Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 05: Malfoy's Blunder

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-06 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 5359 words

2Original
Chapter 05: Malfoy's Blunder

Daphne, Theodore, Hermione, and Ginny looked at Harry in horror. Harry's eyes were glazed over, with a blank expression on his face. The Dementors had left the compartment due to Professor Lupin's efforts, but Harry still seemed to feel the effects of them.

Ginny was too busy shaking off the effects of the vague memories she had of her year under Tom's possession to help Harry. Thankfully Hermione was never one to lose her head in a crisis, as she decided to attempt to snap Harry out of his current state.

"Harry, Harry talk to me if you can hear me," said Hermione frantically but her friend did not respond.

"I don't understand, those things were horrible, but none of us were affected that badly," said Theodore.

Ginny looked at Harry in horror. She was brought out of her thoughts by a snapping sound. Ginny spun around but it was only Lupin breaking a slab of chocolate into pieces. Lupin handed the chocolate around.

"Here, chocolate helps counteract the effects of these creatures," said Lupin.

Harry came to his senses out of his trance when Lupin said the word "chocolate".

"Chocolate," said Harry numbly.

Ginny felt relief as Harry had came out of whatever happened to him. Harry reached forward, as Lupin handed him a piece of chocolate. Harry ate it right away.

"Much better," said Harry calmly although he could not shake off the fact that whatever those things were had caused him weakness. "What were those things anyway?"

"They’re called Dementors, they guard the Wizarding Prison Azkaban," explained Lupin. "They were looking for Sirius Black and Bellatrix Lestrange, Harry. Now if you excuse me, I need to go up and speak to the driver."

Lupin walked off as Harry wondered how he knew his name. Then again, a lot of people Harry never met knew his name. After all, he was Harry Potter, the Boy-Who-Lived, and a few people have heard of him.

"Those Dementors were quite horrid, weren't they?" said Hermione in a calm voice breaking the silence.

"Yeah, freezing up your insides, making you feel like you were never going to be happy again," said Daphne with a shudder.

Harry remained quiet. He believed the only reason he did not faint from the horrors those creatures brought forth to his mind is his mental abilities. They managed to block out part of the powers of the Dementors, but Harry's mental focus was not strong to break the complete blast of their power.

Looking over to Ginny, Harry saw she looked about as bad as he felt. He wondered if the Dementors dragged up some repressed memories from the ordeal with the Chamber of Secrets last year. Harry decided to wait for a couple of days, before asking Ginny about what happened with the Dementors. Everyone remained quiet for duration of the rest of the ride to Hogwarts.

The Dementors were angered beyond all belief. They sensed the mortal youth's connection with Slytherin, the foul mortal that trapped them in this infernal form. The werewolf stopped them from sucking the soul from the boy and making it look like an accident. The charm the werewolf used to repel them had been a diluted version of the spell that played in part in causing the Dementors to be enchanted in their current form and tied to that infernal relic that the Ministry of Magic used to make them serve them. The Dementors wanted to be free, to swipe as many souls as possible but as they had been degraded by the Ministry of Magic. As the Ministry possessed the artifact, the Ministry could force the Dementors to do their bidding.

They wondered what had become of their fallen leader, the head Demon Lord of the Realm of Darkness. A thousand years ago, Slytherin defeated their leader and trapped his essence within a temple just when he also created that foul Eye of Darkness crystal to keep the Dementors from breaking free into their true forms. Still, the foolish human did not know exactly what he did, as the creatures kept breeding due to their forms not being able to sustain the emotion they had sucked in causing their numbers to multiply. If the Eye of Darkness crystal were to ever be destroyed, many more types of their kind will exist than a thousand years ago, and this time, they would accomplish their goals of domination of this infernal realm.

Later that evening, everyone arrived at the school. Daphne, Theodore, Hermione, Ginny, and Harry walked up to the school where they saw Professor McGonagall looking around for. After about a minute her eyes rested on Harry and Hermione.

"Granger, Potter, I would like to have a quick word with you in my office," said McGonagall, calling both of them over.

"What did we do now?" whispered Harry to Hermione in a low voice.

Hermione looked as if she knew but she did not say anything. Ginny, Theodore, and Daphne looked at Harry and Hermione with a bit of a worried look.

"It's nothing to worry about you three," said McGonagall. "Just a quick word in my office. Weasley, Greengrass, Nott, you three move along now."

As usual, McGonagall's tone of voice left no room for argument. Harry and Hermione followed McGonagall up to her office.

