Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Doll's Resemblance

It Smiles

by sesshyfanchick 0 reviews

o.o...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Kagome, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 1781 words

0Unrated
Omg, here's the next chappehhhhh!! W00t ...D: I'm sorry. Please read and review, but most importantly...enjoy!!

Disclaimer: I do not own Inuyasha or any of it's characters, especially Fluffeh-sama...although...if I did, I'd be getting down and dirty with him like, every night if u know what I mean ~cough cough~

It smiles


Those eyes. Mystifying orbs speckled with brilliant hues of golden light peered through a glistening mass of snow-white hair. Kagome let her mouth drop open, her gaze too transfixed upon the site before her. It was a doll! A doll!

Indeed, the object that had left our poor teenager stricken within an odd stupor was in fact...a doll. A porcelain figurine about a foot long lay lifelessly against the velvet lining of the inside of the box; it's golden orbs staring out into nothingness. Kagome withdrew a finger, stroking against the smooth porcelain of the doll's face.

"Wow, for a doll," she muttered. "It's really pretty." And once again, indeed. The doll was rather a rare beauty to behold. Kagome outstretched a hand, hesitating whether to pick it up or not. Concluding that it would be a shame to keep such a beautiful object encased within the lonely confounds of the box; Kagome lifted the doll up from its resting-place. The dolls neatly combed hair fell like a raging torrent, it's white and silver strands glistening with a bright sheen due to her room's artificial light. It's Sunkist orbs of golden yellow shone with a serene ferocity as she trailed her gaze from the very top of the doll to the very bottom.

The doll's clothes were simple enough; it donned only a plain white yukata. But the sheer stitching of the simple garment was truly enough to satisfy. The yukata was woven from pure silk, it's smooth feel sliding under the flesh of Kagome's fingers. She was still marveling at the pure white paleness of the porcelain color. It matched perfectly against the animosity of its eyes.

"But those weird markings," she trialed off. She rubbed an index finger gently along both of the cheeks of the doll, running down the magenta stripes carefully painted upon its fragile face. Her smile widened as she traced a circle around the moon pattern etched directly in the center of the doll's forehead. "Wow, he even has eye shadow too! This is a boy...right?" She wasn't really sure on the gender of the doll, but she came to the conclusion that it was a guy, for she didn't notice the two familiar round lumps protruding from its chest.

Kagome let a happy smile spread upon the lines of her lips as she closed the lid of the box and propped it onto the desk in her room. Still holding the doll within her grasp, she then set it down leaning next to the box and went back to her bed.

A fresh wave of goosebumps settled itself over her skin, making her give out a brief shudder. She glimpsed the doll from the corner of her eye. Seriously, the doll was beautiful and what not, but truly creepy. It's intense golden orbs pierced her body like daggers, as if it knew a deadly secret and was threatening to torment her with hauntingly freakish stares of infernal decadence for all the years to come.

A brief flash of white light washed through her room. She immediately turned her gaze back towards the doll, and caught a faint glimpse of the light coming from within the doll's eyes. She shivered and rubbed her forearm.

"Freaky," she mumbled. Deciding not to dwindle on the matter any further, she walked over towards her closet and slid open the wooden doors. She yanked out a very long, oversized white T-shirt that went down past her knees and stopped midway between her calves. When it came to pajamas, you didn't have to care what the hell you put on; you just put it on. And Kagome liked that. She closed the closet doors and went back to her bed, sitting on the edge of it and placing the T-shirt on her lap. She suddenly halted and bolted her gaze back up to the doll. Nothing had changed; it was still sitting there, silvery locks of white hair splattered all about the wooden desk.

'I am not gonna' change in here,' she thought quickly. She knew that it was just a doll, and inanimate object that had no scientific reason to care what she did in front of it. Yet, she couldn't help but feel differently. As if something warned her that not all was real in the bland reality that she lived in. She clutched her T-shirt and trotted off across the room, going through her bedroom door and out into the hall.

'Seriously, that doll...' she thought, swinging the T-shirt in her right arm back and forth as she was walking. 'That doll freaks me out. It just...stares. And what's with that white light? I mean, it came from his eyes...at least, I think so. Freaky.' She shook her head and decided to leave upon the thought as she headed towards the bathroom door to change into her pajamas.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

"Did you give it to her?"

