Categories > Celebrities > Panic! At The Disco > Still So Young, Desperate For Attention

Elly

by alyssaatthedisco 2 reviews

A university student who never gets noticed finally gets a break. But, how long will it last? Angst only in parts. Not always romance either.

Category: Panic! At The Disco - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama, Romance - Published: 2006-11-22 - Updated: 2006-11-23 - 2712 words

-1Boring

Amelié stepped off the plane and was immediately ushered by airport security to a large black van waiting for her at the loading zone in front of the main building. The band was waiting inside.

"Hi " They greeted her as if she was their oldest friend. She hugged each one and sat back in her seat as the van started moving.

"How was your flight?" Spencer asked.

"It wasn't too bad. They wouldn't give us anything to drink, so I'm a little thirsty, but over all it was okay." She smiled. Jon handed her his water bottle and she thanked him, gladly taking a few sips.

"Your parents were okay with you coming then?" Ryan asked.

"My mom was all for it, I think she was more excited than I am, but my dad really didn't care for the whole idea."

"Oh no, I hope there wasn't any problems." Ryan asked, thinking that if there were, it would be his fault.

"No." He breathed a sigh of relief. "I mentioned that more well-traveled photos would also be coming out of this trip. He seemed okay with that."

"Good, I'm glad."

"So, um..." Brendon started cautiously. "How is that crazy friend of yours?" They all laughed.

"I made a deal with her." Amelié said. "She promised that she would stop being psycho crazy groupie if I could get her your autographs." She paused. "Is that okay?"

"Of course " They all laughed. "Anything, we just don't want her ending up in jail." Brendon smiled.

"That," Jon chipped in, "And it was also a little scary, so anything to help the cause."

"Is your other friend okay? Not too many scratches?" Asked Spencer.

"He says he'll live. Although he said the claw marks were worse than his cat scratches, which are pretty bad."

"Aw." Jon started up again. "Wait till you meet my cat, Dylan, I think he's love you."

"Dylan is the official Panic At the Disco cat." Brendon nodded. "He's very photogenic. I better watch he doesn't take lead from me."

"Yeah, he's a better singer then you too, Brendon." Spencer joked. A roar of laughter followed.

Finally, the van pulled up to a building that looked like a grande theater, and everyone got out.

"Well, how about that, I don't even get to drop my stuff off." She joked.

"Nope, it's straight to work for you. Apparently, according to higher powers than us, right now, you have to choreograph the dances for the tour." Ryan announced.

"Oh, I see. , where are these higher powers?" She asked, walking into the building, the band following behind.



"They figured you would feel more comfortable with us, and we have the day off anyway." He said. Amelié nodded, moving further into the theater, her head moving in all directions as she took it all in. The guys went along at their own comfortable pace, unfazed by the theater.

"Tourists are so cute." Jon smiled.

When they found her again, she was sitting cross-legged in the middle of the stage, her bags dropped down beside her. She seemed to be in a completely different world as she looked up at the balconies and everywhere, as if she were seeing something no one else could.

"This tourist has big dreams." Ryan sat himself in a chair and called to get her attention.

"Okay, there is a cd player back there and a cd of how we are going to play the songs on the tour." She went backstage and retrieved the stereo and cd and brought it onto the stage where she was sitting.

She put the cd on and let it play so that she could listen to the first song through as she stretched out and put her point shoes on.

"I think you have the ugliest feet I've ever seen." Brendon had a disgusted look on his face.

"Don't think you're the first person to tell me that." She didn't look up, but smiled so that he knew it wasn't bugging her. "When someone tells a dancer she has ugly feet, she'll take it as a compliment. It's a sign that she's working hard."

All the time she was listening to the song, she had ideas forming in her head. Soon after she tied the ribbons on her point shoes, she was leaping around and tentatively working the steps to see if they would fit together smoothly and nicely.

The boys went out for lunch around noon, as they were getting hungry just by watching her. When they asked if she wanted anything, she asked for a bottle of water and a granola bar, explaining that she didn't like eating too much when she was dancing and moving around, it made her feel sick.

Upon returning an hour later, their guts full of burritos and burgers, they brought her the granola bar and a huge bottle of water. They found that she had already worked her way through another song and was working on the nest. She sat down on the edge of the stage her legs dangling off the front. She gulped down a quarter of the water in a few gulps and took a bite of the snack.

