Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > The Final Battle: Part 2

The Final Battle: Part 2

by One-Winged-Angel 0 reviews

Cloud awoke in a room he recognized, it was back at his home in Midgar. He looked towards the door because of the voices coming from behind it, he had recognized one of the voices, it was Tifa.......

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Action/Adventure - Characters: Cloud Strife, Loz, Other - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-22 - 1520 words - Complete

-1Illiterate
The Final Battle
Part 2
The Wait


Chapter 2

Cloud awoke in a room he recognized, it was back at his home in Midgar. He looked towards the door because of the voices coming from behind it, he had recognized one of the voices, it was Tifa. But for some odd reason he couldn't tell who the other was.
"he'll be fine, he just needs some rest", the unfamiliar voice said, "don't let him do anything stupid until he has fully recovered, got it?".
"yes I got it", Tifa said.
"I am going to go find out some information on the where a bout's of Kadaj and Sephiroth then I will return",
"ok I'll go check on cloud", as Tifa said it the knob of the door turned. Cloud laid still so Tifa wouldn't notice he was awake. She walked by the foot of his bed to the dresser and grabbed a wet cloth to put over his forehead, but Cloud grabed her wrist befor she could lay it down.
"your awake? I didn't think you would be awake till later, how are you feeling cloud?", Tifa asked him as he stared at the ceiling.
"I feel like I have failed everyone, I guess I wasn't ready to confront him yet"
"but Cloud you have defeated him many times befor"
"No! he had always retreated, even if he was weak he new I couldn't beat him with the strength I have now. I have to get stronger in order to end his miserable life, if I cant do that then there is no point for my existence", Cloud said looking away from where Tifa was.
"Cloud, don't say that. You can beat him you're the only one who can, no one else. And if you left, everyone would be devastated, I would be devastated, so please don't think like that", Tifa replied with a tear streaming down her cheek.
SLAM! The door to the room was kicked open and Barrett and stopped into the room.
"what the hell is your problem spiky? You go and almost get yourself killed, and further more with out telling anyone", Barrett said
"it doesn't matter who I tell", Cloud said in a calm voice.
Barrett walked over to Cloud and picked him up by the shirt and pined him to the wall.
"every one was worried you made everyone worry, Tifa was her crying her eye's out because she didn't know if you where going to come back hurt or not, or even worse not come back at all".
Cloud looked down towards the floor, and Barrett was getting very inpatient.
"Barrett please put him down he needs to rest and you yelling at him and throwing him at the wall isn't going to help him recover", Tifa said with a worried expression on her face.
"your lucky spiky that she is here to stop me, because if she wasn't I would beat you so bad you wouldn't even be able to walk", as he ended what he was saying he dropped cloud on to the floor. Cloud just sat on the floor, not moving at all. He was coughing a bit because Barrett sometimes forgot about his own strength. Barrett walked to the door and stopped in the door way.
"Tifa don't let him leave, if he does I want you tell me as soon as you find out I don't want to be left in a loop", then he left.
Tifa got up and helped Cloud back into his bed, and pulled the blanket over him.
"Barrett means well, he cares for you. He just has a hard time showing it that's all, he just wants you to let us know if your going to leave again, he wants to help you Cloud, just like everyone else", Tifa said until cloud interrupted her,
"who where you talking to in the hallway?", Cloud asked.
"huh, oh you mean Vincent? He was the one that brought you here when you got injured"
"was he following me?"
"you know Vincent, he's every where even when you don't expect him to be. Well you should get some sleep I'll come check up on you in a bit".
She walked out and shut what remained of the door.
......................................
A couple of hours have past and cloud is just staring at the ceiling. The only thing on his mind was the battle that took place the other day, he had him, he could of ended it right their but he was so worried about how he was going to deliver the last blow to Sephiroth that he forgot that Kadaj was still their. How could he of been so stupid hew thought.
He had to go back and end it forever, he couldn't let him live. He got up and grabbed his boots and put them on, he grabbed his coat and his buster sword. He walked down stair, he looked at the counter of the bar where Tifa had passed out at. He walked over to her and put his hand on her shoulder.
"I'm sorry you worried so much, but I'll make things right so you wont have to worry anymore", he whispered into her ear.
He started toward the door, but stopped. He looked back at Tifa one last time, because this might be the last time he will ever see her, he couldn't be sure.
He walked out the door and shut it quietly. Barrett was standing next to Clouds three wheeled vehicle.
"So where you planning on telling anyone that you where leaving huh spiky?"
"I have to do this Barrett, and I didn't want to wake her", Cloud said as he walked over and got on his vehicle.
"are you sure this is what you want? I mean what about Tifa, she cares for you more than any of us. I guess you could say that she has fallen for you spiky, what are you going to do if you don't come back and she is left here wondering if you are ok and if your ever coming back?".
"I don't expect to come back in one piece, or even at all, I have to end this so that no one else will get hurt", Cloud started his vehicle.
"you better come back alive spiky because when you do I'm going to kick your ass", Barrett said showing a grin as he said it.
Cloud looked at him and nodded and grinned a bit for the first time in a long time.
The sound of the vehicle was so loud it could shake the ground under it. Tifa woke up to the noise, it took her a second to realize that it was Clouds but when she did she jumped up and headed out the door, when she was outside she started to run after him as he took off. Barrett grabbed her by the arm.
"please Barrett let go of me, I have to go after him".
"not this time Tifa, don't worry he'll come back, I still have to kick his ass for all the other times he has left with out telling us. So don't worry, he'll be back"
Tifa looked at the Cloud of dirt that he had left behind.
" He wanted me to tell you not to worry"
Tifa looked up at him.
"not to worry? Not to worry about what?", she said with confusion.
"all he said was not to worry, then he left"
Tifa looked back towards where Cloud had taken off from. She hoped he would come back in one piece, and maybe just maybe everyone could live with out worry.
............................................
Cloud rode on and on until he reached the laboratory where Janova use to be kept. He parked his three wheeled vehicle behind a boulder so no one would see it. He looked up towards the entrance to the laboratory. Their was a man standing their, about maybe 6 foot 4, he wore all black, and had short silver hair. He was another one of Janova's children, his name was Loz.
Cloud grabbed his sword from his vehicle and a couple of other compact blades and put them on his sword's sheath. He headed towards the entrance. Loz jumped up.
"so if it isn't out brother, have you come to play?"
"I have come here looking for Sephiroth, the rest of you are no concern to me right now, so move out of my was".
"I cant do that, I have my orders to protect this entrance, and orders are orders. You would know about that wouldn't you, X SOLDIER".
"then I will move you by force", Cloud said as he gripped his blade with his right hand.
"Does this mean we can play", Loz said getting into his fighting stance.
Cloud examined Loz to check for weapons, the only weapons he had was a long barreled old fashioned hand gun, and a devise on his arm that had a enormous amount of force behind it when he landed a punch with that arm.
"lets begin the FUN!", and they charged at each other.

End Of Chapter 2
Sign up to rate and review this story