Categories > Books > Harry Potter > Heart of the Warrior Book III

Chapter 17: The Hunt is On

by madnesspersonified 0 reviews

Ninja Turtles 2003/Harry Potter crossover. Read Books I and II first. Harry encounters more trouble in the form of the most dangerous prisoner Azkaban has ever held, Sirius Black. More complete sum...

Category: Harry Potter - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Crossover,Sci-fi - Characters: Bellatrix,Ginny,Harry,Hermione,Lupin,Sirius - Warnings: [!!] [V] [?] - Published: 2006-11-07 - Updated: 2008-04-10 - 4207 words

2Original
Chapter Seventeen: The Hunt is On

It was Friday Morning and Harry Potter was about ready to join his friends for Breakfast. Harry gazed outside for a minute, there seemed to be clouds forming in the air and it looked to be a murky day. In fact this day appeared to be a day where something could go horribly wrong.

Harry quickly brushed those thoughts out of his mind. He could be paranoid of course. Harry sat himself down at the Slytherin Table next to Ginny, with Theodore and Daphne opposite him.

"Where’s Hermione anyway?" asked Harry.

"She hasn't been here all morning," answered Daphne. "She must have overslept or something."

"With all those classes, I wouldn't be surprised," said Theodore darkly. "Still haven't figured out how she has managed it."

Before Harry could say anything, a group of a half a dozen gruff middle-aged men entered the Great Hall. Their leader wielded a large executioner's axe.

"Gentlemen, spread out, search all of Hogwarts," ordered the leader. "Split up into two teams and be ready for anything. Tranquilizer spells at the ready, I want these creatures for my trophy room. They could be dangerous, so make sure you hit them with everything you got, but I want them mostly in one piece. Now move."

The Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures spread out as Ginny turned to Harry.

"I wonder why they’re here, it is almost like they were after something," asked Ginny with a frown.

"I have a theory," replied Harry, praying against all hope he was wrong. "Excuse me, I have to make a mirror call."

Harry stepped out of the Great Hall, managing to put silencing spells on the doorway he left before pulling out his mirror.

"Michelangelo," said Harry to the mirror.

"Harry, what is it," said Mikey sleepily from the other side. "I just woke up a minute ago, let me..."

"Mikey, did you by any chance leave the Room of Requirement and accidentally be seen?" questioned Harry attempting to keep his voice calm.

"Uh, Harry, don't you have to, you know, eat Breakfast," said Mikey in a fake cheerful voice. "After all, it is the most important meal of the day."

"Answer the question, Michelangelo!" snapped Harry in a rough voice.

Mikey winced but decided the best course of action was to tell the truth.

"Okay, Harry. Raph, Don, and I needed some fresh air, so we decided to go out of the Room of Requirement to take a little stroll," said Mikey nervously.

"Continue," said Harry emotionlessly.

"Leo, overheard our plans, decided to go out and stop us, giving us a big lecture about how we should not get ourselves seen and how our recklessness would get us sold to some government lab for genetic testing," continued Mikey. "Then, we heard someone coming and we hid ourselves. Leo saw the person, panicked, and drew his katanas out. This caused the person to run away while screaming like a little girl."

"Did you see what the person looked like?" asked Harry.

"Oh, he was this blond looking kid, he looked a bit like a ferret in the face to be truthful," responded Mikey.

"Malfoy!" hissed Harry in a deadly voice. "Now, Mikey, listen to me and listen to me good. There are a bunch of members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures coming after you..."

"But we're not magical!" whined Mikey.

"You think that matters to them," hissed Harry in a low tone of voice. "You need to find a way out of the school and into the Forbidden Forest at the edge of the school. I have class this morning and under normal circumstances, I'd be able to help you but I can't allow Dumbledore to connect me with dangerous creatures, because as manipulative as he is, he is also extremely intelligent and would figure out it would be you guys."

"Wait a minute, Forbidden Forest," said Mikey. "Isn't that the place with the crazy giant spiders and the werewolves and the..."

"Mikey, it's probably not as bad as it is during the day then it is had night," said Harry, shuddering at his two trips into the Forest. "Now, they’re searching the school, I am confident you can find a way out of there. I will meet you in the Forest after Quidditch Practice tonight to get you off the school grounds."

