin giant women he's ever seen. Silently, they walk towards him and begin to gently caress his exposed skin, running their fingers through his hair.

"Join us, Ture." they whisper into his ear. "We will give you all of the pleasure and desire you want."

"N-no....." Ture whimpered.

Now, their fingers are replaced by their soft lips and tongues. One of them lifts his chin and presses her sweet lips against his. The other two begin kissing his bare shoulders.....his neck....his chest.......

"Come with us and we can be with you forever." the Kyojin giant women whisper.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Ture screamed in anger and frustration. Ture then feels the warmth of their skin press against his as their hands join their lips in exploring his body.

"Oh.....Lord......."

Eyes shut tight, Ture tries to fight the tingling that surges through his body. He has never had a woman who tasted, smelled or.....felt.....as wonderful as these three. He feels their lips and fingers lightly run down his body, massaging his muscles, gently tickling him. He feels them as they rub his shoulders....kiss his chest.......caress his tight abs......slide beneath the waistband of his briefs.........

"NO!"

The women vanish as Ture opens his eyes and throws them off with his mace. Breathing heavily, chest heaving, he turns to face Scion.

"Get....out....of....my....friend.....!", he demands again, barely able to contain his rage.

Scion grins. Folding his arms, he absently strokes his chin as he regards his former comrade..

"Hmmmmmmm......... the beings of nothingness were correct. Your will is formidable, former comrade of Scion's. Still, I am not done 'playing' with you yet......."

Ture pauses. "The NOTINGNESS.....???"

"Perhaps this would be more to your liking......"

With a wave of his hand, the being possessing Scion summons the power of Yin to opens a rift in the very air itself. Staring into the scene before him, Ture is shocked to see the four ancient heroes finishing a battle with some nameless monster.

"This....can't be.......", mutters Ture. "I've never even met the ancients.......yet.........I know all about them........"

"Of course you do, my friend......watch..........."

The battle ends, and the group teleports together to the bridge of the Moon fortress. They walk up to a mechanism resembling a gigantic mirror. They were all trying to fore-see the future. One clip that Ture could not get out of his head was one where he saw Scion being possessed and Ture having to fight him.

"No.....This isn't right......." Ture says, strangely unable to take his eyes away from the scene unfolding before him. "That's......impossible!"

"Aaahhhh, but nothing is impossible if you join with me. We both know how much you miss going on adventures, staying by Scion's side.........."

Ture feels a pang of emotion at that last remark. How many times has he thought about 'the good old days'? Defending this world with all his old friends?

"You would be just as you were, with Scion again. Only this time, you would be defending more than just Dai-Chi; you would be heroes throughout the entire galaxy! Think of the adventure! The sights you would see that no other man has ever seen before! And you, would be on the forefront of this great battle, rather than wasting you life away!"

Ture just could not take it anymore "JUST SHUT UP!"

"No, you shut up bastard..........Did I forget to mention something?", hisses Scion.

In the vision, Ture saw himself, as well as Scion, Foxy, and Ramyleth, fighting Gomora!

"No...It can't be! Gomora? He wanted to die though."

"Wanted to die? Ha! Haven't you realized yet? Nothing is beyond my reach! Come with me, and all of this can be yours, including the soul and lifeforce of the late

Ture's eyes closed tight, teeth cleched. Suddenly, his hands trembles and a tear rolls down his left cheek. He can no longer keep his emotions in check. So many feelings have been churning inside him......concern for Scion........sorrow over Gomora's long desired death.......anger at this entity's manipulations.......longing for his old friends.........After all of that, even Ture's sanity will begins to crack.

"Ture, Join me......!Join me and all this can be yours.........", the demon purrs seductively. Ture stands motionless, longing clearly showing in his eyes as he watches his three friends gather around him in the swirling scene before him. His fists continuously clench and unclench as he struggles with his emotions.

"Wait.......Did I forget something?"

Another wave of Scion's hand, and Ture's three comrades and friends, came to him.

Ture's voice cracks as he recognizes what is happening. "Scion's....friends?"

"Yesssssss......... Take my hand, join with me, and I will release your friend. HA HA HA HA HA!!!" A wave of exhaustion and weakness overcomes Ture. His eyes close in defeat and, biting his quivering bottom lip, he feels his hand rise from his side to join with the outstretched one in front of him.

"Oh, God....I'm so sorry.........", he whispers, tears flowing freely.

"Yeeessssssss.........go on child!"

Suddenly, Scion's face twists as if in pain, and the true voice struggles to be heard through clenched teeth.

"Ture....don't do it!" Ture's hand suddenly stops moving.

"Fight him, bro........You've got to be.....strong.......You can....beat him........."

Then, with an obvious effort, the demon regains control.

"AARRRGH!!!!! You'll pay for that, you bastard!"

"Scion........He's right..........What........What am I doing??" Wiping his tears away with the back of his hand, Ture immediately assumes a fighting stance, a look of frightening anger and determination on his face, holding his mace up in the air again.

"It's over, demon. You'll never have me, Scion, or ANYBODY!"

"Damn him! I almost had you! He should not have been able to free himself from my control!", rages the demon.

"Yeah, well, Scion's a lot stronger than most people think, despite him being smaller than me. That was your first mistake. "

Ture launches into a series of canings with his Mace , catching the demon offguard and sending Scion stumbling back. Only the reflexes of his body keep him from being badly injured.

"Your spell is broken, and I don't care what you do to me, monster! I'm not going to betray my friends! Now..... get.....out....of.....Scion!!" Ture punctuates his words with strong, fast blows. He becomes a whirlwind of movement, using every opening and advantage he can find. Although he manages to deflect some of Ture's attack, the demon is unprepared for the ferocity he now faces. The Giant's face is twisted in rage, muscles flexing as he prepares another attack.