"Potter, normally Professor Snape would take care of this matter as he is your head of house, but he is currently brewing a very complex potion that requires his full attention," said McGonagall. "So, I have decided to step in and ask you about something that happened on the train."

"What, Professor?" asked Harry.

"Potter, you are the student with the second highest grades in your year, so I know for a fact you aren’t stupid," said McGonagall, eyes narrowing. "Professor Lupin has come to me, saying you went into shock for a few moments on the train due to the effects of the Dementors."

"It's nothing, Professor," said Harry.

"Potter, going into shock, even for a short time is a very serious matter!" snapped McGonagall. "Now, are you all right?"

"Yes, I am," said Harry with a bit of irritation in his voice.

Just then Madam Pomfrey came bursting into McGonagall's office.

"I heard about a student going into shock on the train and you took him to your office, Minerva," said Pomfrey before spotting Harry. "I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see that student is you, Potter. What have you been doing this time?"

"It was a Dementor, Poppy," said McGonagall darkly.

"Yes, he won't be the first one to collapse, dreadful things those Dementors are, especially on people who are already fragile," said Pomfrey.

"I am not fragile!" snapped Harry but no one listened to him.

"What do you recommend Poppy?" asked McGonagall. "A stay in the hospital wing."

"Damn it, I said I was fine," said Harry.

"Five points from Slytherin for your colorful dialogue Potter," said McGonagall in a calm tone of voice.

"At the very least, he should have some chocolate," said Pomfrey.

"Professor Lupin gave everyone in that compartment some," said Harry quickly.

"It's about time, we have a Defense Against the Dark Arts Teacher who knows his remedies," said Pomfrey.

"Had to happen sooner or later, a competent teacher get hired by accident through after the last two years, I was giving up hope," said Harry.

"Potter, show respect for your former Professors," said McGonagall. "While he did have the minor drawback of You-Know-Who possessing him and that fake stutter, Professor Quirrell did have a decent understanding of his materials. Professor Lockhart...okay, Potter, you win on that one."

Harry just sat there, wondering if anyone had ever won an argument with McGonagall before. After a moment, he spoke up.

"May I go please?" asked Harry in an agitated voice.

"If you are feeling well Potter, then yes you may wait outside while Miss Granger and I discuss her unique course schedule for the year," said McGonagall, dismissing him with a wave of his hand.

Harry stepped outside, waiting for a few minutes. Hermione walked out of McGonagall's office, looking pleased about something. McGonagall followed and the three walked down to the feast.

Harry joined Daphne, Theodore, and Ginny at the Slytherin Table when a reluctant Hermione sat herself down at the Gryffindor Table. It seemed like McGonagall requested for Hermione to join her Gryffindor housemates, to promote house unity. Of course, Harry felt the house system was the furthest thing from promoting unity period. All it promoted was unrest, as the slander Harry suffered last year proved.

After the Feast, Dumbledore rose to his feet. Harry attempted to keep his expression neutral as he looked at the old man, but he found himself biting his tongue, preventing himself from saying a few scathing words to the Headmaster.

"May I have your attention please?" asked Dumbledore rhetorically before speaking. "On this night, I would like to announce two new staff appointments. The first of which, is the ever popular Defense Against the Dark Arts position. Professor Remus Lupin has consented to fill the position left by the unfortunate departure of Professor Lockhart last year."

Ginny and Harry exchanged dark looks, as they both knew Lockhart's departure was not all that unfortunate. A round of light, polite applause was heard, loudest of all from the five that had been in the compartment with Professor Lupin.

"Thank you, I am sure Professor Lupin should do a job fitting of his talents," said Dumbledore. "Now the second appointment I would like to announce is that of the new Care of Magical Creatures teacher. Last year, Professor Kettleburn retired to spend more time with his remaining limbs, so without further ado, allow me to introduce the new Care of Magical Creatures Teachers, Rubeus Hagrid."

A louder applause than Lupin breaks out as Hagrid looks on, beaming at the students of Hogwarts.

"Should have known, who else would have assigned a biting book," said Daphne, referring to the /Monster Book of Monsters/, the course book for Care of Magical Creatures. The book seemed to have a tendency to bite any who touched it.

"Yes, that does fit Hagrid's style," agreed Theodore.

Harry just nodded, clapping along with the rest. With his defeat of the Basilisk in the Chamber of Secrets, Harry cleared Hagrid's name of any wrong doing last year. That memory of course brought Harry's thoughts around to Lord Voldemort. Harry hoped he would never see Voldemort ever again, as the last two meetings with Voldemort nearly caused Harry's life to be short lived.