"Gotcha, Harry," said Mikey before letting Harry off the mirror.

Mikey left his room. Looking around, there seemed to be no one up. So, Mikey, being Mikey, decided it was time to take drastic measures to get his family up and out of bed.

"Everyone get out of bed!" screamed Mikey in his loudest voice. "Crazy Ministry Employees are after us, attempting to kill us. Everyone come on, this is not a joke, this is not a joke! Rise and shine!"

The other three Turtles and Splinter left their rooms, looking rather tired.

"What are you blathering about Mikey?" demanded Raph in a rough voice.

"We need to get out of here, now," said Mikey. "It seems like that Malfoy kid alerted the Ministry of Magic and now they brought some of their crazy whacked out monster hunter type people to bring us in."

"Well, the turtle has been let out of the aquarium apparently," remarked Don darkly.

"We need to find a way to get out of the castle, my sons," said Splinter. "We will discuss your tendency to get in trouble, later, but right now we need to depart."

"Harry suggested we should go to the forest outside of the castle," said Mikey.

"That suggestion has merit, we could hide in the forest until this blows over," agreed Leo. "Come on, let's go."

The Four Turtles and Splinter started to leave the Room of Requirement. Thankfully, there was no one in the corridor at the moment, so they could slip away. They managed to duck behind suits of armor every little bit, to make sure that there was no one coming. Eventually they reached a stairway.

"Head for the stairs, quickly," said Master Splinter. "I sense at the bottom of them there is a window we can exit from."

Don, Raph, Mikey, Leo, and Master Splinter made a movement for the stairs but they were stopped by voices along with footsteps coming up the stairs.

"MacNair told us to look up here, this is the corridor where the Malfoy boy saw the turtle creature, so they could still very well be in the general area," said one of the voices.

"That shoots that plan right in the foot," muttered Raph, pulling his Sais out, ready for a fight.

"Raphael, do try and avoid a fight unless absolutely necessary," said Leo in an exasperated voice, knowing it would take just one little thing to set his brother off.

Mikey felt the urge to sneeze suddenly. Despite his attempts to fight it, it only made it worse.

"Ah-Choo," sneezed Mikey, knocking over a suit of armor in the process.

"Way to go, Michelangelo," said Raph sarcastically.

The two members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures who were on the stairs rushed up them to investigate the source of the disturbance. That corridor was not normally used by students, which meant there was someone up here that shouldn't be.

"We have to get out of here," said Don as the four Turtles and Splinter ran off but were stopped by Draco Malfoy.

"So, there were more than one of you, and a giant rat as well," said Draco in a triumphant voice. "I knew skiving off class and coming up here was beneficial. It would give me great pleasure to see you executed. Perhaps I can persuade the Ministry to let me keep one of you stuffed as a memory of this great day."

"Out of the way!" snapped Raph angrily, lifting Draco up, before throwing him across the corridor. Malfoy landed flat on his face, no doubt breaking his nose. Raph personally felt he let the little punk off easy.

"You dare touch me," said Malfoy angrily. "I, Draco Malfoy, the heir of the pure blooded and noble Malfoy family."

"Let's go," said Leo anxiously as the two members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures were in pursuit for them.

"They went that way!" cried Malfoy. "Don't let them get away, I want their heads for besmirching my good name by putting their slimy reptilian hands on me."

The two members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical creatures followed, the Turtles and Splinter, their wands raised in the air.

"Subdue them," grunted one of the men.

"Spiculum!" cried the second of the men, sending a dozen sharp pointed arrows towards the Turtles and Splinter.

"Watch it, low bridge," said Mikey, as Mikey, Raph, and Splinter threw themselves on the ground while Don and Leo jumped out of the way, allowing the arrows to fly safely away from them.

The Ministry members managed to shoot out a window, causing shards of broken glass to fly everywhere.

"Those clowns have just given us an escape route!" cried Raph spotting the window with all the glass blown out of him behind him. "Come on, this way."

