Categories > Books > Harry Potter > The Path Chosen

Chapter one: A Long Awaited Abduction

by Random_Shinobi 3 reviews

Harry Potter has been trained by a certain Dark wizard since he turned five. What happens when now fifteen years old Harry arrives his first time to Hogwarts to get his OWLs?

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: R - Genres: Drama - Characters: Harry - Published: 2006-11-04 - Updated: 2006-11-04 - 3033 words

5Exciting
Disclaimer: If you recognize it, then it might well belong to J.K.R or to some of her affiliates. Or to some random people out there. I only claim my OC:s and plot.

------------------------------------------------------------


Chapter one: A Long Awaited Abduction



Four years-old Harry Potter didn't like Dursleys. Actually, he completely despised them. And he had good reason to hate them: They despised him far more than he despised them, if possible.


He hated the fact that he had to live with his aunt and uncle. They were so cold to him, so unfair.


His cousin had everything he wanted. Everything.


And he had nothing. His all clothes were old, tattered and overly large hand-me-downs, he had no toys... or actually he had no earthly possessions at all. And worst of all he had to sleep in a cupboard under the stairs, when his cousin had TWO rooms. It was so unfair.


He couldn't understand it. Why where they so blatantly favouring his cousin. What had he possibly done to deserve this? What had he done wrong?


He knew that he had done something as his cousin, Dudley, most definitely hadn't done anything to deserve the gifts he was constantly presented with. Dudley was nothing more than an idiotic bully. He was the reason that he had no friends. Harry didn't exactly know what he had done, only that it had to be something terrible if his aunt and uncle were treating him like this.


He had many times fantasised that some of his long forgotten relatives would come and take him away from the Dursleys. Fat chance. No one cares about me.


Tonight he would turn five but none had bothered to buy him a present or even congratulate him. His aunt had bought a present. But not to him, to Dudley. On his birthday! It was so unfair...


"Harry, come here. You must clean the kitchen," aunt Petunia's high voice interrupted his angsty ponderings. "And once you are finished, you will vacuum the living room."


With a defeated sigh, Harry started to move towards the kitchens. When you have no choice, hope is useless, it's only hurting you further more.


*


Kheiron was walking in the ministry of magic. His dark robes whirled as he strode trough its crowded corridors. His bright blue eyes were watching his surroundings vigilantly.


I really wonder why Dumbledore left Harry to Dursleys. Very good reward for the boy who vanquished the Dark Lord, indeed! Besides there is that damned prophecy. It took me years to gain the exact contents of the prophecy. And Dumbledore has known it all along. Known it, and done nothing. It seems that I must do what must be done. Besides it might even be fun...


It was weird that no one appeared to notice him as he moved trough the ministry. He was after all a fugitive wizard. Well, not really a fugitive as they weren't searching for him. But if they knew him, then they would be.


There was simple reason for this unexpected phenomenon. He was invisible.


Not many wizards or witches can cast invisibility spell. To cast it you need great talent and considerable power. But the true problem with this spell is not to cast it, but to keep it going. You must constantly concentrate to keep it up. Most people simply lack the mental focus needed to hold it up for more than about a half minute. Thus, even people who could learn to cast it, rarely did so.


Kheiron however could do it. He had also cast many other spells on himself to hide and mask his presence.


Not that he would have needed them, though. It had been ridiculously easy for him to gain access into the ministry. It seemed that the Wizarding World had fallen into a false sense of security after the defeat of so-called Lord Voldemort. What a bunch fools. There are still many Death Eaters free, some of them in this very building. Someone could even say that the most dangerous of them are here. Cautious evil is much more dangerous in longer perspective than reckless evil.


I would have thought that minister Crouch would have at least been a competent minister. But no, it seems that he have become soft after the war. Soft and careless. He didn't believe me when I namelessly owled him that Voldemort's spirit was hiding in Albania. They think that his gone for good. What a bunch of idiots, indeed.


