Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Happy Squirrel Lodge

Night Terrors

by YamiRoojii 0 reviews

A nice relaxing break in a woodland lodge. What could possibly go wrong?

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Humor - Characters: Duke Devlin, Ishizu Ishtar, Joey Wheeler, Mai Valentine, Marik Ishtar, Mokuba Kaiba, Ryou Bakura, Serenity Wheeler, Seto Kaiba, Tea Gardner, Tristan Taylor, Yami Bakura, Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-21 - Updated: 2006-11-21 - 1367 words

0Unrated
Everyone bolted upright as one.

"What da hell was dat!?" Joey growled sleepily.

"Sounds like someone's in trouble!" Yami replied, leaping out of bed and running out into the hall.

"Off to save the day again are we?" Malik muttered, following at a more leisurely pace.

"I think it came from the bad place" Tea said, standing in the doorway of her room and pointing towards Bakura, Marik and Seto's room.

"Oh no! They're probably torturing some poor girl!" Serenity cried, peering over Tea's shoulder.

Tea opened her mouth to say more but was cut off by another shriek followed by insane cackling.

Arranging his face into a determined expression, Yami kicked the door open.

He was totally unprepared for what he saw.

Seto was clinging to the light fitting, sobbing like a little girl. Marik was on the floor along with Seto's bedding, laughing hysterically.

"Wha...?" Yami gaped.

"Get rid of it...make it go away!" Seto screeched, gesturing madly at his bed.

Frowning in confusion, Yami walked over to the bed and looked down at it.

There, right in the middle of the tangled sheets, was a house spider.

He let out a tiny snort that quickly escalated into him joining Marik on the floor.

"Nyahaha, who ever woulda thought da great Seto Kaiba would be scared of a little spider" Joey laughed once he realised what was going on.

"Yes, yes, it's hilarious, NOW GET RID OF IT" Seto yelled, still swinging from the ceiling.

Still giggling slightly, Yami scooped up the spider and dropped it out the window.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was two hours before everyone was woken up again. This time by someone yelling unintelligibly.

"For the love of Ra..." Yami yawned, rolling out of bed to locate the source of the noise.

It sounded like it was coming from downstairs this time.

Leaning over the balcony he saw Yugi and Duke trying to restrain Ryou who was hitting at something only he could see.

Rolling his eyes he stomped down the stairs and asked them what the hell they were doing.

"Kill them, kill them all!!" Ryou screamed, nearly giving Yugi a black eye.

"He's still asleep" Duke explained, "We assume he's having a nightmare."

"You have to help me" Ryou hissed, grabbing the front of Yami's teddy bear pyjamas and pulling his face close, "We have to destroy them!"

"Destroy what?" Yami asked tiredly.

"What do you mean? Can't you see them? They're everywhere!" Ryou growled, his eyes darting about so fast it made Yami feel slightly queasy.

"Ryou there's nothi-" Yami started to say before Ryou tightened his grip and cut off his air.

"Are you mad!!!" He cried, shaking Yami so hard he nearly gave him whiplash.

"What, Ryou, what, we can't see anything" Yugi squeaked, trying to pry Ryou's fingers from Yami's pyjama front.

"THE BUNNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Ryou screamed, raising both hands and waving them around like a madman.

Unfortunately he forgot to let go of Yami so he, being small and light, went up in the air too.

"AAAAH! Duke, go and get that tranquiliser gun he used on Bakura earlier" Yami yelled as he flew in wide circles through the air.

Duke nodded and ran to find it.

"Ryou calm down, they want you to lose it" Yugi cried, desperately trying anything he could think of, "You'll annoy them more by ignoring them."

Panting, Ryou dropped Yami onto the floor and turned to face Yugi.

"You're working with them aren't you?" he accused.

"N...no, I...Ryou please!" Yugi whimpered as he tried to outrun Ryou.

"DEATH TO THE BUNN-" Ryou managed to yell before Duke shot him in the rear with a tranquiliser dart.

"Right, well if you don't mind I'm going to go to bed now" Yami rasped, massaging the bump on his head.