The Turtles and Splinter leaped out the window, not knowing where it would take them. Don found it rather unnerving how easy it was to blow out a window in what was supposed to be one of the safest places on earth and wondered if they could get out this easily, perhaps someone with evil intentions could find a way in easily.

"Inform MacNair that managed to escape," said one of the gruff looking middle-aged members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures.

On the grounds, MacNair growled in frustration, it appeared he would have to take a hands on approach to this mission. He pulled out his axe, running his finger down the handle of his weapon fondly. Those Turtles would be his most prized capture yet and adding in an apparent giant rat, this would be one of the best days in MacNair's life.

His subordinates surrounded him, waiting for orders.

"Search the grounds, those meddlesome reptiles and that rodent could not have gotten far," growled MacNair. "Bring them to me, I wish to finish them off, personally."

Don, Raph, Mikey, Leo, and Splinter had managed to brace themselves from the long drop out of the window for Hogwarts, but they were a little shaken up.

"The forest is right there," said Leo pointing with his katana. "Now could we please get there without attracting any trouble?"

Raph, Don, and Mikey gave Leo incredulous looks, as if he was asking for too much for them not to attract any trouble.

"Right, what was I thinking?" asked Leo, shaking his head in frustration.

"In any event, we need to get to the Forest so we can conceal ourselves," said Splinter. "Stay alert and be ready for anything, my sons."

The four Turtles and Master Splinter scurried off towards the Forbidden Forest and nearly made it without a hitch. Unfortunately for them, one of the members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures saw their shadows as they disappeared into the Forest. The man raised his wand, sending up sparks to notify MacNair of the presence of the four turtle half-breeds and the half-breed rat.

The Turtles entered the forest, weapons at the ready just in case there was any trouble. Harry told them the Forest was creepier at night but it was still dark and spooky during the day.

Splinter sniffed at the air, before pointing towards a path.

"This way my sons," said Splinter. "Come, quickly, before something comes after us."

Little did the Turtles and Splinter know, a very familiar three headed dog, who had taken up residence in the forest after the Philosopher’s Stone debacle, had overheard them. Fluffy curiously followed the sound of the voices, maybe hoping for a quick meal.

The three-headed dog gave a predatory growl. Breakfast would be served shortly.

"The Turtles went into the Forest," said one of MacNair's subordinates.

"Very good, we will nab them," said MacNair. "Kill any that stands in our way, as this Forest is filled with such loathsome creatures who deserve to be put down."

MacNair pointed forward, leading his fellow members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical creatures forth, as the hunt continued.

The Turtles and Splinter stopped in a wooded area.

"I think we went deep enough to shake them off," said Leo. "Still, be ready to move at a moment's notice."

Splinter nodded but then stopped for a growling sound. Raph looked around, his Sais drawn out.

"Now what?" said Raph angrily. "More people wanting to pick a fight with us."

Mikey's eyes went wide as he saw what was standing behind Raph. It had three heads and was growling.

"Uh, Raph, I think you better turn around," said Mikey.

Raph spun around, seeing a three headed dog slobbering at the mouth, before springing forward, pinning Raph to the ground.

Don sighed before springing up, and kicked the dog in one of the heads. This did not deter the dog as it grabbed Donatello's Bo staff in one of its jaws, yanking on it.

"Down boy," said Don before managing to pick up a tree branch that had fallen and throwing it. "Now fetch."

Despite having three heads, the dog-like urge of fetching sticks had overwhelmed Fluffy. Fluffy let go of the Bo staff and bounded off happily, going after the tree branch.

"That was way too close," said Leo, brushing his forehead with his hand. "We need to go further, get out of here."

"Forget it, turtle, you’re not going anywhere," growled a tough voice.

MacNair and his subordinates had reached the place where the Turtles and Master Splinter had taken refuge. MacNair raised his axe in the air, with a primal scream before bringing it down where Mikey was. Mikey expertly jumped out of the way, causing the axe to get implanted into the tree. Donatello leaped up, swinging his Bo staff before bringing it down on MacNair's back. MacNair stumbled before whipping out his wand and pointing to towards the Turtles and Splinter.

