Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > Twins

Living the Past

by Always_A_Legend 0 reviews

Jay talks about his past. please R/R! J/T of course

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: PG - Genres: Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-15 - Updated: 2006-11-16 - 1938 words

0Unrated
Me: It has come to my understanding that this chapter was confusing. So I changed it.
Jayden: Mommy had worked very hard to correct what was wrong and hopefully can answer some of the questions that have been asked.
Me: Nina542, this is for you.
Nina542
1) How old are Jay and Jayden when their parents die? It's not mentioned but it's important because depending on their age, they'd need a legal guardian.

I'm thinking of the age between 11 and 14.
2) When Sara leaves, you say that she goes down the stairs, but then Abby says that they should go inside because it's cold. Are they inside or outside? And in either case, where? In Sara's bedroom? On the driveway?
I'm sorry if this has caused a major jam in your brain (no offence). I was thinking of the babysitter, Abby, is downstairs saying goodbye to the parents with Jayden. So she follows them outside, says bye and go back inside. I didn't want to say that but it seemed useless. Jay is inside the house, probably in his mother's room so he didn't say bye with his brother and Abby.
3) This is a smaller detail, but when a hospital calls, I don't think they tell you over the phone what's wrong. Only that you go to the hospital. I could be wrong about that, though.
I never been to the hospital or got a call from one so I don't know how it works.
4) Saying that Jayden starts working to support his younger brother implies that Jay is much younger. But they're twins. And why is Jayden working? Why didn't a relative adopt them? Or did they go to an orphanage? And if they did go to an orphanage, Jayden wouldn't really need to 'support' them. They'd already be supported.
In this story, I make the laws (obey or fear me, XD). Jayden is more of the serious side while Jay is more of a loosy-loose person. He doesn't worry. Jayden has to work because then he and Jay won't be able to survive. Also they're orphans now. No relatives. They refuse to go to the orphanage because they believe they can do this on their own.
5) Along those lines, I'm assuming that they must have gone to an orphanage because the rich couple 'came' and wanted to adopt Jayden. (Do orphans actually get to choose who adopts them?)
Let's say it's a small little town and everybody knows each other. In most books and facts, I've read, it's usually the adopter who chooses the adoptee. I mean if the orphans gets to choose then everybody would want to be adopted.
6) So now that you've established what Jay has gone through, how do you explain his parents in the show? Or are we ignoring that part?
Yes we are ignoring the fact that their parents are well and alive. This is just a new concept I want to see. How would their life be if they were already struggling against all odds of life and death then have something like saving the world from a crazed psycho wacko immortal evil god burden added to their shoulders (did that make any sense to you readers out there?)
Note: The ideas mentioned above (ie. No orphanage, no legal guardians) may change in this revised version on the chapter.
Jayden: well that's it. Nina542, hopefully this answers your questions. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask and mommy will try her best to answer them.
Me: Yes and please if you are going to rate this story, rate it something nice or don't rate at all.
Jayden: Mommy doesn't own Class of the Titans. But she does own me! Yay! Her own little Jay to cuddle to!
Me: in the last version I said that this chapter would be in a flashback POV, meaning it's like...well, flashback. But this time, I will do it in the present time and have Jay have flashbacks while telling his story (hopefully, that made sense to you). Also, flashbacks will be in bold because it came to my understanding that italic is hard to read when there's a whole page of it.
Warning: fluff big time!!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Chapter 4: Living the Past

'We didn't hate each other. Never did. We got along really great. That is until the accident,' started Jay.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The radio was playing 'Breakaway' by Kelly Clarkson. Both Jay and his parents enjoyed the music but Jayden was sulking in his own world in the backseat, next to his twin brother. And the rain which was falling down hard didn't improve his mood.

'This song is lame. Can we change it to something else?' he asked. No one answered.

'Guess I'll do it myself.' He leaned over and changed to rock music. It was really loud. So loud that it surprised the driver next to them. His father was surprised at the change of music, jumped and swerved causing him to lose control of the car. The car sped down the road, unable to stop, unable to brake due to the slippery road. The car suddenly changed to the oncoming lane
(A/N: I'm not a car person and I don't know anything about roads or the way the cars go. So I might mix up the oncoming stuff) and the truck in front of them honked. To Jay, it was as if the world stopped turning and all noises were drowned out. Then it came. He heard glass shattering and the unmistakable cry his mother gave. His mind fought for control but he lost. Soon darkness overcame him and he was lost in Lalaland.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
'I stayed unconscious for a few days and when I came to, I was told that my parents were dead,' he said quietly. Theresa wrapped an arm around him and he leaned against her.