"Now, I must address a very grave matter," said Dumbledore grimly. "Hogwarts is to play host this year to some guests from the Wizarding prison Azkaban. As you may have heard, Bellatrix Lestrange and Sirius Black escaped over the summer. As a result, a few dozen Dementors on loan from Azkaban will ensure they cannot bring harm to anyone in the school. I must stress the fact that you will not run afoul of these creatures. Your time will be short lived if you attempt to fool a Dementor. They have no mercy for anyone or anything; all they thrive of is draining the emotion from others. I assure you that as long as you are within these walls, you will be quite safe."

Harry was not going to touch that last statement with a fifty-foot pole; the last two years had been proof against Dumbledore's words. For being called the safest place in the world, Hogwarts, the last two years had not only put Harry in danger, but his friends and countless innocent students with two different forms of Lord Voldemort running unchecked in the school. Also, when Dumbledore mentioned Lestrange's name, Harry could have sworn he saw a brief look of hatred flash across Neville Longbottom's face that was completely uncharacteristic of the usually calm, quiet boy. Harry wondered what that was all about but decided to not think about it anymore. It was probably nothing that concerned him anyway.

Similar thoughts were running through Ginny's mind and she had to fight with every bit of her patience to not scream and rant at Dumbledore for blatantly lying. She saw Harry giving her a warning look and shook his head at her.

The next day, during Breakfast, the new course schedules were passed out. Harry looked at his.

"Excellent, it appears we will be starting some new subjects today," said Harry.

"Delightful," said Daphne sarcastically before looking at her own course schedule. "Study of Ancient Runes is first period for third year Slytherins, Ravenclaws, and miscellaneous."

"Miscellaneous, what could that possibly be?" asked Theodore.

"Me," said Hermione who had just joined her friends at the table. "I seem to be the only Gryffindor taking that course as the rest are taking the bare minimum of two classes."

The three looked at Hermione's schedule but unless Harry's eyes were deceiving him, he appeared to be seeing a misprint.

"Hermione, you’re attending both Divination and Study of Ancient Runes at the same time," said Harry. "You must tell me how you are going to manage attending two classes at once."

"Don't be ridiculous Harry, I won't be attending two classes at once," said Hermione.

"Hermione, that schedule distinctly says Divination and Study of Ancient Runes in the same period," said Daphne.

"I am aware of what the schedule says, Daphne," said Hermione. "I do know how to read you know. Don't worry, Professor McGonagall arranged it so I can attend all my classes."

"I knew it, McGonagall has a time machine in her office," said Harry jokingly. "I knew there was a reason why she is always why she always seems to be in the right place at the wrong time."

Hermione turned to her schedule, hiding herself wincing. Her friend came close to hitting how she was going to attend two classes at once.

"No, Hermione, seriously, how are managing attending two classes?" prodded Harry.

Hermione felt relieved, Harry was not being serious when he was talking about McGonagall having a time machine in her office.

"Look at the time, we better get off to Study of Ancient Runes, we don't want to be late," said Hermione.

"Talk about evading the subject," said Theodore in a low tone of voice to Daphne as the four third years set off to Study of Ancient Runes and Ginny set off to her first period Potions class.

The third years entered Study of Ancient Runes. The classroom had stones with runes carved into it, indicating different concepts either magical or otherwise. Thankfully, Malfoy and his goons had not taken the class; the only third year to take the class besides Daphne, Theodore, and Harry was Blaise Zabini. A few moments after everyone had settled in, a man who appeared to be in his sixties with gray hair with thick glasses entered the room.

"Welcome to Study of Ancient Runes, the class where we study Ancient Runes, as you could probably guess from the title of this class," said the Professor. "My name is Professor Reginald Johnson, Professor Johnson to you and I will be instructing you for at least the next three years, perhaps longer should you pass your Ordinary Wizarding Levels."

Professor Johnson paced around, doing call roll. He did the mandatory glance to Harry Potter's forehead, looking at his scar.

"Right, you all appear to be all present and accounted for," said Professor Johnson. "First, I hate to sound like that twit Lockhart but I will tell you a little bit about my past. I was chosen to be an Unspeakable for the Department of Mysteries for thirty years of my life, before coming to teach this class nine years ago when the old Professor retired. I have encountered many odd Runes throughout my time in the Department of Mysteries. In this class, you will learn what different runes mean and runes can even be placed on a person. For example, blocks on someone's magical core, memory charms, or putting a massive block on his or her entire subsection of memories all together. These three leave faint traces on the person's magical core in the form of a rune."