"You know," Brendon started. "She would be really handy in a chugging contest."

"I would bet on her." Jon added.

"Especially against Ryan." Spencer laughed, so did everyone else.

"How are things coming?" Ryan tried to change the subject. They couldn't forget the one time he failed to chug a drink, although, it was a little funny.

"Actually, about that,- I was thinking." She stood up, taking another bite of her granola bar and then putting the rest down. "Seeing as Brendon is always making fun of you guys, how would you like the chance to make fun of him?" A unanimous vote rose and Brendon was pushed onto the stage.

"What am I doing?" He asked nervously.

"In this song, there is an instrumental break, right?" So, you won't be doing anything?" He nodded. "Okay, so then you are going to help me." She moved in front of him and stood on her toes. She was still shorter than he was. "Grab my waist and see if you can keep me steady." She took his hands and placed them on her waist. She could feel him grinning already.

"You think this is a punishment?" He laughed.

"Oh it is, because now you know you'll never get farther than this with me." His grip loosened slightly as laughter resounded. She hummed innocently. "Okay, keep me steady." She lifted and bent her right leg at the knee so that he had to concentrate on keeping her perfectly balanced on a point. She immediately tipped over and only just caught herself by placing her hands on the floor to keep herself from falling completely. His hands were still on her waist.

"Tut, tut. I thought you would have been better at balancing with that huge inflated head of yours." More laughter followed, including his own.

After a few more tries, he finally managed it and after she made sure he could hold her in that position three consecutive times for more than five seconds, she moved her leg back so that it was held gracefully above and behind the both of them. Eventually he could hold her like that as well and. Then she needed to see if he could lift her without making it seem like he needed to try too hard. Indeed he could lift her, not very well at first, but once she told him what it was supposed to look like, he got it.

Around ten at night, she finished the choreography and they decided it was time to go back to the hotel and get something to eat, although Amelié insisted on showering first because she didn't want to go around smelling like a donkey- or Brendon, but it wouldn't make much difference, they both looked the same. He took that joke rather personally and so was very quiet on the ride back to the hotel. Once she entered the lobby with them, she pulled Brendon aside to talk to him and the others went ahead to their own rooms.

"I'm sorry that what I said earlier insulted you, and I want you to know that anything I say like that, I do it because I'm comfortable enough around you to do it, and when I do it, it's because I love you. I already feel like I have known you guys forever and it's only been a few days, I would never do anything to intentionally hurt you." She waited to see how he would take it. No sign. "Are we okay?" He shuffled his feet for a moment, looking at the floor. Then he looked up at her, trying to look serious.

"So..." He started, although a little grin was peeking through. "When you say 'love'...does that mean...?"He watched her roll her eyes and he laughed as she pushed him playfully in the stomach and he pulled her into a hug.

"We're okay." Together they walked up to the floor there rooms were on and he went to his and she went to hers to shower.

Afterwards, she met them in the lobby and they went out for dinner. Jon had a mozza burger, Spencer had the chicken ciéve, Brendon had a vegetable stir fry, Ryan had a plate of alfredo pasta and Amelié had a steak for dinner. Jon kept staring at her dinner and watching her eat.

"Jon, what? " Your making me nervous." She threw a french fry at him.

"Sorry, it's just most girls don't eat red meat, never mind steaks." He ate the french fry. "Especially dancers."

"Well, I'm not like most girls." She ate the piece of steak on her fork.

After dinner, all went back to the hotel and she was invited back to Spencer's room to play Final Fantasy. She declined politely, as she wasn't such a huge video gamer, and went back to her room to read "Hitler's Willing Executioners" for the rest of the night.

The next morning, she got up early, grabbed a few pieces of toast and took a taxi to the theater. She stretched out and waited for the troupe of dancers to arrive. She wasn't sure if the boys would be showing up or if it would be the so called 'higher powers'.

Half an hour later, the dancers started showing up, and when they had all congregated and quieted, she stood on the stage and introduced herself.

"Hello, my name is Amelié. I am your new dance captain and-" She was interrupted.

"I'm the dance captain." One girl near the front of the crowd called out. Amelié paused, surprised at the interruption.

"You can take that up with the guys of Panic , but right now, I'm the captain because I'm the only one who knows the choreography." Silence followed at first and then a question from a girl near the back.