"Necto!" screamed MacNair, shooting a chain out of his wand, attempting to wrap it around Don but Don rolled out of the way, causing the chain to wrap around the tree. Leonardo leapt into the air, slicing the chain, causing MacNair to clumsily stumble back. The Turtles then grabbed onto the chain, yanking it, which cause the tree to rip free.

"Scatter!" yelled one of MacNair's subordinates, as the tree came crashing down. Unfortunately for the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures, they were down a member on that day as the tree managed to crush one of the men brought in for the job, ripping him in half and killing him instantly. Blood sprayed everywhere, drenching anyone close enough to the victim when he was destroyed.

"This way," said Master Splinter in a commanding tone of voice.

The Turtles and Splinter managed to walk off as MacNair pulled his axe out of the ground.

"One of my men killed by those creatures," grunted MacNair. "Ah well, not much of a loss, I suspect he was useless if he managed to get himself killed.”

The Turtles and Splinter were running through the Forest with the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures members after them.

"They're right behind us!" cried Mikey as a spell narrowly missed hitting him in the back of the head.

"Split up, meet back at the edge of the Forest after we have taken care of these people," said Splinter. "Stay alert and be careful."

The five split up as the five remaining members of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures followed them.

"Do not lose them," said MacNair. "Split up, I want their hides, do you understand me?"

Everyone split up, taking a path taken by each of the five creatures. The Ministry could ill afford another failure, so they needed to capture the creatures, no matter what the cost was.

Leo could tell one of the men were near so he ducked behind a tree, ready for action.

"Come out and play," said the member of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures, waving his wand before wordlessly conjuring a spear. "Come out you effin' freak so I can gut you like a fish."

The man twirled his spear, ready for action but Leonardo whipped from behind the tree, confusing the oaf.

"What the..." said the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures member before Leo came out flying, cutting the spear in half before kicking him in the hand to causing his wand to fly out of his hand.

The oaf gave a yell, before picking up a tree branch, attempting to swing it but Leo propelled himself up into the air with his katana in hand, cutting a vine from the tree before wrapping it around the feet of his stalker. Leo then pulled up the man, leaving him hanging upside down by the tree.

"Nice of you to hang around," replied Leo before walking off. He knew it could be a while before the oaf found a way to cut himself down but Leo did not want to take any chances.

Raph looked around, he was kind of hoping his attacker would catch up to him, as he enjoyed a good fight. Sure enough, Raph's pursuer came after him, wand raised in the air.

"Reducto!" cried the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures member but Raph quickly ducked to the side, causing a piece of rock to be blown into pieces.

Raph lifted up one of the blown off chunks of rock, throwing it at the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures worker. The impact knocked the worker’s wand out of his hand and also had the impact of broking his hand. Raph pulled himself up before grabbing his attacker around the neck pushing down on the pressure points causing the man to seep into dreamland.

Splinter walked through the forest, walking stick at the ready, as his foe was near him. The rat master ducked behind a tree, waiting his foe to close in. The member of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures looked around, his hand raised in the air. Without warning, Splinter tripped on the man with his walking stick. The man fell face first into a puddle of mud in the forest. He angrily sprang up, pointing his wand at the rat.

"Incendio!" cried the attacker but Master Splinter managed to move and the jet of fire flew out of Splinter's way, managing to burn part of a tree into cinders.

Splinter decked his attacker with a kick before he brought his walking stick up into the air. The stick cracked over the head of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures' head, causing him to crash down to the forest floor, severely injured from the trauma of the stick smashed into his head. His attacker indisposed, Splinter walked off, preparing to meet up with his sons.

Mikey looked over his shoulder. It seemed his attacker was relentless and would not let up until one of them was knocked out. Mikey pulled out his nunchucks, ready for a fight. A sinister jet of purple light flew towards Mikey. The turtle rolled out of the way, causing the jet to fly off into the distance harmlessly.

"Turtle, you are going down this time," said the man perusing him before raising his wand in the air. "Jaculum Toxicum."

Three darts shot out of the wand, all three of them poisonous, Mikey leapt into the air to avoid. Seconds later he swung his nunchucks, batting the darts back towards his attacker. Mikey rolled on the ground but tripped as the attacker prepared to do another spell. The turtle was not able to get up in time as the attacker moved forward, raising his wand above his head.

