Categories > Anime/Manga > Naruto

If Only You Knew

by srawberrygrl 0 reviews

Sakura loves Sasuke, but won't tell him. She gets jealous of other girls at a party and kills herself. My first fan fiction.

Category: Naruto - Rating: R - Genres: Angst - Characters: Sakura, Sasuke - Warnings: [?] [V] - Published: 2006-11-21 - Updated: 2006-11-22 - 1020 words - Complete

-1OOC
Hello everyone. I'm kind of new around here and this is the first fan fiction I've ever wrote, but I feel it's pretty good. Anyways, enjoy!

Note: (text) means this is narration. It's a poem that goes with the story. Just imagine it in italics.


Disclaimer: I don't own any of these characters! I do own the poem though.

********

(Once again you call me.
You say you want to hang out.
We find a bunch of people,
And end up at my house.)

It was late at night in Konoha. A ringing phone breaks the peaceful silence.

"Hello?" Sakura answers as she rolls sleepily towards the edge of the bed to sit up.

"Hey," a familiar voice replies, "Wanna go hang out?"

Sakura freezes. Had Sasuke finally asked her out?

"S-s-sure," is her intelligent reply.

"Great! I'll tell the others you're coming,"

"O-others?"

"Yeah, Naruto, Hinata, Kiba, Shino, and a whole bunch of the other guys."

Sakura's face drops a little bit. "Okay, see you later," she manages to get out while hanging up the phone.

The group meets up at the local bar and has a few drinks. Then Sakura suggests they go back to her house to talk. Soon everyone is piled into the small living room.

(Let's play a game you say.
How harmless could it be?
But you still won't touch me.
You just flirt with other girls,
And ignore the rules of your own game.)

"Who's up for a little etruth or dare?" asks Sasuke.

Everyone agrees and it's decided Sasuke starts.

"Ino, thruth or dare?"

"Dare," she replies excitedly.

"Okay, why don't you make out with your little friend Shika there?" he challenges.

"WHAT?" they both exclaim at the same time.

"You heard me," he replies coolly.
They stare at each other for a while, but finally comply. Everyone else whoops and hollers for them.

(I sit there and grow jealous
Of all those other girls.
But you still don't notice.
You're too drunk to anyways.)

The game continues, one by one everyone else is asked until it goes back to Ino. She looks at Sakura with evil intent written all over her face. "Sakura, truth or dare?"

"Dare," she replies. She really doesn't want to, but everyone else chose it and she didn't want to seem like a sissy.

"Okay, you've had a crush on Sasuke since we were twelve, haven't you? Go over there and kiss him."

She's a bit taken aback. Would Sasuke even let her kiss him? Well, only one way to find out.

She scoots toward him and touches his arm, but he freezes. Sasuke, who had made out with almost every girl in the room, froze at her touch! He points at his cheek and pulls away after the first sense of contact.

She is enraged! How could he do that?!

After a while of playing and a whole lot of kissing, people finally start to leave. She waves them goodbye until Sasuke is the last one putting his coat on.

"We should do this again sometime," he says to her and leaves without further word.

She closes the door and stumbles past the living room. She'd had more than her fair share of alcohol after the incident with Sasuke. She can barely see straight as she stumbles into her bedroom. She doesn't even bother to undress and just passes out on the bed.

(How harmless could it be?
Oh, if only you knew.
I still can't tell you how I feel,
But it tears me up inside.
I'm not ready to let it out,
And I doubt I ever will be.
Not as long as you keep up this act.
But I can't wait until the day you see me
And I can drop this torturous act.)

She wakes up late into the next day. Her head is pounding and her heart weighs heavily as the events of the previous night flow through her head. Her stomach churns as she sits up and vomits the contents of her stomach into the toilet.

She walks into the kitchen and remembers a remedy her mother taught her for hangovers. It's then that she notices the knife. Long and sharp. Perfect.

She walks back to the bedroom, knife in her hand, and lies down on her bed. She sees the picture of her and her teammates once upon and time on her nightstand. Without thinking she brings the knife to her wrist and swiftly cuts down the vein.

(I love you.)

'Finally, I can be at peace. Maybe now you'll have to think of me Sasuke.'

Within the hour, she breathes her last breaths. Her body isn't found until about a week later after everyone starts to worry about her not showing up for council meetings. Her funeral is a casual affair. Many cry as they remember the spunky kunoichi in her prime. She's buried under the cherry blossom tree by the lake, her favorite spot to go and think.

Eventually, time goes on, and everyone starts to forget. The girl once called Sakura fades away into memory as they go on with their lives and make new ones. People eventually stop visiting her grave every year on her birthday and date of death. Everyone that is, except for Sasuke. Even as her grows older and succeeds in his goal to kill his brother, he never marries. He continues to visit her gravesite as often as possible and every year at springtime when the cherry blossoms bloom, he gathers huge bunches of them up and lays them on her grave in the shape of a heart. And like her, he too eventually fades away and joins her. It is said that every night there is a pink sunset, you can go to that cherry tree and you can just fainty see an image of what the kunoichi that took her life away used to be.

*********

Yeah. Sorry it's so morbid. I've been at a pretty low point in my life lately and writing this helped me vent some of the feelings out. Please rate/review! I will love you forever!
Sign up to rate and review this story