Johnson paced around the classroom, as the Ravenclaws, the Slytherins, and Hermione took notes, taking in every word that he said.

"I have given you a brief course description on this day but now as it is only the first day, you will have a free period, as I always hated working on the first day when I was a student, and I would be awfully hypocritical to make you do the same thing," said Johnson. "Next week, we will pick up with some of the most common Runes. No homework as well. Good day to you all."

Everyone in the class looked happy at the thought of no homework, with the exception of Hermione who looked rather disappointed.

After the class, Daphne, Theodore, Harry, and Hermione were walking from class to lunch.

"Study of Ancient Runes sounds like an interesting class from what little we heard today," said Harry.

"I would have to agree, plus being taught by a former Unspeakable," said Daphne.

"Yep, impressive, as that’s not a job you can just go out and apply for," added Theodore. "The Department of Mysteries chooses people to work there, but people cannot just choose to work there."

"All the different, obscure branches of magic, studied in secret deep below the Ministry," said Daphne. "I heard the Minister of Magic does not even know what is going down in the Department of Mysteries. Then again, I’m surprised Fudge knows how to write his own name with half of the decisions he makes."

"Like setting Dementors around a school," said Harry with a shiver. "Right, Hermione."

No answer, Hermione was not there.

"She was just here a minute ago, wasn't she?" asked Harry.

"Yes, she was Harry, I wonder what happened to her," said Daphne.

The three walked forward for a little bit more before seeing Hermione in front of them, having an agitated woman on that face.

"That stupid woman, does not know a crystal ball from her head, predicting my inevitable demise," said Hermione in an agitated voice before seeing Daphne, Theodore, and Harry. "Hello, you three, nice to see you. Divination class was a nightmare, that woman who teaches in Professor Trelawney, predicted my death. She said I would fall victim to a grisly fate by being aligned with the one that was marked by the darkness. What rubbish! Now, as I got that rant out of the way, let’s go eat lunch, shall we.”

"I think we missed something," said Daphne in a confused voice as her, Harry, and Theodore followed Hermione to lunch. "Since when did she have time to have Divination and get her death predicted?"

"Search me," said Theodore in a confused tone of voice.

The four third years sat down on the Slytherin Table where Ginny and a blonde haired Ravenclaw girl who Harry did not know joined them a short time later.

"Hello, Harry, Daphne, Theodore, Hermione," said Ginny before turning to the Ravenclaw. "This is Luna Lovegood, her and I were friends ages ago, but we kind of lost touch about a year before when went to Hogwarts. She wanted to talk to me last year but she had already been harassed by her fellow dormitory members and she did not want any more trouble by associating with someone who was friends with Harry when he was declared the plague of the Wizarding World by the general public."

"Hello, Luna, nice to meet you," said Harry, nodding his head.

"Thank you, Harry," said Luna. "I must say it was a shock to see you in Slytherin but it made sense. I myself wanted to be in Slytherin but the hat seemed to want to put me in Gryffindor so we settled on a compromise, putting me in Ravenclaw. But, I have a question to ask you. What is it like being raised by the mysterious Mutant Turtle creatures that live in the New York sewers?"

Harry spat out his drink at this little question and Ginny looked at Luna curiously before looking at Harry. Harry had promised to tell Ginny the whole truth about his family tonight, even taking her to the Room of Requirement to have them meet them. Harry thanked his lucky stars hardly anyone else was at Lunch to hear about this.

"Luna, what exactly are you talking about?" asked Hermione, attempting to save Harry from an awkward situation.

"You know, the famous Turtle creatures, they have been featured in the Quibbler many times. My father, who is the editor, heard about them from several reliable sources," said Luna. "They are said to be a top secret project of the American Wizarding Government Branch of the Department of Mysteries but something did not go quite right, so they were set free, with the only stipulation being that they helped bring Muggle criminals to justice. It's sad no one seems to take the Quibbler serious, there loss, otherwise more people will know of these fine Turtles' heroic efforts."

Harry looked at Luna who was waiting for his answer and then to Ginny, who apparently was starting to get a little bit too curious for her own good.

"Luna, Ginny, I would like to talk to you both, in private," said Harry in a low tone of voice.

The two second year students stood up, following Harry out of the Great Hall, into a corridor.

"Luna, Ginny, you two have accidentally learned something that should be kept a secret," said Harry. "I am afraid there is only one thing I must do."

