Categories > Anime/Manga > Tsubasa/xxxHolic

Sleeping In

by Lyzz 0 reviews

Futurecollegeboy!Watanuki sleeps in. [implied Doumeki/Watanuki]

Category: Tsubasa/xxxHolic - Rating: PG - Genres: Humor, Romance - Characters: Doumeki, Watanuki - Published: 2006-11-23 - Updated: 2006-11-24 - 300 words - Complete

1Insightful
It was a beautiful day. The sun was shining, birds were singing, and the alarm was ringing. Watanuki Kimihiro did not want to get up.

Which was odd in itself, because he was not a lazy person by any means. But today was special. It was his birthday, and if there was ever a day he deserved to sleep in on, it was his birthday. Plus, his life had been quite stressful lately. No one ever said college life was easy, but he hadn't expected it to be so /hard/.

He was in pain; he'd had to move boxes around for Yuuko-san yesterday. Added to that, he'd had to take another job to pay for tuition (though he avoided the subject after being asked sweetly by Himawari-chan why he hadn't applied for a hardship scholarship). Doumeki Shizuka had received a full scholarship (not that he needed it) and had offered to help him. The latter was proud of himself for making his outright refusal somewhat polite.

On top of all of this, he really had not had much sleep at all, though he knew it was partly his fault. Anyway, all of these things led up to his decision to ignore the beautiful day, the shining sun, the singing birds, and the ringing alarm and just /sleep/.

So when Shizuka came home from school that day, he gave the smallest of smiles and tucked the blankets tighter around the sleeping form, resolving to wait until later to give Kimihiro his birthday present, a small velvet box which he had carried around protectively all day, checking his bag every five minutes to make sure it was still there.

After all, it was his birthday.

After some thought, he also decided to try to stop keeping the boy up so late. Maybe.
Sign up to rate and review this story