Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

Escape

by darks00 3 reviews

(Round 4) Bands left in the Forgotten Bands Contest: Euthansasia Falling Stars Lyrics Chained My Sanctuary Immortal Words Virtual Reality Fallen Angels

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 1496 words

3Insightful
Chapter 12: Escape

KENNYS POINT OF VIEW:

A few weeks later, Klaus got a call from the court that their Aunt Mary is now officially their legal guardian. Klaus was so happy he tried to not to cry with happiness. We also found out that their father's court date wasn't for another four months. As mad as I was at Kyle, I was a little bit happy for him, too. No one deserves to be abused.

(Behind the Forgotten Bands stage)

I saw a blonde hair girl was coming towards me. I thought she was beautiful. And she was coming towards me? Me!? Kenneth Riot?!? Act cool, Kenny, act cool...

When she came up to me, on instinct, I shouted,

"You're a girl!"

Oh my God. I blew it. Totally blew it.

"Yes, I am," She said laughing. "Aren't you Kenny from the band My Sanctuary?"

"Yeah, I'm the guitar player."

"Hi. I'm Amanda from Virtual Reality. I also play guitar. I came by to tell you that I like your group. Your songs are filled with so much emotion."

"Thanks. I like your band, too."

The truth was, I hated their band. But sometimes, it was okay to lie, I thought.

"Thanks. Well, I'll see you later," She said in a felicitous tone.

"Yeah. Bye," I said, seeing hearts in my eyes.

Man. She was beautiful. My heart was thumping inside my chest. I felt like I could fly. I smiled. I liked that feeling.

____________________________________________________________

It was the Forgotten Band contest time. I was worried. I thought we were going to lose, for I went on stage drunk. That got me kicked out of the contest for the day. Surprisingly, that was the only penalty My Sanctuary got. I was surprised our band didn't get kicked out of the contest completely. But, it kept on bugging me inside out, who gave me that beer!? Anyways, since the band didn't have a guitar player for the last round. Our song wasn't as good without guitar. It just so happened that Immortal Words were voted out. How the hell did we make it, I don't know. First up was Euthanasia. But what I didn't understand was why it was both Kyle and Andy who went up to the mic.

Andy took the mic.

"Hello, our fans!" He cried out, waving to the audience, "I have something to say to My Sanctuary, if I may,"

He didn't wait for a reply.

"Everyone knows My Sanctuary's drummer, Joey, right?" -Joey flinched, I noticed- "Well, he's only 14. You have to be 15 to be in this contest."

I noticed Joey's fist clench.

"And that's not it." Andy said, laughing into the mic as if he was drunk, "guess who gave their guitar player, Kenny, that beer?"

My ears perked when I heard those words.

"It was Joey!"

Everyone gasped.

"Joey, how could you!" I cried out to him.

I felt betrayed. Oh, now I remember. I remember everything. Joey telling me to have the beer, that it was okay. I was just about to tell Joey off, but he didn't give me a chance. He ran up to the mic and stole it from Andy's hands. Joey ignored the dirty look that Andy gave him.

"Yes, what Andy said is all true," Confessed Joey. "But, please, hear me out. I'm going to be fifteen next week. Isn't that close enough? Why do you need to be a certain age to live out your dream, anyhow? I am finally getting a taste of my dream, and you want to take it away from me now?"


"...And to our guitarist, Kenny...it's true, I did give him that beer." Joey said, looking down. "I'm sorry, Kenny. Truly, I am. But Kyle blackmailed me saying that if I didn't give you that beer, he'd tell everyone my real age. Trust me, I feel terrible. But as you can see, Andy just backstabbed me...Again. I guess that's my punishment for giving you that beer."

I thought for a second. He was black mailed. What would I have done if I was in Joey's position? Would I have done the same thing?

"So, if you want to take away my dream right under me, just for something this silly, go ahead," Joey continued, "So I lied about my age. I'm sorry. But you wouldn't have gave me a chance to live my dream if I didn't."

With those words, Joey went back to Megan, Klaus and myself.

"Joey, how could you..How could you lie to us all?" Megan asked.

"I'm..I'm sorry," Replied Joey. "Trust me, I hated every moment of it."

"You betrayed our trust, Joey." Megan went on.

"Megan, relax, will ya?" I said. "Give the man a break. All he wanted to do was play his drums, to live his dream. I'm the one he gave the beer to, and I forgive him. He was blackmailed to. If you dream was threatened, wouldn't you've done the same thing?

I paused for a moment with realization. I then yelled so everyone in the audience and crew of the Forgotten Bands could me: "I TOLD YOU SOMEBODY GAVE ME THAT BEER!"

I heard everyone in the audience laughing.

"So...are we cool?" Asked Joey.

Megan shook her head yes. "Yeah. I guess so."

I stuck my hand out in the middle, signalling everyone to join me. I told Klaus to put his hand in and what we were doing, since this was his first time in our little chant.

"One, two, three...My Sanctuary!"

We all threw our hands in the air.

A laughter came behind us. We turned to see Andy and Kyle.

"How cute, preschoolers," Andy said, laughing.

Andy then looked at Megan. "Hey, princess, sure you don't want to join us?"

"No. Never," Megan said, raising her eyebrows to piece her stare.

"She's right," Kyle said. "She sucks. She can't even sing."

"You take that back!" Cried out Joey in anger.

"YEAH!" I agreed. "She doesn't suck that bad!"

"KENNY!" Megan cried out.

"Oops. Sorry," I said, shrugging, "I didn't mean the words to come out like that."

"Andy and Kyle, you better watch out," Joey said pointing his finger between the two of them. "You can never destroy us. You can try, but you'll always fail. Remember that. And I will never again believe a word you say, Andy."

DJ soon came to tell us that we were not disqualified because of Joey. I guess we were getting them good ratings, or maybe Joey's words got to them. It was our turn to play. We got on stage. It began with a solo of Megan on the piano. When we were all in position, she began her solo. Then Klaus and Joey joined in, and finally I joined in. Megan began to sing.

Sometimes I make my own reality
Just to keep my sanity
To forget that I'm all alone
I try to forget all that I know

Sometimes I just need to escape
I need to escape from my fate
I lie to myself and tell myself it's alright
As I close my eyes so tight

I made my own world just for me
A place that only I can see
A sanctuary of mine
I've been there all this time

Sometimes I just need to escape
I need to escape from my fate
I lie to myself and tell myself it's alright
As I close my eyes so tight


I finally found my own paradise here
Where I don't have to live in fear
A place where I belong
The place I've dreamt of all along

This is all that is left of me
Just the person I pretend to be
Pretending to be okay
Yet is dying inside more each day

Sometimes I just need to escape
I need to escape from my fate
I lie to myself and tell myself it's alright
As I close my eyes so tight
So I build my own world just for me to survive

I'm not as strong as I make myself to be
That's just the person I created, that's not me
It's so hard to cope with this world filled with hate
The world is doomed, that's it's fate

Sometimes I just need to escape
I need to escape from my fate
I lie to myself and tell myself it's alright
As I close my eyes so tight
So I build my own world just for me to survive

I want to be anywhere but here
Anywhere but here


We got a few claps as we left the stage. I couldn't help but think in my mind if Amanda was watching. Did she like my playing? Did she like our song? I was interrupted by hearing DJ's voice:

"Good job, My Sanctuary, better than last weeks performance. If you want to vote for My Sanctuary, go on forgottenbands.ca or text "forgottenbands" to 223344."


TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story