"Wait, you know Panic at the Disco?" Amelié nodded.

"Personally?" She nodded again. A slew of outbursts and questions followed.

"Enough " She yelled. Quiet resumed among the ranks. "I do not intend to waste valuable time here. If you want to just sit around and chat, your in the wrong profession." She realized her blood pressure was needlessly rising and calmed herself with a deep breath. "Let's get started. Most of the moves are fairly basic and shouldn't take up much time to learn."

By early afternoon, most of the dances were learned and the troupe was running through the choreography for "I Write Sins Not Tragedies" while Amilié meticulously counted out the beats to make sure they were all on time.

"One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight." She yelled over the music. The song finished and everyone huffed and puffed. "Okay, that was great. A few things, Lara and Stephanie, yo both turned the wrong way, Ken, you missed your cue, but" She paused. "Generally, That was well done. Only a few touch ups to be made on that one. Now, let's run through-" Ken stuck his hand in the air to stop her talking.

"Do you think we could have a quick break for lunch?"

"Yeah!" A voice in the seats rang out. "Let them eat lunch, slave driver!" Brendon yelled. Amelié smiled.

"Okay, you have an hour for lunch. Have fun." The room gradually emptied until the five of them were left.

"Hey guys." She sighed and plunked herself down in a seat in the row in front of them and turned around to talk. "How long have you guys been sitting there?"

"Not long. About five minutes." Jon shrugged, leaning forward and picking up a bag from the deli around the corner. "Here, have some lunch." Five sandwiches were taken from the bad and divvied up.

"How did you know my favorite sandwich is corned beef and mustard on rye?" She asked, surprised when she opened the wrapper.

"We guessed. You seemed like a pretty simple girl." Spencer smiled. After a few minutes of just eating, Brendon started up the conversation.

"How is the dance practice going?"

"It's going really well. Everyone is catching onto the steps quite nicely." She took a sip of the pomegranate iced green tea they brought her.

"Are the dancers behaving themselves?" Ryan joked, taking another bite of his turkey and tomato on whole wheat, but he noticed the slight pause before she answered.

"Yep." She smiled.

"Uh oh. There was too much of a pause there." Ryan said.

"Well, it's just this one girl, she used to be dance captain, but it's no big deal. I just have to put up with it." She brushed it away.

"But we said you were dance captain." Brendon defended her. "We also said you were lead. She should be alright with that."

"That does me no good. They aren't going to believe that coming from my mouth." Silence followed. "Oh well. C'est la vie." She changed the subject. "So, how long do you guys have for lunch?"

"Just over an hour." Spencer put in.

"What are you guys up to today?"

"Just stuff for the tour, nothing exciting." Ryan answered, crumpling his wrapper and putting it back in the bag. "We had to go look at wardrobe and later we have an interview we have to get ready for."

In exactly an hour, everyone started coming back and gathering. The guys felt a little safer when they were on stage, so they moved up there. When it was realized who they were and the general excited mumbling died down, Brendon started talking.

"Alright, alright, everyone settle down. Now, which one of you is the dance captain?" Amelié's eyes went wide with realization. The snobby girl's hand shot into the air.

"I am." She smiled seductively.

"Well, you aren't anymore. Amelié told you that she was captain because we said she was. Out of all the audition tapes, she was the best one. That's why she is captain. Do you have a problem with that?" The girl's face turned ugly and twisted.

"No." She said shortly.

"Good." He waved his hand. "Now, we should get going." He looked at the others who all nodded. Amelié interrupted.

"Um, actually , Brendon, can I talk to you in the hallway for a second?" She pulled him by the arm all the way through the theater and to the hallway.

"You know, for a girl, you actually have a lot of strength, and it's kind of hurting my arm." She let go and whipped around to face him.

"Brendon, that was really mean."

"Well, she was mean to you, she deserved it." He shrugged.

"No, she didn't."

"She wasn't mean to you?" He furrowed his brow, trying to confuse her and make it funny.

"Yes, she was mean to me, but that would have really hurt her pride, especially in front of all those people, and the rest of the band, that's humiliating." He was silent and the rest of the band entered the hallway.

"Ready?" Jon asked.

"Yeah." Brendon nodded and then turned back as he was walking away.

"Sometimes you are just too nice Elly."
Sign up to rate and review this story