But then. If I didn't find him, I doubt that they could have done so either. To find him I would need competent help. Maybe I should speak with Dumbledore... No... It's better to stay within the plan... speaking of which...



He had arrived to the door of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. Kheiron walked discretely inside.


He looked around for Under-Aged Magic Control office, and found it. They where the ones who controlled the wards, which detected all magic in London and its surrounding areas.


Kheiron opened the door and stepped inside, letting his invisibility spell fall off.


*


Marvin Fletchley was annoyed. He had to keep eye on the magiradar for the whole evening. It was really, really boring. Ooh... someone just performed Scourgify charm in the middle of London. Very interesting... I am so bored... I really wish that something would happen.


Suddenly he heard door opening behind him. As Marvin turned he saw that someone had just entered his room. /Huh... Something is happening!/


This someone looked pretty imposing. He was young.
/About 25 years old, I think./ He was of average height. Short blonde hair. His most striking feature was his bright blue eyes with oval shaped pupils. Weird. Visitor had very expensive looking robes. Midnight black velvet with gold embroidery.


"How may I help you, sir?" Marvin asked politely.


"Ah, quite easily, my friend," Kheiron answered pleasantly. "It would also be very profitable for you."


Marvin was starting to get suspicious. "What do you want?"


"Straight to the point, eh? Fine by me. I want you to ignore anything that you might see on the magiradar tonight."


"What!" Marvin gasped.


"Yes. If you do that, I will pay you one thousand galleons," Kheiron said as he used Legilimency on the Ministry official to see if he would try to deceive him.


It was useless, though.


Marvin was enraged. "How DARE you-" His words were cut off by Kheiron's silencing charm.


"Expelliarmus. Stupefy. Petrificus Totalus. Incarcerous. Obliviate."


Series of low -level spells slammed into Marvin. I am sorry kid. It had to be done. I cannot have ministry interferencing in my affairs tonight.


Kheiron took deep breath and used complex curse to, well, curse the magiradar to show completely random information.
After that he jinxed the door to stay shut and Disapparated.


*


Harry's day was going downhill. He was now locked in his cupboard without food. All this because he supposedly didn't clean the kitchen well enough.


He was hungry. He was desperate. He couldn't live like this. Not like this. He was too hungry to sleep. So he stayed awoke looking at the dark ceiling. Suddenly he heard familiar sound of doorbell. 'Bling Blong'


Who could it be? Harry heard uncle Vernon mumbling something as he went to open the door. Vernon was annoyed. Harry was starting to pity the one who had dared to disturb Dursleys' evening. He knew far too well what it felt to be at the receiving end of his uncle's rage.


"Good evening," said a cheery voice Harry didn't know. He could hear his uncle gasp. What is happening? He wanted to see, but he was locked into his cupboard.


"I presume that I can come inside, yes?" he heard the stranger saying. "Though, it's not like I need your permission, muggle."


"You... You..." Vernon's voice was starting to get very angry. "You are one of those freaks. Aren't you?"


Harry was growing amused. But on the other hand he was also getting really worried about the stranger's safety. He shuddered. Uncle Vernon seemed to be in very bad mood.


"Get out of my house, you freak!"


"My father used to say that if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all... you bastard," came the amused reply, which had Harry chuckling. "You really need to work on your manners, muggle."


"GET OUT-" Vernon's yelling abruptly stopped. After a heartbeat of silence there was a loud stump. Something heavy had hit the floor.


"What did you do to him?" aunt Petunia yelled panickedly.


He heard visitor saying, "Silencio." Suddenly he couldn't hear his aunt's screams anymore. What happened?


"Alohomora." The cupboard's door suddenly opened. It was like magic! Harry blinked as bright light suddenly flooded into his sensitive eyes.


"Harry, my boy. Come here," he heard the stranger saying softly.


Harry gasped as he saw Kheiron. He looked so out of this world. He was wearing dark robes. Robes! And he had short wooden stick in his right hand. What is he going do with that stick?


