Categories > Original > Drama > My Sanctuary

The Last Good-Bye

by darks00 3 reviews

(Round 5...half way done the contest) Feelings are so easy to keep inside...

Category: Drama - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-10-31 - Updated: 2012-01-10 - 1069 words

1Moving
Chapter 14: The Last Good-Bye

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

I didn't dare tell Megan and/or Klaus that I saw them kissing. I felt like Megan didn't need anymore drama in her life right now. Another reason- it hurt too much to even think about it. Who needs love anyways? I don't need Megan. I didn't need anyone. They all forgot my birthday, so who cares, right?

_____________________________________________________________

KENNYS POINT OF VIEW:

I found myself not being able to take my mind off of Amanda. I know I'm supposed to hate her. I mean, she's one of the contestants of the Forgotten Bands. She's also a guitarist for the band Virtual Reality, a rival band. I didn't dare tell the others. They wouldn't understand our love.

Amanda came towards me, just smiling as usual.

"Hey, Hon," She said.

"Hi." I replied.

I was speechless. What was I going to say? What if I say something stupid?

"You're a girl, so you have a chest that boys like!" I cried out.

I slapped my forehead. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Second time I messed up.

"Kenny, do you have something you'd like to tell me why you're acting like this?"

"So you know, huh?"

"Know what?" She said, obviously playing dumb.

I took a deep breath. "Well, Amanda, I'm going to be honest..."

Amanda looked interested in what I had to say. "I'm listening."

"...I think about you lots."

"I think about you lots, too."

"Really?"

"Of course. Why did you think I always come up to you?"

I smiled. "Does this mean I can ask you out?"

"I don't know," She said in a felicitous tone. "You didn't ask me."

"Amanda, will you be my girl?"

"I was wondering when you were going to say that,"

We both went into a hug. I was not alone anymore. Kenny had a girlfriend!

_________________________________________________________

MEGAN'S POINT OF VIEW:

I had to pinch myself a few times to see if I was having a nightmare. I mean, my mother died. Then, Klaus took advantage of me during my weak point. I don't even know what happened. He thinks we're going out now, but I don't want to hurt him. All I remembered was he gave me a hug when I was crying. Then, he kissed me without warning. I just wanted to feel loved at the time. When a loved one dies, you feel this empty feeling, and some people like myself will do anything to fill that emptiness. I'm just glad no one saw us kissing. That's good.

Falling Stars was voted out this week. Oh, yeah, My Sanctuary's still in! Then, it was the boys and my turn to sing. I went up to the mic I put my lips near the mic.

"Thanks again, everyone," I said, looking at the audiences. "I would like to dedicate this next song to my mother, who passed away last night."

I went to the piano and took my seat. Then, I slowly began to sing in my best voice I could for Mom:

Saying good bye is so hard to say
But now, here, you silently lay
I remember holding your hand in mine
I knew we didn't have much more time

I couldn't say all that I wanted to say
And I knew there wasn't going to be another day
There's just not enough time
To explain these feelings of mine

I embraced the moment
But at the same time it was torment
To see you so weak in the hospital bed
All these feelings swimming around in my head

I wasn't prepared for this, no
I just wanted someone to tell me it wasn't so
Wake me up for a living nightmare I'm living
I've cried so many tears in grieving

I couldn't say all that I wanted to say
And I knew there wasn't going to be another day
There's just not enough time
To explain these feelings of mine

I couldn't say all that I wanted to say
And I knew there wasn't going to be another day
There's just not enough time
To explain these feelings of mine

The world's not the same without you
I'm lost; I don't know what to do
I'm left with all this pain
And now all I see is rain

This is our good bye
This is our farewell

I closed my eyes at the last line. Then everyone heard me give a little sniffle into the mic. It was too much. This song was written by Amy and me. Our memories of our mother. I couldn't help it- I ran off the stage crying.

I over heard DJ lost for words. "Sorry to hear of your loss, Megan," He said. If you want to vote for My Sanctuary, go on forgottenbands.ca or text "forgottenbands" to 223344."

_______________________________________________________________

JOEYS POINT OF VIEW:

"Megan, wait!" I remember hearing Klaus cry out.

It made me angry, for I was pissed off at Klaus at the moment. But, hey, I guess Megan needs us all right now.

But Megan didn't stop. She ran into her sister, fell into her arms in a hug and just cried her eyes out.

"It's not fair!" Cried out Megan into Amy's shoulder. "It's just not fair!"

"Megan, your mother may be gone. But think of it as her just leaving her shell on earth. She's in heaven, now. Soon we're all be re-united." Kenny said, shrugging.

Now, as you know, this isn't like Kenny. He's the funny, stupid guy.

"And this is coming from a guy who's not catholic?" Asked Klaus, laughing.

Screw you, Klaus, I said to myself. Megan's crying her eyes out, and you laugh. It was then I realized Klaus and Kyle were more similar than I thought. It's funny how you think you know someone, but really, you don't.

"Megan, you'll always have us. We'll always be here for you." I told her, and put a hand on her shoulder.

"Thanks, guys." Megan said, wiping her wet tears on her shirt sleeve.

This time it was Amy who put her hand in the middle.

"I'm part of the band, too, aren't I?" She asked when she saw the confusion on all of our faces.

Everyone put their hands to form a circle, then raised them out into the air, crying out,

"MY SANCTUARY!"

And my God, I hope our name lives to what it means...


TO BE CONTINUED...

xxDarkness' Kidxx
Sign up to rate and review this story