"Any last words, Turtle?" asked the attacker.

Mikey looked up and saw the three-headed dog was back, growling.

"You know, if I was you, I'd look behind you," said Michelangelo.

"You really think I am that stupid, falling for that trick," said the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Creatures member.

"Don't say I didn't warn you," said Mikey.

"Diff.." started the member of the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical Creatures but he never finished as Fluffy decided to take the arm as a chew toy, yanking on it, giving Mikey time to slip off.

Mikey decided to scamper off as he heard a blood-curdling shriek before a sinister ripping sound. The turtle did not want to even know what was going on behind him; he just scurried off, not looking back.

MacNair was looking for his prey, axe in hand. He had uttermost confidence he would be able to capture this turtle creature and his men would return with the others along with the rat very shortly. The executioner raised his axe into the air, before feeling a stick hit him in the back. MacNair spun around, swinging his axe wildly but something smacked him in the back. The man spun around again, it was apparent he was being toyed with.

Don sprinted away from the area where the executioner was, in an attempt to outsmart him and cause him to think twice about hunting his brothers and Master Splinter. Looking at the man, Don believed it would not be as hard as it seemed.

"Come out and show yourself like a man, you turtle half breed thing," said MacNair, preparing to raise his axe in the air but a shadowed figure rolled into the distance and pulled the axe out of his hand. "What the..."

MacNair watched in horror as his prized possession was thrown into the air before being broken in half.

"That's it, I will destroy you, whatever you are," said MacNair. "Reducto! Incendio! Crucio! Expello!"

No matter how many spells MacNair shot, he could not get close to his target. He heard something leap into the air before getting cracked in the back of the leg. He fell to one knee, his leg shattered from the impact.

"Argh," grunted MacNair before he felt a green fist sailing towards his face, smashing into it.

"Sleep tight, big guy," remarked Don as MacNair hit the ground, knocked out from the blow.

Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle looked smug on the grounds. Soon, those turtles and the rat would be brought from the forest, dead by the Department of the Disposal of Dangerous Magical creatures.

Harry walked out of the school, after a long hard day of classes, but Quidditch Practice loomed in the horizon. The finals between Ravenclaw and Slytherin were only a few weeks away.

"Potter, what perfect timing, you’re about to see my supreme moment of triumph," said Malfoy. "Right about now, the creatures that assaulted me should be coming out of the Forest, dead. It’s glorious isn’t it Potter?"

Harry said nothing as Crabbe and Goyle snickered. At that moment, MacNair came flying out of the forest, looking rather battered and unnerved. Whatever was left of his men came running out of the forest, screaming after him. MacNair managed to pull himself up.

"We may have lost this round," said MacNair, spitting up blood as he talked. "But, one day, Turtles, I’ll have my vengeance for you making a complete fool out of me. I swear it."

MacNair and his subordinates left, taking the Portkey from Hogwarts and back to the Ministry. At this moment, Harry turned to Malfoy.

"Supreme moment of triumph, Malfoy?" said Harry shaking his head. "More like your supreme moment of looking like a turkey."

Harry snickered at his rival's misfortune, as Draco looked rather irritated. Why couldn't anything ever go right for him?

After Quidditch Practice, Harry went into the Forest. His family was sitting there, waiting for him.

"Well, you won this round, but that executioner seems to have sworn a vendetta on you. This location is no longer safe," said Harry. "So, I believe it is lucky that it's Friday and a weekend is ahead of us. Now you know what must be done."

"Yes, Harry, we have to return to New York now," said Mikey in a disappointed voice.

"And finish our business with the Shredder, once and for all," added Leo.

"I have informed my friends of my departure over the weekend so they don't worry and have gotten permission from my head of house to leave," said Harry, pulling out the Portus-Amulet and his wand.

"So are we going to do this, or what?" asked Raph, looking rather eager to bust some Foot skulls.

Harry nodded as everyone grabbed on Tapping his wand to the Portus-Amulet, Harry and his family felt themselves being pulled from the Forbidden Forest and towards the lair back in New York.
Sign up to rate and review this story