'It was horrible. Every time I saw my brother, I would glare at him with a look that said 'I blame you for their death. You should be more ashamed.'
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Jay looked out of the window. He heard the door open and the sounds of footsteps. He turned and saw his brother.

'Not a scratch, not even a bruise,' he thought.

'What do you want?' he asked Jayden in a cold voice. Jayden flinched.

'The doctor said you were well to go home so I'm taking you back,' he answered uneasily. He moved closer to help Jay. Jay slapped his hand away and stood up.

'I don't need your help. You've done enough! They're dead and it's your fault! Don't you think you should be more ashamed?' he screamed at his brother.

'Hey! How could it be my fault? The truck in front of us should have braked! It had a 10 meters distance between him and us.'

'I don't blame the truck driver,' Jay replied, shooting a look and accusation in my tone.

'What?'

'You heard me. I don't blame him. I blame you. If it wasn't you who changed the music, dad wouldn't have lost control of the car and he wouldn't have gone to the oncoming side of the road.' With that, he gathered his belongings and headed out, leaving behind a stunned Jayden.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
'After that day, we rarely talked to each other. I was still mad at him and wouldn't forgive him. I lived my life and he lived his. We didn't go to an orphanage though. That was the only thing we could agree on,' Jay said.

'Why not?' asked Theresa.

'Well, there were lots of things in my parent's house that were valuable and it couldn't be moved. The court agreed to not let us go to a foster home if we agreed to sign a contract. We were to be on an adoption list and could be adopted any moment. Years passed and nothing happened. Jayden has been working hard to support us. And I, I turned to the dark side. I skipped classes and often caused trouble in the neighborhood. Everyone would tell me why couldn't I be like Jayden? Everyday, I would hear stories about how great my brother was. It was always Jayden this, Jayden that. It got into my nerves. One day, a rich couple came and wanted to adopt Jayden. Of course Jayden accepted thinking it would be a much better life for both me and him. Unfortunately, they only wanted Jayden. After he left, I was left alone to fend for myself. I took over Jayden's many jobs but due to my reputation and lack of interest, I got fired at every single one of them until all was left was a low-wage paying job. I decided that if I wanted to survive, I'll have to improve on my behavior. Slowly, I walked out of the dark era. I grew up with fear, never knowing what happened to my brother. I counted on him to come up with the money to pay the bill, buy the food. Slowly, I forgot every single memory of him. I grew happier and happier, finally realizing that I had walk out of his shadow and had built up other people's trust in me. From then on, I would hear people gossiping about something I did. No longer were the streets filled with the word Jayden It seemed like they had forgotten my other self. I was glad for it. With the money I saved, I took sailing lessons and became a high paying sailing instructor. I quit my other job. At the same time, I was able to make up for all the lost education and was now one of the top students in my grade. Finally, I was happy. Finally, I have my own life to live.' Jay took a deep breath. Theresa had tears shining in her eyes.

'Oh Jay! I never knew!' she cried as she buried her head into his shirt. Jay wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into a hug.

'Look at me. I'm supposed to be here comforting you and now it's the other way around,' she said as she raised her head to look in his eyes. Jay lifted her chin with his finger. His eyes were full of emotion. Love winning over all the others.

'Theresa...' he whispered. Theresa looked at him, hopefully.

'Is he? No. There's no way he likes me. But he looks like he's going to say it,' she thought.

'Theresa. There's something I wanted to tell you ever since I met you.'

'Yes Jay? I'm listening.' She smiled at him encouragingly. Jay took a deep breath.

'Theresa, I...' he was interrupted when Herry charged through the door.

'Guys! Hera needs to see us! ASAP! Like NOW!' Then he rushed downstairs. Theresa groaned.

'Gee, some timing.' Jay stoop up to follow after Herry when Theresa stopped him.

'Jay...'

'I'll tell you later Theresa.' With that he charged downstairs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Me: OH HO HO HO! I bet you guys thought Jay was going to confess huh? HAHA, I know I'm so mean. Please don't kill me!!
Jayden: ....I did some many things for you and that's how you treat me? Me, your big brother?
Jay: Bah. That was nothing. I was able to stand up where I have fallen! But you never fell, and that's what's wrong! Because our greatest glory is not in never falling but standing up every time we fall!
Me: the quote may be wrong but I typed it out of memory. I heard it somewhere and I thought it had quite a meaning. Not really related but I wanted to share it.
Me: WOAH! i'm getting good with HTML!
Sign up to rate and review this story