Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7

The Artist

by Badger 2 reviews

Rude's an artist at what he does

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure, Humor - Characters: Reno, Rude - Warnings: [!] [X] - Published: 2006-11-18 - Updated: 2006-11-18 - 499 words - Complete

5Insightful
My man Rude, now he is an artist

Not one of those guys who makes statues, or paints pictures, or writes books, or works with clay. What my partner does is a very different kind of art. One that involves chemicals and plastique, nitro and Mako residue, phosphorus and other stuff I don' know the name of. Instead of writing it or chiseling it or sculpting it, he builds it, using wires and switches and boxes and timers, can't forget the timers, because the timers are what gives you a head start, so that by the time the thing blows itself (and whatever you've planted it in or on or behind) sky high, you'll be far enough away to enjoy the aftershock.

Gotta have steady hands to make bombs. Not like using a gun or the EMR or your fists. Bombs get the job done, but they damn well demand your respect. Get careless, and at the best, you're gonna be missin' some fingers or your hearing. At worst, you'll be in the Lifestream before you even know what hit you.

I love to watch him work, because, frankly, it makes me hard (yeah, I'm a sick fuck; so sue me). You wouldn't think those big hands could do such fine work. Same hands he uses to fight and break kneecaps can hold tweezers, and manipulate tiny screws, and fit a case together like a kid putting together a puzzle. All his concentration gets focused on what he's doing, because you just can't be careless when you're buildin' things that're gonna blow up.

And he works entirely from memory. No notes or sheets of paper tellin' him how to put it together. It's all inside his head. Every little piece of it's inside his head, just waiting for him to remember where it goes.

Takes a certain kind of guy to build bombs. I could never do it; that's why I use the EMR or my gun. I don't have the patience to sit and put things together piece by piece. I'd most likely blow myself sky high within the first two or three minutes. I want to dispense the pain NOW. I want instant gratification.

Rude, though...if there's one thing the man's got, it's patience. He's willing to wait till it's all done and the fireworks start to get his jollies. But then...oh yeah, that's when things get interesting. Some of the best fucks we've ever had were in the aftermath of a bomb explosion. Up against an alley wall somewhere, or in the helicopter (yeah, it's tight, but that's part of what makes it fun). There's nothing sweet and slow about it, then. It's all just pure adrenaline, and the animal need to fuck right now, no waiting till you find somewhere people aren't likely to stumble across you. The thrill of maybe gettin' caught's half the fun.

As Rude says, we're Shinra. What're they gonna do if they catch us? Go tell the Boss?
Sign up to rate and review this story