Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius > La Timinia

Replaced

by panda_1418 1 review

It's not only Julius who doesn't want Delilah's counterpart working for the Dark One ...

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 547 words

1Exciting
[Kingdom Come]

Usha tries to think she's imagining this. But deep down, she knows she's not. Before the whole Sacrifice deal, the Dark One has treated her like his equal. She is his second-in-command, his first Sacrifice. But now that Haliled is here, he seems to have forgotten her. It's like she has been discarded, like an old toy that some kid outgrew.

The Dark One has his pale, bony arm wrapped around Haliled's shoulders. The very sight that made Julius sick makes Usha want to vomit. The Dark One never did that to her in all her centuries of service. Haliled has only been around for a few hours, and it seems that her master has completely forgotten Usha.

"Usha," the Dark One begins - hope and pride surges through her. Perhaps she is not forgotten, and merely jealous - "I need to speak with you - privately."

Usha tries to hide a smug smile that is threatening to spread across her pale face. She looks at Haliled, wondering what her reaction will be. Surprisingly, the new servant is smiling pleasantly at Usha. Before Usha can make some smart remark, the Dark One pulls her aside.

"Usha," he says, "you have always been my favourite. My second-in-command, almost like a sister to me."

The High Queen swells with pride. Could he be promoting her? But she was under the impression there was no higher rank than High Queen.

"...that makes what I am about to do all the more difficult." her master continues. "Usha, my friend, I am sorry, but you must go."

Usha is completely shocked. "What? Why? What have I done?"

"It's nothing to do with you. You have always been the most powerful of my followers, but that has changed. Now Haliled is hear, and as I absorbed Delilah's life force, I felt something. I know that Haliled is the Chosen One, destined to stand by my side as I take over the surface world."

"But ... but ..." Usha is lost for words. She was under the impression that it would be she by the Dark One's side, not some new-comer. "Surely her powers aren't greater than mine?"

The Dark One shakes his head. "No, not yet. But when the Harvest Moon comes, Haliled's powers will be at their peak, and that is when we conquer the humans."

The Harvest Moon? That's only a month away! Usha is about to object, but the Dark One is not finished. He places a hand on her shoulder, and it burns. Usha is dumbfounded. She has not felt pain in centuries! Her master only uses his powers against ones who have been disobedient!

"Usha, my dear, I am afraid it's time for you to go."

In a blinding flash of light and moment of indescribable pain, Usha finds the place she has lived for centuries is gone. She is no longer in Kingdom Come.

She falls to the floor, scared and frightened. She has no idea where she is. Suddenly, she hears something behind her. Usha turns around and gasps. She is sitting in the back of Delilah's closet! Julius is sitting on Delilah's bed, staring at her. Finally, he finds his voice.

"You!" he shouts angrily. "What are you doing here?"

A plan is already forming in Usha's mind.
Sign up to rate and review this story