Categories > Anime/Manga > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Love Is War

Bombs and War Talk

by BlackEgyptianKitten 0 reviews

Yugi is an average 18 year-old boy, at least until he is sent to war. What happens when he meets his true love? Will this war end it, before the man he loves knows? YYXY

Category: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Romance - Characters: Yami Yugi, Yugi Mutou - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-23 - 1049 words

0Unrated
Disclaimer: I don't own Yu-Gi-Oh or Medal of Honor. If Idid then I would be rich! Rich I tell ya! .:laughing insanely:.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Several Days Later


Yugi sat among many other Japanese men. Some in their teen years, other in their later 20's. Yugi sat nervously on the floor of the boat. There were no chairs or benches. Just blankets and small tables. Many of the men were playing cards or smoking a cigarette. The smoke burned Yugi's eyes and nose.

"Hey." Yugi recognized the deep voice of Yami.

He looked up and watched Yami as he sat next to him before handing him a cup of hot chocolate.

"Here. It should warm you up a bit." Yami said with a smile.

Yugi smiled back and took hold of the silver cup. "Thanks." Yugi said taking a drink.

Yami nodded. "It was no problem. I know a few of the cooks on bored."

Yugi stared at Yami with a small smile. "How long have you bin... uhh.."

"Been in the army?"

"Yeah.."

"Two years."

"What happened to your family?" Yugi mentally slapped himself for the question.

"My father.. Died.. My mother and sister are in Egypt. They are in hiding."

"Oh.."

"What about you? What happened to your family?"

"My parents died in a car crash. I live with my grandfather."

"Oohh."

A hard thump was heard in the ship before water started to spill from the boards.

"WE'VE BEEN HIT!" A man yelled through the intercom. "Evacuate the boat immediately!"

All the men struggled up the two stairs. Yugi soon getting pried away from Yami.

"Yami! Yami! Where are you?" Yugi called over the other men's cries for help as the water started to rise more.

Yugi went up the stairs a bit to look over to see if he could see Yami. "Yami!" Yugi called again.

"Move!" a man called as he pushed Yugi over the rails.

"AG!" Yugi cried before he was surrounded by water. Yugi rose above the water a spat some out. He couldn't reach the floor any more. "Neh! I. Can't. Swim!" Yugi beat at the water trying to keep his head above the salty liquid.

"Yugi!" Yugi heard Yami's voice before he felt Yami's arm around his waist. Yami pulled him towards the rails and slipped him though them before slipping through them himself. "Are you okay?" Yami asked.

Yugi nodded coughing out some more water.

Yami sighed deeply before helping Yugi to his feet and helping him walk up the stairs.

A screech rang through the air before and explosion was seen. Yami covered Yugi's ears and flinched when the 'boom' was heard.

"Commander Atem! Hurry!" one of the men called waving Yami and Yugi down.

As soon as Yugi and Yami were close enough, Yami called "How far are we from out destination?"

"Not to far, sir. A fewmiles away from their docks."

"How many men do we got there?"

"Twenty. And growing now."

"Good." Yami and Yugi and the man walked over to boat. Yugi guessed it was a life boat. They all hopped in and the man started the engine. "Yugi, have you ever bin in war?" Yami asked.

"No... unless you call Medal of Honor going into war. It is a video game."

Yami chuckled. "Close enough for me."

"Where are we heading?"

"Egypt. We are right above it. We are going to enter through the Nile."

"Oh." Yugi gulped. He didn't know how he was going to last. He could barely hold a plastic water gun, let alone a real one.

Yami noticed Yugi's uncomfortable gaze he had as he watched a small piece of land come closer. "Don't worry. You'll be fine." Yami comforted, placing a hand on Yugi's shoulder.

Yugi nodded and waited.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One hour later

Yugi fallowed Yami as they walked down a long hall of the abandoned palace. People that lived in the city, that they had docked in, were all cuddled together with family and friends.

Air was caught in Yugi's throat when he saw a man without an arm. The arm was bleeding and the man was crying.

Yugi looked up at Yami, seeing as he was a couple of inches shorter. Yami looked forward, not taking a single glance at the people.

"Commander Atem. Come. We have a plan." said a man in a blue attire.

Yami nodded and fallowed the man into a nearby room. Yugi stumbled to keep in step with Yami.

"Look." said the man placing a map of Egypt on a table. "Here we are, and here is the blasted enemy. We see that they are moving North, the opposite of the Nile's current. We are thinking they may keep going forward till they get to the Mediterranean Sea. And take over there, making it useless for us to recruit any more solders for a while. We need you and your squadron to go and block them off." he said.

Yami nodded examining the map.

Yugi stood next to him dumbfounded. 'Great. Geography! The last thing I need to know. I suck at it.' Yugi thought trying to understand the map's layout.

"Okay sir, if you excuse me, I am going to see a few of our new recruits. If I may have the permission to add a few to my squadron." Yami seemed to ask.

"Very well. You have permission."

Yami nodded, saluted and left the room, Yugi on his heels.

Yami smiled. "Yugi, do you want to be my first recruit?" Yami asked.

You blinked twice. "Uh. Yeah." Yugi said, nervous at the question.

"Good, you can help me pick some new recruits." Yami said.

'Recruits...' Yugi thought. 'Maybe there will be someone with less skills with guns then me.' Yugi hoped.

To be continued



--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


BE Kitten: .:re-reading chapter:. .:sees reader:. Oh sorry! Looking it over! Well, I'm glad you read this chapter! I worked two days making it!

Yami: Yeah, not including having to search the internet with a good map of Africa. .:smriks:.

BE Kitten: Okay. okay. I admit. I'm not good at geography. Heck, when we took a test on it in Social Studies, or History, you pick, I gat a 70 on it! .:Frowns:.

Yami: .:laughs:. yeah. then she was grounded for it.

BE Kitten: yeah yeah. Well please R&R!
Sign up to rate and review this story