Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Situation Hopeless

Chpt 17: A whole new meaning to that punched in the gut feeling.

by duckapple 6 reviews

Love me. Next time you'll love me more. Surprises on the horizon kids.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama - Published: 2006-11-17 - Updated: 2006-11-17 - 730 words

2Moving
Chpt 17: A whole new meaning to that punched in the gut feeling.


Forty-eight hours have passed and I've barely moved from Patrick's bed. He's convinced I've got the flu or some disabling/fatal disease. After much debate and some denial of anything being wrong I've subdued his insistence by agreeing to go to the doctor with Evie.

Pete has called everyday since he found out. He's currently at the studio to day with Patrick working on the new Gym Class record.

"Hey," his voice is hushed, Patrick probably in the other room.

"Hi," I say slightly surprised that he's calling again. But Pete's been full of surprises lately. Very few of them good.

"How," he pauses, "things?"

"Things," I reply emphasizing the word, "are fine."

"Good."

I sigh, "Did you need something?"

"No," He sounds hurt, "Just checking in. I just wanted to make sure you were alright."

I sigh again, "I'm sorry Pete. Its just that I've been kind of stressed lately."

"S'ok," He says. Small talk ensues until I hear the door open.

"Hey, that's Ev. I gotta go." I say without looking up to see who had walked in. I hit the end button on the cordless before lifting my head.

"Almost ready," I look up fully expecting to find Evie, but much to my surprise my eyes meet a pair of bright green eyes half hidden behind those all too familiar black rim glasses.

He smiles at me, hands in his pockets, "Hi."

"Hey," I say softly, standing to greet him. I wrap my arms around this neck and kiss his cheek. His arms hang loosely around my waist

"So," I sigh playing with the hair that had escaped from the back of his cap, "What brings you home so early?"

He shrugs, " I was worried about you. Travis sent me home so I could go with you to the doctor. Apparently I'm useless when worried."

Patrick had always been this way when it came to someone he cared about being even remotely ill. It started when his grandmother died as a result of a misdiagnosis.

"I'm fine. I promise. Just a little stomach flu." Lie. But I smile anyway hoping to convince him that it's the truth.

He shook his head, "You're going, and I'm going with you. End of story Annemarie."

I bit my lip, I guess this is as good a time as any, right? No time like the present.
Except my stomach is in knots and I can barely breath. But I manage.

"I'm pregnant." The words fall from my lips like bricks. The impact much hard than I'd first anticipated.

He doesn't move, not a single feature of his face reacts for at least five seconds before he opens his mouth, "Are you sure?"

Not the reaction I was expecting, but a rational one. And Patrick has always been the rational one.

"99.9 percent. Or at least that's what the box said." My voice is quiet and I feel small.
I can't read the expression on his face, but my guess is somewhere between shock, hurt, and deep down ever so slight excitement.

"Is it mine?" He asks, staring my straight in the eye.

"Patrick I..." Tears form behind my eyes as he cuts me off.

"I'm not asking you again Annemarie, is it mine?" His voice is stern and cold.

"I look at him again and my eyes meet his. I can't seem to force the words past my lips but by the look on his face I don't have to. I go to wrap my arms around him. Wanting nothing more than for him to kiss my forehead and make it all better. But he doesn't. He steps back shaking his head.

"I can't be here right now. I can't deal with this." He moves to the door.

I open my mouth, trying desperately to form words or phrases. Anything to keep him here, but nothing comes out. The door closes behind him with a heavy click. So. This is what it feels like to be empty? I don't like it very much.

I lay down on the couch and roll on to my back. I run my fingers through my hair and try to avoid the temptation of running back to Glenview. Like it ever meant a thing to me. Liar. And I'm not getting any better at it.
Sign up to rate and review this story