Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Meet Panic! At the Disco

Day 2

by Cucumber 4 reviews

Day two

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-29 - Updated: 2006-10-29 - 1024 words

1Insightful
Day 2
I woke up early next morning by the telephone.

"Hello?"

"Max? Hey this is Karl."

Oh shit, the editor. I sat up and unconsciously started to comb my hair with my fingers.

"Hi, what's up?"

"How are things going? With the band?"

"Oh, everything is going are alright. They finally spoke to me yesterday."

"They haven't really spoken to you?"

"Nope, then one of them knocked on my door last night and told me not to mention the breakup he recently had."

"That's bad. Well, I just called you because you're mom has a message."

"What? Don't leave me in suspense."

"You're dad went back to the hospital yesterday, he fell down some stairs. Should I give her your number?"

"Oh no! Whatever you do, do not let her get my phone number. I cannot concentrate with her constantly calling me."

"Understood. Now get your ass off the bed and try to get some info from the guys."

"I will."

"Good, take care."

I let out a long sigh. My dad was the clumsiest person I've ever known and my mom is constantly worried about him. He has broken almost every bone in his body, by falling down stairs, hitting himself with a hammer and even got hit by a car, which my mom drove. I dragged myself to the shower and got dressed. There was a long day ahead of me and I had to get something from them to write about. So far I had two things I wasn't supposed to mention, how Brendon's girlfriend dumped him and anything that would add fuel to rumors about Brendon and Ryan. So that just left music and their normal, boring lives. If I was going to listen to one more story about how Brendon has kicked Spencer's ass in video games I was going to scream. Did they ever do anything fun?

The majority of the day was spent setting up the tonight show. It was a Friday so I had heard that there plans about going out, checking out the party scene. I hung out with their dancers and the people that were closest to them. It was fascinating to watch them on stage, that's were they truly came alive. They came off-stage wet with sweat and with big smiles on their faces. Jon stopped when he saw me and motioned to be to follow them. I obeyed, although spending time in their sweat-smelling dressing room didn't really appeal to me at all. But everything for the cause, and keeping my job. I sat down on a couch, made myself comfortable and pulled up my camera. They were just acting as if I wasn't there, except Brendon who kept glancing in my direction.

"Does she have to be here?"

Such a whiner.

"Yeah, she does. What, are you afraid to undress in front of a girl?"

He just glared at Jon.

"Stop protecting your girlfriend."

Jon just shook his head.


We went to some fancy nightclub; the whole crew was there too. Soon enough our table was filled with empty glasses and bottles, everyone except Ryan were drinking; he told me he was a teetotal. I couldn't blame the guy, if my parents had alcohol problems I wouldn't touch it either. Jon and Spencer got all chatty, informing me of things I didn't even want to know about and I knew those things were too R-rated to ever appear in my article. Brendon just sat and drank, still moping over his girlfriend I s'pose. I was somehow tricked out on the dance floor where I stayed until my feet hurt. I stumbled back to the table were only Brendon was still sitting. He looked up when I sat down next to
him but looked back down to his lap when he saw it was only me.

"Why aren't you dancing like everyone else?"

He glanced at me.

"I'm making new friends."

"With whom?"

"This bottle."

He held up a half empty beer bottle.

"It listens to me and doesn't answer back."

I grabbed my glass from the table, but before I could take a sip Brendon had taken the glass away from me.

"I wouldn't do that; the guys put something in it."

"What?!"

"Yeah, no one from the band though. There's this trouble maker in the crew who like to mess with people."

I put the glass down. I don't want to risk it. I looked over the dance floor; everyone were having so much fun but I just wanted to go back to sleep. I was so tired after this week. I never slept a lot in tour buses. I stood up, getting myself ready to leave. I was about to walk away from the table when Brendon grabbed my hand.

"Where are you going?"

"To the hotel."

I pointed in the direction of the exit. He stood up as well.

"I'll come with you, I don't think it would be wise for a girl to be out alone this late."

Oh, so he was a gentleman. He motioned to the guys that we were leaving; they obviously thought we were going together since they gave us the thumbs up.

We sat facing away from each other in the taxi and didn't say a word. We got into our bedrooms without speaking, both minds lost for words.

Again there was a knock on my door as I was about to crawl into the bed. I was looking from the bed to the door, deciding which I should choose when the knocking became louder. Answering the door it was. Outside stood a half-naked Brendon. He was only wearing a pair of PJ pants.

"What now?"

He didn't say a word, just pressed his lips against mine. This was not happening, this couldn't be happening. He pulled away, his face bright red.

"I forgot to say goodnight."

He whispered before skipping into his bedroom. I closed the door and leaned against it. My heart was racing as my fingers trailed my lips. I wasn't sure if it had happened or not. I wasn't even sure if I had liked it or not.
Sign up to rate and review this story