Ruby red eyes flickered forth, a mischievous glint sparking like a flame from within its depths.

"Yes I have," a languid voice answered as a small sigh escaped.

"You did not give her your name, did you?"

The red eyes flickered for a second, a shadow of ebony darkness swishing to and fro as the owner of the eyes paced fervently.

"I wish you would not deem me as a common fool," the silky voice mocked. "Of course I did not give her my real name, I gave her a counterfeit."

"You were not supposed to even give her a name." A bright glow of pink light bursted forth, swirling in a mass of cloudy magenta as if it were pulsing with a wretched vengeance.

"My dear, you know not of how this world works," the voice sighed once again, a faint rustling resounding as if the owner were still moving about. "If you simply do not give vital information of further contact, especially when working in a business environment, then trouble could ensue. You have been dead for many a century to not even know that, so I suggest you keep your mouth shut. I have better knowledge on how the humans of today work, that is why I am helping you."

Nothing answered after that; even the swirling mass of pink flickered out into oblivion. The voice gave out a sardonic chuckle.

"Oh, my dear. She looks just like you."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

"Thank you Mama!" Kagome's voice echoed about the house, as the young teenager rinsed her plate in the sink and placed it gently into the racks of the dishwasher.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the food honey," Mama smiled and started clearing the silverware from off of the table. A small black head popped itself from around the kitchen wall, skipping forth and placing its arms around Mama's waist.

"Can we have pizza tomorrow?!" the voice squeaked loudly, excitement clearly evident in its voice. Mama frowned slightly and patted the raven hair of her little boy.

"Pizza?" she questioned. "I don't know, we'll see." The boy's brown eyes sunk in, a frown replacing his jubilant smile.

"Aww, but mom. Tomorrow's Friday!" he explained, waving his hands in the air. "Friday is always pizza day, I mean...it's like...tradition." A hand clamped itself atop of his head and gave a firm shaking.

"Sota, stop bugging her and go play your video games," Kagome commanded, giving him a curt glare. The boy let out a small whimper as he unwrapped his arms from his mother and trotted back into the living room. Kagome could be quite scary at times.

"Alright Mama," Kagome said, giving her mother a chaste peck on the cheek. "I'm gonna' head up for the night." Kagome smoothed out the wrinkles from her oversized sleeping shirt and headed for the stairs leading up towards her bedroom. She had gone down to dinner after she had changed into her pajamas and now she had some homework to do. Kagome made her way down the narrow hall, finally nearing towards her door. As soon as she turned the corner to her room she halted.

Kagome let out a loud gasp. She almost stepped on the doll! Wait...

How exactly did the doll get in front of the door in the first place? Last time she checked...it was sitting next to that box...on the desk. She stared down at the doll, it's face facing towards her. His hair was stretched out about him, like a veiny spider web littered with fresh droplets of morning due. At least it didn't have a freakish smile, like all of those other haunted dolls in horror movies. She probably would have trashed it as soon as she saw a garbage can if it did have a wicked smile. But then, there's the question: how in the world did it get down from the desk? The desk stood at least a good 3 feet high, if it had fallen then it'd be on the floor next to the desk. Instead, it was all the way over here...by the door. Perhaps it was trying to escape.

Kagome shivered. She did not want to think about the possibility of her doll moving and talking. That would be pretty creepy, considering all the horror films she'd seen over the past 16 years of her life.

Kagome bent down and scooped the doll into her arms, heading towards the desk and placing it gently next to the box again. She stretched her arms, her mouth giving out a large yawn. She glanced at her black digital clock that hung by her pink bulletin board. 10:34.

"Boy, we had dinner fairly late tonight," she mumbled to herself. "Grrrr...school. Thank God it's Friday tomorrow." Kagome crawled onto her bed, shuffling her pink blankets from their tucked away position under her mattress. She climbed in, bringing them back up across her chest and scooted her hand towards the bedside lamp sitting on her tiny drawer. Before she shut if off though, she took a brief glance over at the doll. She shivered madly.

She could have sworn she saw it smile.

Oooooooo...oh my!! I noe, a bit of a short chappy, but I don't want the doll to actually move and stuff on only the second chapter of the story, but definitely...next chapter. ;D
PLEASE ENJOY...AND REVIEW!!
Sesshyfanchick, out


Sign up to rate and review this story