Sighing Yugi and Duke looked at each other then lifted Ryou and started to drag him back upstairs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Staring up at the almost full moon, Bakura cursed his hikari.

How dare he drug him and drag him out here to spend two weeks with his infantile friends!

He was always going on about human rights and free will and how what Bakura had done to him was soooo wrong.

"Bloody hypocrite" Bakura snarled, throwing a stone at an owl.

Screeching in annoyance, the owl shot up into the air...only to swoop back down and try to claw the tomb robbers eyes out.

"Ahhh, why is everyone against me!" Bakura cried, desperately trying to fend off the owl with a stick.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sighing in frustration, Yami rolled over and rearranged his pillows for the tenth time in four minutes.

For some reason he couldn't get back to sleep.

"It's the first night and I already wish I was at home" he mumbled miserably to himself.

"What?" Malik asked sleepily.

"Oh nothing, I was just talking to myself" Yami replied.

"First sign of madness, that is" Malik chuckled.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone got up bright and early the next morning and gathered in the kitchen for breakfast.

"Wow, I slept really well last night" Ryou smiled, buttering a scone.

He didn't see the dark looks that Yugi, Duke and Yami gave him.

"It don't look like you slept well" Joey observed, gesturing at the bags under Yami's eyes.

"I didn't sleep at all after a certain...incident...involving invisible bunnies" Yami grumbled, glancing at Ryou again.

"That's so funny, I had a dream about bunny rabbits" Ryou giggled, still blissfully ignorant of what he had done the previous night.

"I know" Yami said through gritted teeth.

Ryou gave him an odd look then shrugged and returned to his scone.

Bakura chose that moment to return through a window.

"Why can't you use the door like a normal person?" Tea frowned.

"Because, my dear piglet, I am not normal" Bakura replied, seating himself next to Marik and ignoring Tea's indignant pout.

"Uh, I'm probably going to regret asking this but why do you have scratches all over your face?" Tristan inquired, raising a questioning eyebrow.

"I had a disagreement with a fellow creature of the night" Bakura shrugged, grabbing Ryou's second scone and stuffing it in his mouth.

"Did you win?" Marik asked.

"I did indeed, I got it with an-OW" Bakura yelled as the hand that had been wandering towards Ryou's replacement scone was speared with a butter knife.

Wiping the blood off the knife, Ryou put it back on the table.

Snarling in annoyance, Bakura mentally added stabbing to the list of injustices Ryou had committed against him.

"So what's everyone doing today?" Serenity asked cheerfully.

"Plotting how best to destroy you all" Marik replied, grinning menacingly at her.

"Joey, I'm scared" Serenity whimpered.

"Hey! Leave her alone ya big jerk" Joey said, standing up so he was towering over the offending party.

"Oh what is that phrase...ah yes, bite me" Marik smirked.

"Alright" Joey growled, leaping across the table and sinking his teeth into Mariks arm.

Everyone ignored them as they rolled around on the floor, punching each other. Except for Tea, of course, who hovered around them, frantically reminding them that they were friends and that friends don't try to maim each other.

"What's that you're drinking?" Mokuba asked Ryou, pointing at his teacup.

"Green tea" Ryou replied, offering him some.

Mokuba sipped it cautiously.

"Ugh, it tastes like grass" he spluttered.

"It's really good for you though" Ryou smiled.

"AHA" Marik yelled triumphantly, pinning Joey with a move he learned from watching early morning chat shows.

"Alright that's enough" Malik sighed, pulling out a taser and zapping his Yami with it.

"That's a bit cruel isn't it?" Ryou frowned.

"Hey, you have your ways and I have mine. Besides, there isn't a tranquiliser in existence that can bring him down" Malik shrugged.

"Ha! I win loser" Joey said smugly, looking down at Mariks unconscious, twitching body.

"Oh shut up Wheeler, you were never at any point even close to winning" Seto growled, looking up from his coffee to glare at his nemesis for a second.

"I know what everyone needs!" Tea suddenly cried, "Hugs!"

That statement effectively emptied the kitchen, leaving only Tea and Serenity behind.

"I'll hug you" Serenity said happily.
Sign up to rate and review this story