Categories > Anime/Manga > Full Metal Alchemist > Another Day, Another Dream

In the Case of Edward Elric

by _Sakura_ 4 reviews

Edward Elric has run out of class for disrupting the class... again. He was followed to find out why.

Category: Full Metal Alchemist - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Alphonse Elric, Edward Elric, Winry Rockbell - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-12 - Updated: 2006-11-12 - 776 words

0Ambiance
Author's Note: Hi guys, this is my first fanfiction, i didn't really feel like writting a giant story with a complexe plot, and this hasn't been proof read, so here it is, and it's not very long. But i hope you all enjoy it anyway!
Oh yes and these characters don't belong to me, they're all from Fullmetal Alchemist :).

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Winry! What did you think of class?"

"Same as usual."

It was a bright, sunny day at the local school grounds, the blossoming flowers of spring were swaying with wind leaving a sweet, refreshing burst of color in the clear sky.

Edward Elric, a short, blonde haired high school student was going through his last year of high school (year 10), and so, his hormones were running high. His heart was struck by the arrow carelessly thrown by Winry Rockbell, the young girl skimming her eyes through the crowd, looking for someone.

"Who are you looking for?" Ed asked her, trying to follow her gaze and seek eyes on that unfamiliar face.

"He's a good friend of mine." Winry made a hand gesture to show that she was too busy searching to look at him.

"He's?" Ed's eyebrow twitched, "Who's He?"

Winry laughed, "No need to get so uptight."

"Who's being uptight?" Ed demanded. Winry shook her head, letting her golden hair flying wildly.

"Jeez Ed, he's just a childhood friend."

"And I'm not just a childhood friend?"

Winry didn't answer, she waved "Alphonse! Honey I was looking for you!"

Edward gasped, and he fell to his knees.

"Alphonse you traitor!"

"Sorry brother, she was all over me."

"All.... All over you?!" Ed was dumbstruck, "Winry?! You??"

"I told you I liked tall guys Ed."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No... no..." Edward moaned.

"Brother!? Brother?! What's the matter?"

"Would you mind explaining your behavior to sensei?"

"Yes Class Rep." Edward sighed, slightly out of it, he stood up at his desk, aware that many faces had turned to face him, he could feel their gaze tingling at his neck. His face went slightly pink.

"Oh, just spit it out, Edward!" a girl called across the classroom, he knew that voice, Winry.

"You traitor Alphonse!" Edward yelled, pointing his finger at his taller yet younger brother sitting besides him. Alphonse was bewildered, and he watched in incredulity as Ed picked up his school bag and stormed out of class, his face beet red.

"What?" Winry pondered out loud, "What an idiot." She stood up, "Sensei may I please go and see what's wrong with him?"

Sensei scratched his head, "Fine. But hurry up."

"Yes sir!" she bowed and dashed out of class, skirt flying up and leaving all the boys with bloody noses and red faces.

"Lucky bastard." They all mumbled in unison.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edward was seen grumbling in anger and embarrassment in the school courtyard, lying on the grass underneath an apple tree (of which there were none).
Winry caught sight of him and ran up to him.
"Would you mind explaining what that was about? This wouldn't be the first time you have done this to everyone?"

Edward peered upwards at the girl, and then sat up, knocking his head against a low branch (a really low branch).

"Don't you remember your last dream that disrupted the class?" Winry queried, fingering at something at her left hand.

"Erm..." Edward struggled to remember, he had disrupted the class so many times before, then all of a sudden his face, was hidden by his hands, "I'm sorry."

"It's alright." Winry whispered into his ear, and kissed his cheek. "But you might want to apologize to Alphonse."

Edward nodded and lent forward, his lips brushing lightly against Winry's, a light kiss.

"I asked you if you would marry me in the future." Edward mumbled, "I do remember, I can't believe I was an idiot to forget."

Winry sighed, and hugged him, "So what was that dream you had?"

Edward took in a deep breath, "You really want to know?"

Winry tapped the diamond ring on her left hand, and winked, "Of course I do."

"Okay. I dreamed that..." He lent down to whisper in her ear, "you left me for Alphonse just because he was taller."

There was a large silence, in which an apple fell down from the tree and smacked Edward hard on the head. Winry laughed.

And so, they both got up, arm in arm and left back to class to receive their detention.


_Sakura_'s other note: Hi guys! I hope you enjoyed it! please if you have some time, you can review if you want, or email me if you have any comments or complaints :) id like to hear them!
Sign up to rate and review this story