The boy and the man stared each other for some time without saying anything.


"Um... Who are you, mister?" Harry asked tentatively.


Stranger smiled at him. It was a some-what rare event. Not many people smiled at him. "My name is Kheiron Lestrange," the robed man said as he bowed slightly. "And I happen to be a wizard."


"Wizard?"


"Yes, a wizard. See." He pointed his wand at Unconscious Vernon on the floor. Harry felt an invisible surge of power, and Vernon turned into a pig.


Harry stared pig that had used to be his uncle Vernon in astonishment, his eyes wide and mouth hanging open. Behind him, Petunia fainted.


The man turned his gaze back at him. "And you are wizard too, Harry."


"I am?" Harry couldn't believe his ears.


"Yes, you are."


"Can I do magic?" Harry asked excited.


"Not yet," Kheiron answered. "Magic is like a science, Harry. You must learn its rules and principles before you can use it. But luckily for you, I am willing to teach you. I would like to take you in as my apprentice. That is, if you are willing to leave Dursleys and come with me."


"Yes!" Harry yelled. He was going to leave Dursleys! He was going to learn magic! It was like a dream come true.


"Take your stuff. We are leaving soon." Harry swiftly ran into his cupboard to gather his belongings. Not that there were many.


Kheiron took few steps forward and cast Ennervate on Petunia. She was looking wildly around, like she was searching for an escape route.


"I will take Harry away. You will never see him again. You will gain freedom from the magical world forever."


Petunia was staring him.


"My friends are taking care of legalities in the muggle world. No one will come to ask you about his disappearance. And what comes to the wizarding world, you just have to sign this. I have already signed it," Kheiron said as he gave parchment and quill to Petunia.


Petunia hesitated. She was biting her lip.


"If you don't sign it I will leave your husband as a pig." Petunia gave up and signed the contract, giving a small yelp as the blood quill engraved her signature in her hand. Petunia stared her arm in disbelief as the wound quickly healed itself.


Kheiron took the parchment and the quill back. Then he turned back to Harry.


"Sign this," he said to Harry.


"Um... I cannot write," Harry said embarrassed. Kheiron blinked. I forgot... he thought. Maybe I should have waited few years longer.


"Well, it doesn't really matter. Just make some mark in the empty spot," Kheiron reasoned. "It's all about the blood. It really matters not what you write into it... as long as you do it willingly."


Harry was confused. "Blood?"


"Uh... forget about that. Just do your mark already."


As soon as the blood quill touched the parchment, all blood wards around number four Privet Drive crumbled down.


Kheiron watched the mark Harry had just drawn with small smile on his lips. The parchment was now decorated by a blood red lightning bolt. Fitting.


Kheiron grappled Harry from his shoulder and waved his wand towards Vernon, who suddenly become human again.


Two 'Obliviate Totalus' spells later Kheiron Disapparated away with Harry.


*


The Ministry of Magic was in chaos. Someone had attacked a Ministry official in the Ministry itself. Most disturbingly no one had seen this attacker. That someone had also cursed the magiradar.


Probably to hide some major, illegal magic usage, thought Kingsley Shacklebolt. It was disconcerting. Something big is going to happen, or had already happened. And we can do hardly nothing about it now.


Ministry curse-breakers were puzzled by the hex in the magiradar. It was a real masterwork, they said. It would probably take hours to lift the curse without harming the magiradar itself.


What where they after? Why would they risk themselves to disable magiradar? It would have been easier to just do the deed and Apparate away before Ministry officials could arrive.


The only possible answer that Shacklebolt could come up to was that they were after something, which was guarded by magic in London area. They would need much time to get themselves through wards and other magical protections.


That would explain why they would bother to disable the magiradar. But what were they after? What did they do?


There aren't that many possible targets in London. We can discount Diacon Alley, as there is always so much magic that magiradar won't work on it anyways. What could they be after?