"Scion! I know you're in there! You've got to help me! He can't take both of us!"

Long seconds pass as Ture's dark eyes lock with the demon's. Then, they suddenly soften and a strangled cry erupts from Scion's mouth.

"Nnnnnooooooooo!!!! You cannot do this!! Your soul is tainted....too weak to break free!!" roars the demon.

"I.....don't....think....so.....!"Scion says, struggling to reassert himself.

Ture smiles for a second, then resumes his determined look. Taking a deep breath, he lays into the body of his best friend. A jab of his mace to Scion's head, casting a Mantra of the fire elemental on the possessed Scion and then, another jab with mace in his chest. Soon, Scion's body is staggering, his hands covering his face.

"No......Please....No more hitting!"

Ture strangely notices how the voice sounds so much less demanding and more....scared? Suddenly, Scion's scarred body freezes, becoming rigid and still. Then, a foul, black cloud of smoke erupts from his open mouth and coalesces on the floor between the two of them. The figure that appears is a deep red, with horns sprouting from it's head and tufts of hair all over it's body. Curling up into a ball, the monster covers it's head and eyes with two clawed hands. Ture watches as awareness returns to Scion's eyes and he slumps against the wall, exhausted.

"SCION!" In one swift movement, Ture is past the monster and at his friend's side, supporting him.

"Hey........Owww!", moans Scion, rubbing his side.

"Ah, I'm sorry. You okay?"

"Yeah, I'll live.....But did you have to hit me with your mace??" Scion asks, smiling up at his friend.

Ture returns the smile, relieved to finally have Scion back. "Sorry; I forgot how easily you bruise, since you are humanoid and all....."

"Very funny Ture. What're we going do with him, the demon?"

"Well, personally, I'm not done hitting or casting mantra magic him just yet....", Ture replies jokingly, curling his hand into a fist.

"No! Please! I'll behave!Just don't hit me again!"

"Who put you up to this?", demands Ture.

" The great one of Nothingness.........Months ago, when Saizou transferred his powers to Scion, the great one ordered me use that opportunity to enter Scion's soul and slowly corrupt him. I wanted revenge against you, Scion and Saizou, for tryign to wipe out the nothingness' creations."

"Well, that explains why you weren't wiped out with the other monsters......", notes Ture, still carefully watching the mewling monster. "The wave that destroyed them probably wouldn't affect you inside Scion's body."

"But....why my soul and not Ture's as well?"

"Because, my master felt that you were the weak link. Ture was too strong. Your soul had already been tainted by a great god being, and with you converted again, he could force Ture to submit, also......."

"So you're not really him.....the Nothingness, I mean......"

"No, although my powers can twist your mind and emotions into believing I am. In fact, I can even enhance whatever feelings you already have, like the ones you have for each other. Master of Nothingness thought it would be more convincing that way......He never said anything about all the hitting, though! I mean, a little I can stand, but I have a very delicate complexion!"

Despite themselves, the two young men try to stifle a laugh.

"I don't believe this.......", sighs Ture, smiling.

"Why don't some of the other 'Chosen ones' have problems like this?", grins Scion.

"So, what do we do with him? I mean, we can't just kill him.......can we?", asks Ture, casting an eye at the monster.

"Kill me?!? No, please!! I promise I'll never bother you again!"

"Think we can trust him?", asks Ture.

"Welllll.......the nothingness is no match for me, Surlent, Riza or Dune, since we are destined to become new Rudras, controlling life on the planet." replies Scion. The demon's jaw drops in shock.

"You a Rudra?!? I don't believe it!!"

"Believe it. And if you ever bother either one of us......", Scion tells him, menacingly.

"..........Or any of our friends........", interjects Ture.

".........we will have your head on a pike!"

"Okay! Okay! I get the picture! I'm out of here! AAAAAAAAH!"

Then, in a puff of acrid smoke, he is gone. With great sighs of relief, the two friends slump against the wall and slide onto the floor.

"Damn! I'm glad that's over!"

"You?!? How'd you like to share your body with him? Not to mention getting......owww.......beat up by your best friend?", replies Scion, rubbing his side again. "I think you broke a rib!"

Ture chuckles. "I did not! And you got in some good hits too, you know!" Then Ture takes a good look at Scion and sees the dried blood on his lips, the bruises on his face and upper body.

"Hey, seriously, .....You alright?", he asks. Scion sees the exhaustion and concern in Ture's face. He also sees the deep purple bruises on his friend's abs and shoulders.

"Yeah, I'm okay.........You?"

"Yeah, I'm cool."

"Hey, Ture?"

"Yeah?"

"Thanks. You saved my life. I would have never known what to do...."

"Hey, it was a team effort. Even the strongest of people need help at times like this." The two help each other to their feet.

"Scion?"

"Unnhhh....Yeah?"

"Do you think the monster will ever come back??", Ture asks with a wry grin.

Scion chuckles. "Man, I hope not. If he does, he will become bloody pulp!"

The two friends laugh, then pick up their garments as they slowly limp towards the bathroom shower.

"You know, I could've taken you......", says Scion, smiling.

"No way! You're just lucky I was holding back.....", chides Ture.

"What?!? If you hadn't pulled that stupid sheet trick......"

"Oh, come on, man! I just didn't want to hurt you........" Ture chuckled as he held onto Scion.

"Ture......" Scion said, grining.

"Yes Scion?" Ture asked. "What do you need?"

"Please don't tell Foxy all about this!" Scion laughed as he and Ture cleaned up, got dressed and headed out of the Inn and into the vast world, awaiting another day to come.



THE END
Sign up to rate and review this story