"You are going to modify our memories, Harry," said Luna as if she was discussing the weather.

"No, nothing of the sort, why would you think that?" asked Harry.

"Well, the Quibbler had an article about how the vengeful spirit of Gilderoy Lockhart was going to possess you and go on a rampage, erasing the memories of everyone in the Wizarding world," replied Luna as if this wasn’t a concern at all.

"Luna, Lockhart isn't dead," said Ginny before adding "Unfortunately" underneath her breath.

"I'll take you two to see them, if you promise to get your father to stop writing articles about them, Luna," said Harry.

"Okay, Harry," said Luna nonchalantly. "I'll promise to try to get him to stop writing the articles but I will be surprised if he does, as the issues with features on the Turtles are big best sellers. I'll take you up on your offer to meet them."

Ginny nodded in agreement, wondering exactly if Luna was telling another one of her stories and Harry was just humoring her, or something else was up. Harry rolled his eyes in amusement. He could not imagine his brothers being famous, known around the world, known by millions but then again, stranger things have happened in the world. Hagrid, with his fascination for dangerous creatures, had become Care of Magical Creatures Teacher. Not that Harry had anything against this; it was just that Hagrid's beliefs on what made a creature dangerous tended to be different than the sane person's.

Harry, Daphne, Theodore, and Hermione went down to Care of Magical Creatures. To Harry's utter disdain, Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle had elected to take this class. Ron Weasley looked up at Harry, giving him a brief nod of acknowledgement. The two had come to an understanding there would coexist at the end of Harry's second year.

"Hello, everyone, welcome to Care O' Magical Creatures," said the booming voice of Hagrid. "Now, I want ya to all open yer books..."

"How?" asked the pompous voice of Draco Malfoy.

"Excuse me?" asked Hagrid.

"How do we open these books?” asked Malfoy with a sneer. "You assign these bloody books that try to rip our hands off when we touch them and you don't even tell us how to open them."

Hagrid looked at Malfoy before gazing upon the rest of the class with a dumbstruck look on his face.

"No one has been able ter open their books," said Hagrid looking around.

Everyone in the class shook their heads. Hagrid took a moment to collect his thoughts.

"It's easy, ya got to stroke them," said Hagrid before taking Hermione's book, ripping the tape off of it. "See."

The book growled but Hagrid ran his fingers across the spine. The book gave a shiver before falling flat. The other members of the class imitated Hagrid's behavior although Malfoy gave the Gamekeeper a dirty look. Hagrid looked bothered and turned to Harry.

"I thought they were funny," said Hagrid uncertainly.

Harry gave a sigh before turning to bail his biggest friend out.

"Well, they were kind of amusing," said Harry in a forced tone of voice.

"Real witty, attempting to rip my hand off," said Malfoy sarcastically.

"If it's your hand, Malfoy, then yes it’s real witty," commented Harry in a bored tone of voice.

"Okay, ya all got yer books, now all ya need are the Magical Creatures," said Hagrid. "Follow me."

The Gryffindors and the Slytherins followed Hagrid. For a moment, Harry thought Hagrid was leading them towards the Forbidden Forest. Harry went in that place of horrors twice and that was more than enough. However, Hagrid had the class stopped at a paddock, which had some winged creatures that resembled a cross between a giant eagle and horse.

"Oooh!" exclaimed a third year Gryffindor girl named Lavender Brown, gazing upon the creatures.

"Hippogriffs," said Hagrid proudly. "Fine creatures these are, but very proud, extremely proud. Don't want to insult a Hippogriff as it will be the last thin' ya ever do."

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle were in conversation. Draco wanted to get this big oaf sacked and this was a great opportunity to do so if Draco could get one of the Hippogriffs to savage him. Surely the oaf would be out of Hogwarts for good.

"Alright, which of ya wants to go first," said Hagrid.

None of the class wanted to do it. Harry sighed; someone had to be the volunteer. Harry stepped forward.

"Good man, Harry," said Hagrid proudly. "Let's see how you get along with Buckbeak here."

Harry walked forward as Hagrid let Buckbeak out of the paddock.

"Now, ya got to maintain eye contact, Harry, as Hippogriffs don't trust ya if you blink," said Hagrid "Now, you need to bow, that's it."

Harry bowed, his eyes watering from lack of blinking. The Hippogriff remained unmoving, staring at Harry with a dangerous glare.

"Ah, back off Harry, don't want to..." started Hagrid before Buckbeak sank to his knees in a bow. Hagrid looked pleased at this fact. "Good job, Harry, now ya can go and pat his beak."