Suddenly he realised it, and gasped, "Potter."


*


Squad consisting of four red robed Aurors Apparated into dark and silent Privet Drive. They all had their wands drawn. Most of them carried shiny black stun-batons on their equipment belt, though one of them wore a pistol holster, containing a muggle taser.


They approached Dursleys' home stealthily. Melding into shadows. Literally.


The Aurors quickly arrived to the front door, which were surrounded by faintly glowing set of weird red runes.


"Fresh blood," Squad leader Shacklebolt whispered to his companions, as he studied the markings "Probably dragon's." I was right. Damn it!


"Those runes probably bypass some of the wards woven around this house," the squad's curse-breaker stated, as she looked the red runes, appearing mildly intrigued. "I recognize most of the runes and I think it should be harmless for us to pass."


As the house stayed silent, Shacklebolt gave a small nod, and a second later two of his squad members blasted the front door into tiny splinters and sprinted inside their wands ready.


It was anticlimactic. They had been expecting Death Eaters or something like that... Instead there were two unconscious adults laying on the floor, and a very panicked and very fat boy child standing next to them.


They made a full search but there was no sign of Harry Potter.


It become even more disturbing that when they managed to awaken the two adult Dursleys, as they seemed to know nothing of Harry’s fate. Actually, they claimed that they had never even heard of the boy.


Dudley was only one who remembered Harry. And he had been sleeping when Harry went missing.


The Boy Who Lived had gone missing. And they had absolutely no clue about his current where-abouts or situation. Kingsley was growing desperate really fast.


Daily Prophet would love this.


Dumbledore would hate this.


He hated to think what minister Crouch would do...


*


The morning dawned as always, not caring of who lived or died, unless of course we are talking about wizard Phaeton, but that was an accident... probably. Anyway, in a small and cramped, but surprisingly cosy kitchen two people had already started their morning routines.


Arthur Weasley was eating his breakfast. He opened his newspaper, and saw the front cover…


"Oh... no," he whispered softly.


Molly looked her husband with concern. "Has something happened?" Arthur was clearly upset about something.


Mr. Weasley turned the Daily Prophet on his hands so that his wife could read what it said:


The Boy Who Lived abducted!
By Rita Skeeter.


Harry Potter, the Boy Who Lived, famous for defeating He-who-must-not-be-named as a baby, was abducted yesterday.

He had been living with his muggle relatives in London in a house that had supposedly been warded against intrusions. Not to mention that the location of his home was official Ministry secret.

Nevertheless, someone managed to abduct Harry Potter. The Ministry didn't even realise that he had been taken for many hours.

When they finally realised that he had been taken, it was already too late. All wards around the Privet Drive four, Harry and his relatives' home, had been destroyed and his uncle and aunt had been obliviated, destroying all evidence.

All attempts to locate unfortunate Mr. Potter have been failures as no tracking spells seem to be able to locate him.

This means that the Boy Who Lived is either dead or under powerful untracking charm.

Neither of them is good news.

Most wizards and witches on the streets have once again been scandalised by the Ministry's incompetence. It seems that the Ministry cannot even protect a single boy, whom we all own so great debt.

Albus Dumbledore, the Headmaster of the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry and the creator of the failed wards has yet been unable for a comment. Many feel that he is no longer suitable to lead Hogwarts. How can we trust our children into his care, as he couldn't even keep a single child safe?



"Oh, my..." Molly gasped. "How could they let this happen?"


"I don't know," Arthur answered quietly. "But I am going to talk to Dumbledore. Even though it is probably useless."


"What do you mean by that?"


"Well. If Death Eaters have taken him, he's most likely already dead," Arthur said sadly. "And I cannot think anyone other than Death Eaters who would want to abduct him."


"Oh, no... that dear boy... James and Lily's son..." Molly was on the brink of crying. "There has to be something we can do!"


"I sincerely hope so."
Sign up to rate and review this story