Categories > Original > Romance > Cedar Door

Answering Machine

by Tamurai 0 reviews

Stephin comes home to a very nasty answering machine.

Category: Romance - Rating: R - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [V] [X] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-18 - 671 words

1Moving
Yay! I updated I hope you guys are enjoying my story because I'm working really hard on it! I hope you guys enjoy the next ch.!
1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Stephin walked into the house with a bag of groceries in hand. He gently set them on the table and put them away. As he walked upstairs to his study he noticed the red light on his message machine. Stephin looked at the caller I.D. to see that his best friend David had called him. He pressed the button to listen to the message

"Hey uh Stephin, tomorrow's Friday night. Maybe we could get together with the guys and chill out. You know, grab a beer, go bowling, and pick up some chicks or in you case, some dudes." Said the message machine on the table.

Stephin laughed. It was so like David to make jokes about his sexuality. Though often strange, it always got laugh out of Stephin

"Anyway man, you got to got out of that house. You've been locked up in there for weeks now, and from what I heard, only come out for groceries. And your next-door neighbor told me you lock yourself in the house and don't answer the door. I'm sorry if I insulted you the other day with Kal and all but come on." The machine paused. "Look, this isn't healthy. I'm worried about you Stephin, you're my best friend and I care about you. I know it's Friday night, and Friday night was a big deal between you and Kal, but the guy's dead. You can't bring him back Stephin. I mean you do have to love him, and love him for the rest of your life, but you also need to move on." The machine paused again. "Now I'm not saying forget about Kal and all the great things you did with him, the great times you spent with him, but," The message machine took a deep breathe. "But you really need to start living your life. You need to move on, leave the pain behind. It's been two years since Kal died. What was that last book you wrote? A Tale of the Winter Moon. It was angsty as hell."

Stephin glared at the machine. How dare him accuse him for feeling the pain of loss. He couldn't help but love Kal. And to forget Kal, to forget his love...unthinkable, unforgivable. How dare he say that. David may be trying to help him, but he has never felt the loss of losing some one like Kal. How dare he say get used to it, Kal's dead, move on and forget about him.

How could he forget about Kal? How could he forget about the man he loved? A minute ago, Stephin considered that man, his best friend. A minute ago, Stephin would have gone with him to get drunk. But now...now he hated that man who talked to him on that contraption. David had told him to forget about love because love should be forgotten.

"Stephin listen to me. Get your gay ass out of your house and call your driver, ask the driver to drive down to the bowling alley all right. You need to forget about love, because it has forgotten all about you."

Stephin slammed the message machine to the floor.
How dare he say that. How dare he. He doesn't know the first thing about love.
Tears streamed down Stephin's face.
But he was right. He should forget about love, because love has forgotten him.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Aww! So sad. I hope once again this ch. wasn't too angsty(even though i know it is srry).
Once again(hate to beg) I love reviews and I know you guys love giving them so let's just make this world one big ball of love and if you review me I love you and the love will go around! If not (grabs cute teddy bear from closet and holdsover vicious dog's mouth) Mr. Snuffles will get it! So please review!
Sign up to rate and review this story