Harry walked forward cautiously, patting the creature on the beak. He expected an outburst but Buckbeak lazily shut his eyes, enjoying the patting on the peak.

"I think he might let ya right him now, Harry," said Hagrid.

Harry looked at Buckbeak. This should be an experience, Harry believed. Hagrid helped Harry onto Buckbeak, before giving him some final instructions.

"Now be sure ter not pull out his feathers Harry, he won't like that," said Hagrid before slapping the Hippogriff on the backside. "Now be off with ya."

Buckbeak rose into the air, flying around the air, doing a lap around the air. This was rather fun, flying around in the open air like this. Harry looked around. He had to say it, he tried to fight it, but he just had to say it. This situation demanded he would say it.

"Cowabunga!" yelled Harry as Buckbeak began to touch down on the ground.

"Cowabunga?" said Malfoy turning his nose up in disgust while Crabbe and Goyle stood folding their arms attempting to look meancing.

Harry got off Buckbeak as the Gryffindors, Daphne, and Theodore cheered him for braving the hippogriff.

"Thank you, you are too kind," said Harry.

"Potter, that was pathetic, I can do better," said Malfoy before walking over to Buckbeak and bowing. The beast bowed before him. "See, anyone can do it, Potter. After all, this thing is nothing but a great big ugly brute, does not have enough brain cells to see who it is bowing too..."

Buckbeak reared up into the air angrily, slashing Malfoy on the arm. Malfoy fell back, blood squirting from his arm, moaning in pain. In his little plot, Draco appeared to get a little more than he bargained for.

"I'm hurt, it's killed me, I'm dying," said Malfoy dramatically.

"Yer not dying!" cried Hagrid frantically, his first class not going as he had planned. "Listen up, I’m going to take him to the hospital wing."

Hagrid scooped up Malfoy, taking him to the hospital wing. Malfoy acted like he was starting to go limp in Hagrid's arms.

"Malfoy, trust him to ruin everything," said Daphne angrily. "I didn't even get a chance to ride the Hippogriff."

Daphne, Theodore, Harry, and Hermione walked off into the castle, cursing Malfoy's very existence. They ruined Hagrid's first lesson and they had a funny feeling the Gamekeeper may be losing his confidence after what Malfoy pulled in his class.

Later that night, Harry took Ginny and Luna up to meet his family. Theodore and Daphne looked like they would want to join them but Hermione dragged them along to visit Hagrid. Harry promised they could meet them on another night.

Luna, Ginny, and Harry arrived outside the Room of Requirement. Harry stopped, turning to the two girls.

"Now listen you two, I must warn you before we do this, my family is extremely unique," said Harry. "So, please do not scream, yell, or freak out."

"Harry, how bad they possibly be, even through it is a bit of a shock they are actually here at Hogwarts?" said Ginny. "I wonder why they are here, unless it had something to do with that attack."

"Oh because of the Shredder," said Luna and Ginny did a double take as she looked at Luna. "You know, Oroku Saki, he is trying to take over all of the bakeries in New York. My father wrote an article about it in the Quibbler last spring and how the Turtles were trying to stop him."

Ginny looked at Luna in amazement. She had just mentioned Turtles again. Why would Harry be raised by Turtles, they normally were in a glass bowl and did not have any powers of speech, so surely they could not raise a small boy? Ginny decided to brush it off as another one of her eccentric friend's tales.

"Luna, you know way too much for your own good," said Harry shaking his head. "Come on, let's get this over with."

Harry opened up the door of the makeshift lair. Ginny and Luna entered the lair as the Turtles and Splinter were just finishing an intense round of training.

Ginny's eyes went as wide as saucers. Four giant turtles and a giant rat, she could not believe what she was seeing. As much as she hated to admit it, after last year’s episode with Tom and the diary, she could not mentally handle any more shocks for a few more months.

"Hello, Harry," said Mikey. "You must introduce you to your two friends."

"This is my friend Ginny Weasley, you know the one I have told you about a lot, and her friend, Luna Lovegood," said Harry.

"Hello, Luna, Ginny," said Leo.

"Pleased to meet you," said Luna as if nothing was wrong at all but the fact that the turtles talked seemed to be a bit too much for Ginny to handle in her present mental state.

Harry heard a thud. He whipped around and saw Ginny was lying on the ground at the sight of his family, not to mention the fact they talked.

"Nice going Leo, you killed her," said Harry.

"No actually, I think she just fainted," said Luna calmly.
Sign up to rate and review this story