Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Seto Kaiba Does Not Cuddle

Chapter Five: Festival

by LilyChan 0 reviews

A collection of drabbles, vignettes and short stories about how Seto Kaiba is not cuddly. Challenge fanfic from the LJ community 10snuggles. SetoxJounouchi

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Joey Wheeler, Mokuba Kaiba, Seto Kaiba - Published: 2006-11-13 - Updated: 2006-11-13 - 952 words

0Unrated
Author's Notes: Today's short story takes place during the Bon Festival. I suggest you Google it before you ask me what it is. ;) I'll only give you the wiki entry. Please read and review.

Seto Kaiba Does Not Cuddle

By LilyChan

Chapter Five

Festival

"Where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." -Bible, /Matthew /6:21

Seto never thought he would be at his step-father's grave ever since he was buried. In fact, that was the first year he had actually came and, well, talked to him. Mokuba said that he didn't want to talk to him, so Seto was forced to carry his flowers and placed them on his grave.

"I don't know if I'll see you next year," Seto started to say as he was about to part. However the rest couldn't come out. He wasn't exactly sure what to say. Besides, what else could you say to a piece of stone that sticks up with words of hope written on it?

He sighed. He rose to his feet and looked at the grave once more. Even though they were rare, he did have fond memories of his step-father. He sighed once more and decided to part ways with it.

The walk back to the festival wasn't all that far away; but it felt like an eternity. All the while, memories of the past kept reoccurring in his head over and over. That fateful chess game that secured his and Mokuba's futures; that fateful instant he fell to his accidental death. Mokuba did tell him that it wasn't his fault, but he felt the guilt and weight over his shoulders ever since the funeral.

However, he felt...lighter. He felt relieved, although he wasn't quite sure why. He adjusted his kimono as he headed back to where he, Mokuba, and Jou would meet.

Jou...He remembered how much of a wreck he was when he found out his father had been in that accident. Seto could never understand why even though his father had gambled and drank up everything he could reach, Jou still loved and cared for him deeply - even now. He wasn't so sure that he could say he cared for his step-father, but at the same time, he couldn't really say that he hated him. In fact, he taught Seto how to survive, even if the procedure was harsh.

When the brunet had arrived at the meeting spot, he didn't see Jou or Mokuba. He shrugged and decided to stay around and wait for them to appear.

As the people passed him by, he stared at them. Did he appear that way to the general public? Granted, it was a shock to people when he came out of the closet, and that he had chosen Jou to be with him.

Did he ever smile like that? He didn't ever recall smiling around them. He would think he would know since he would seldom smile.

"Hey, Kaiba."

"Hey, brother...How was he?"

He looked up in surprise to see the blond and his brother looking down on him. Then he realized that he had been sitting down. He got up and dusted off his silk blue kimono for any dust, dirt, or other such things.

"Mokuba, he's dead. Of course he's not all right," he said bitterly.

The dark-haired boy merely nodded, though not satisfied with the answer - but he decided not to make his brother's mood any worse.

Seto was surprised, that for once, Jou wasn't talking his ear off. He gave the boy a glance and the blond smiled as though it was no big deal. The brunet blinked in confusion. However he let it pass since the drums started to beat.

The traditional dance was about to begin.

oooo

After they played a few more of the festival games they had announced that they would start the fireworks. The three headed up to a lonely hilltop that had a magnificent view to the fireworks with an equally lonesome tree on it.

Mokuba lay on Seto's lap and smiled as he fell asleep, exhausted from the eventful day. The other also laid down on his lap as Seto rubbed both their heads. He glanced at the blond who blankly stared at the sight.

"What's wrong with you?" he whispered. The blond rose and sighed as some tears came out.

"I miss my dad," Jou responded. Once again, Kaiba blinked.

"Why?" he blurted.

"Because... he was my dad, you know?" Jou responded. "I can't really explain it. I know what he did - I'm not as stupid as you think I am. I guess it's because he was family... Is that how you felt for Gozaburo?"

Seto feverishly shook his head. "No. I don't think I can see him as my father. Only a mere obstacle and a way to help Mokuba with his future,"

The blond shrugged, somewhat expected that sort of answer from him. It was quiet it for a bit save the spectacular noise and lights from the fireworks. The brunet glanced at the blond and grabbed him into a surprising hug.

The two stayed like that for some time until Jou found the strength to hold him against the other. They stared into one another's eyes for a bit until their lips gravitated towards one another. The kiss was extremely passionate and full of desire, but Kaiba was the one to pull away.

He placed his hand on Jou's head and lowered it until it was back on his lap. He hummed a nameless tune as he rubbed both, Jou and Mokuba, of their heads until Jou was eventually snoring.

Seto gazed on the two and smiled. This time, he knew he was smiling.
Sign up to rate and review this story