Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > The Lighthouse

The Beginning of the End

by MyVengefulRomance 8 reviews

One of the boys is met with the true reason behind the curse of the lighthouse. But is the problem at the lighthouse even a curse? What is truly going on with him? READ AND REVIEW!!!!!!

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Horror, Romance - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Warnings: [!] [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-18 - 1572 words

1Exciting
Ch 8 Disclaimer- Gerard owns himself, 'cause he's good like that. Oh. Everyone recognizable owns themselves. I own The Angel of Death, 'cause I'm good like that.

A/N- Hey. I noticed that I didn't get so many reviews for the last chapter. Either you don't like the story as much, or I'm just too paranoid. Um...it's the latter, isn't it? Um, yeah. Guess what? I HAVE FRIENDS!!! I'm all proud off myself. SQUEE!!! Heh. Dammit. I'm such a loser...Enjoy, I guess.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gerard stared after the two men who had just exited the lighthouse through the front door, leading out to a steep cliff onto sharp rocks.

The Angel had a strong grip on Frank's arm, and Frank had almost been dragged out the door. Frank had glanced back at Gerard one last time. He had shot him a sad smile, and Gerard had only stared to cry harder.

Then, Frank was ripped from Gerard's line of sight.

Gerard put his head in his hands and let out a choked sob.

"Oh, God, this isn't happening. Mikey, Ray, and Bob aren't dead, and Frank isn't going to die for me," he muttered.

He squeezed his eyes shut, and swallowed hard.

'Oh, God...I can't let this happen,' he thought as his eyes shot open.

"Frank isn't going to die for me!" he exclaimed firmly.

Standing up, the vocalist, as stealthily as possible, crept over to the door. Peering through the opening, he choked back the sob threatening to burst from his lips.

Frank was on his knees before the Angel, staring up defiantly at the evil man. The Angel was screaming at him, and was waving around a rather large knife in his left hand. Frank didn't even flinch when the Angel waved the knife in his face.

"Oh, hell no," Gerard muttered, anger knotting in his chest. The phrase 'so angry I saw red' was an understatement in Gerard's situation.

The Angel yelled something else, and Frank started to cry. He stuttered a reply, and a look of anger crossed the Angel's face. In a flash, the Angel had the knife buried in Frank's chest up to the hilt. Frank's mouth opened in an 'o', and he looked up at the Angel with wide eyes.

His eyes rolled into the back of his head, and his limp body collapsed backwards. The Angel tapped Frank's leg with his foot, and a gurgling noise sounded from behind Frank's lips. Pink froth came up with the gurgle, and his head lolled to the side.

Gerard watched in horror and anguish, and suddenly, something inside of him snapped.

With a hoarse cry, Gerard ran forward and tackled the Angel to the ground.

The Angel gasped as all the air was knocked out of his lungs with a 'whoosh'.

Gerard straddled his waist, and pinned his elbows down with his knees.

"You're going to pay with your life," he growled as he intertwined his pale fingers in the Angel's black hair.

The Angel, finally catching his breath, grinned evilly at Gerard.

"/It's entirely your fault. I saw you in the doorway. We both did. You could've stopped it, but you are a coward. Too afraid to do anything, to stop destiny/."

"Shut up!" Gerard gasped, tears filling his eyes.

"/You will fade away into nothingness. As will his spirit. It won't ever rest, and you will die now. He died for no reason./"

The Angel laughed, his speech amusing himself.

"You forget that it's me holding your life in my hands!" Gerard screamed, lifting the Angel's head using his hair.

The Angel's smirk dropped off his face.

"What do you think you're doing?" he gasped, the creepy accent dropping off his voice.

Gerard screamed, "What I should've done a long time ago, you damned monster!"

Gerard slammed the Angel's head into the ground, and the Angel let out a choked cry.

Again and again Gerard brought his head down onto the slick rock beneath them. The Angel had exhaled his last breath, and yet Gerard continued. Gerard's eyes had blurred beyond recognition, and yet he continued. Gerard continued to bring down the Angel's head long after the blood had pooled around him, thoroughly soaking his legs and arms. Gerard continued after the satisfying 'crack' of the Angel's skull had sounded throughout the darkening night-sky. Nothing could stop Gerard; his anger and fear flooding into this needless act of continued violence.

Gerard blinked away his tears after he realized that the sun had just risen.

He looked down at the bloodied corpse beneath him, and felt the bile rise in his throat. Quickly, he rolled off the body and retched violently to the side.

Finishing up, he wiped his mouth and choked back tears, shutting his eyes and trying to stop shaking. Gerard let out an agonized scream as he realized that he couldn't.

"Dammit all to HELL!!!" he screamed, unable to tear his eyes from the sheer carnage he had unleashed.

Finally, he ripped his eyes from the scene and turned away.

"No..."

Who did that weak, pathetic whisper come from? Gerard anguish disembodied him almost, and he felt dizzy, lightheaded.

"Not Frankie. Oh, God...not Frankie."

He stumbled over to the younger man's body, and let out a choked cry. Reaching out with a shaky hand, he touched Frank's cold cheek. But noticing the blood on his fingers, he ripped his hand away, pulling it to his chest.

Then, the Angel was sitting beside him.

"Hey," he said simply.

Gerard screamed, and gasped, "You're dead! I killed you!"

The Angel cocked his head.

"What are you talking about? Gerard, to kill me would be to kill you."

Gerard blinked.

"What?"

The Angel gave him a strange look, and said, "Gerard, I don't exist. You do."

"What...what are you saying?" Gerard stuttered.

The Angel held up two fingers and said, "Two words. Paranoid. Schizophrenic. Gerard, I didn't kill anyone. You did."

Gerard gasped, taken aback.

"What? You're lying! That's not possible! How...?"

"Come on, Gerard. How do you know exactly how everyone of your band-mates died and what their last words were? Think about it."

"No," Gerard said, shaking his head. "I was with Frank when Ray and Bob died. He knows. How could I've killed them if...?"

Gerard broke off. The Angel smiled and nodded.

"There you go. You weren't with Frank when Ray and Bob died. You just told yourself that you were, and your mind created me. You needed someone to blame, to make sure you didn't go insane. But Gerard, you are insane. Every memory you have of this lighthouse was made up. Everything. And, that's not my blood on your hands. It's Frank's."

Gerard shook his head slowly.

"No, that's...that's not possible. I didn't kill Frank...I couldn't. I love him."

He looked over at Frank's body with sadness and disbelief in his eyes.

"Sure, Gerard," the Angel said, nodding. "You keep telling yourself that. But when Brian comes to pick you up in a week, what're you going to tell him happened? That I killed him? Gerard, I don't exist."

Gerard buried his face in his hands and muttered, "Go away."

"But I'm the only one you've got left," the Angel smirked.

Gerard looked up at the Angel with his green eyes watering.

"Why can't I remember killing them?"

"It's my job to make sure you don't remember, Gerard. You're fragile, beautiful. To know what happened would kill you."

Gerard reburied his face in his hands.

"I murdered my brother, my best friends, and the only man I've ever loved. I love them. Why the hell did I do this?"

The angel smiled and said, "Well, Gerard, it's simple. Not only do you suffer from paranoid schizophrenia, but you also suffer from split personality disorder, manic depression, and mild bipolar disorder. You have problems."

"You think? I'm talking to myself. Will you go away now?"

The Angel shook his head.

"Nope. Hey, remember when you'd get angry at your brother and hit him?"

Gerard's head shot up.

"I never hit Mikey!"

The Angel laughed.

"You didn't. I did. Heh. You'd always get so confused when he'd back away from you in fear."

Gerard blinked.

"Have I ever talked to you before?"

The Angel laughed.

"Of course we have. You won't remember this conversation either, Gerard. But I guess that's for the better. You won't remember killing your friends, and you can just say that you killed the one who did this and threw 'im in the ocean."

Gerard nodded slowly, and grunted as a wave of dizziness overtook him.

The Angel stood up, and disappeared into the ocean.

Gerard raised a shaky hand to his now aching forehead, and muttered, "I need some serious help."

Another wave of dizziness hit him, and he vomited again, this time with red liquid coming from his lips.

"Damn," he mumbled, wiping his mouth as he finished.

Wave after wave of dizziness overtook Gerard, and he fell backwards, closing his eyes and welcoming the darkness that had been waiting to consume him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N- Hot damn, that didn't really go as I wanted it to. Oh well. At least I'm better at weird twists then M. Night Shamalan. (Sixth Sense? The Village? No? -sigh-) Well, review, and there will be another chapter, and then maybe and epilogue. I dunno, 'cause this was all written as I was typing. Uh...yeah. REVIEW!!!!!!!!!






Sign up to rate and review this story