Categories > Anime/Manga > Inuyasha > A Doll's Resemblance

It Trickles

by sesshyfanchick 0 reviews

0.o.0...

Category: Inuyasha - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Kagome, Sesshoumaru - Published: 2006-11-25 - Updated: 2006-11-25 - 2342 words

1Exciting
It Trickles


His yukata sleeves swung loosely at his sides as he began to walk towards the edge of the countertop.

"Wait, no!" Kagome shrieked.

Too late. He jumped.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXD

It was like she was watching a movie in slow motion. She watched as he trotted over to the edge, as he gently jumped off the counter top as if he were merely stepping down from a step of stairs. His silver hair was the only thing she saw trailing behind him as he ultimately went forth to meet his demise. She shut her eyes, although she really couldn't see the aftermath of it all from her position. And she waited.

She waited and waited for that resounding crash, the horrifying crack that spelled out his "death". But it never came. There were no noises; she didn't see any porcelain shards flying off everywhere, just...nothing. Kagome placed a trembling hand on the edge of the countertop, afraid that if she let go that she'd topple over. Her mind was mixed with a torrent of dispelling emotions: bewilderment, shock, worry...anger. Why in the hell would he freaking throw himself over the edge like that?! He was porcelain for crying out loud; he'd crack like an eggshell!!

Kagome edged herself over towards the place where he supposedly met his demise, and as she peered over the table...her eyes widened.

'Oh my god, oh my god!' she thought in panic. He wasn't there! The damn doll wasn't even lying in a pile of broken pieces as she thought he would, there was nada! Her heart was thumping loudly, so loud that she was afraid she might wake up the rest of her sleeping family upstairs. She could already start to feel the threat of fear slowly climbing up into the dark rebounds of her mind.

"Don't think of the scary movies, Kagome," she mumbled to herself, shaking her head to clear it of any morbid thoughts. She really didn't want to spook herself out like that anyway. She knew that her awkward situation would fit in perfectly in a manuscript for the next "Haunted Doll Movie", but her mind wasn't willing to dwell on that thought just yet. All she knew was that she had to find him. If he wasn't lying on the floor in a pile of broken pieces then that must mean he was still out and about and moving somewhere in her house. Kagome shivered.

She willed her feet to move from their position pasted onto the marble kitchen floor. She was already giving in to the idea of scouting out and finding him, she had to. She wouldn't jeopardize herself and especially her family. If he turned out to be a blood-lusting killer doll, then she was only to blame for her careless mistakes.

Kagome made her way across the kitchen floor and stopped in front of a wooden rack that was sitting on the counter. She guided her hand towards a row of black stubs jutting out from the rack and gently slid the biggest one out. She stared at the steel blade, a glimmer of light reflecting off of the polished metal. If she was about to go scramble throughout her house in the dark at god knows what time, then she'd better have at least some sort of protection with her. He could be anywhere, just waiting for a perfect moment to pounce onto her back and slit her throat with his claws.

'Oh lord, he has claws doesn't he?' she thought to herself. How could she have missed that!! It wasn't as if everyday you got a doll with razor sharp talons sticking out of its hand. Her mind reeled to a picture of a Bratz doll sitting on the floor with a wicked evil smile upon its oversized lips, licking its claws freshly lined with blood.

'Oh, scary thought!' she thought quickly. Kagome took a deep breath and brought the knife to her side. She was going to need all of her courage for this one. She walked over to the light switch and flicked it down with a simple push of her index finger. It was better if the lights were off. He was as freaking white as a bed sheet bleached with Clorox; he wouldn't be that hard to miss in the dark.

Kagome stepped foot out of the kitchen, turning into the living room. She scanned the large expanse of darkness, her eyes unwilling to travel up the flight of stairs to her right. She was afraid that she might see him at the top of the stairs, sitting down and staring at her with a murderous glare.

'Just stick with the living room,' she told herself, trying to calm the whelm of fear threatening to burst forth. Her teeth were practically rattling! Everything was dark, so very dark. She could easily flip on the light switch, there was always that option, but if she did, then it'd be harder to find him. He'd probably blend in with the carpet and the walls. Plus...the light switch was all the way across the living room. She made her way through the living room, placing her hand on the top of the couch to act as a guide. She did this without any trouble, until...

"Ah-!" she screamed but quickly shot her hand over her mouth to quiet any escaping noise. Her hand had crept up upon something white and fluffy and...breathing. She glared at the ball of fluff nestled lazily on the couch.

"Buyo..." she muttered into her palm. She clenched the handle of the knife in her left hand while she brought down her other hand from her mouth. "Stupid cat, I swear..." Her ears perked and her eyes widened as she heard a slight clinking sound, as if a miniature man with a pair of expensive tap shoes were making their way across the floor. Her hand which held the knife started to tremble, her heart rate quickening in its pace. She heard him! He was still alive! And he was moving around somewhere...in the dark.

She stared into the kitchen. The clinking noise hadn't come from there; it was very faint when she had heard it. Kagome thought a moment. Where else would there be any type of hard soled floor in her house? Her eyes lit up with a mix of anticipated fear. The upstairs bathroom!

'The upstairs bathroom...' she thought gloomily. Great, now she was going to have to travel upstairs. She glimpsed up the flight of stairs behind her, staring into the blackened depths of the hallway. She really didn't want to go up there. It looked...spooky. If only her mother were awake, then she'd be able to help and at least somewhat soothe her bewildered nerves.

"Mama!" she whispered aloud. Her entire family was up there! They were safely tucked away in their beds, behind closed walls, but...they never closed their doors to their rooms. Kagome sighed. She had to go up there; she couldn't risk the consequence of not going. She bid Buyo farewell by lightly smacking the top of his furry head and slowly made her way towards the flight of stairs.

Once she got at the base of it, she stared up into the darkness. Was she really going to go up there? To search for a ghostlike doll that may be hazardous to her life? Kagome nodded and sighed. She stretched out a trembling hand and placed it upon the railing of the stairs. With one final gulp of breath, she began to ascend the steps. Each time she bobbed up, a new level of fear began to spring to life all the way up her body. With each step, she gripped the knife in her hand even tighter.

Finally, Kagome was staring down the narrow hallway, a faint light from her room the only source of guidance as to where she was going. She continued to trail her eye of sight further down the dark corridor until her eyes rested upon an open doorway. The bathroom.

Why? Why in the name of all that was holy did the bathroom have to be the last damn door all the way down at the very end? She began to move again, gliding her feet down the hallway. She peered into her mother's bedroom, where her eyes were greeted with her mother still safely snoozing in her bed. A layer of worry quickly diminished at the sight of that. Next was her brother's bedroom. She quickly glimpsed in. She smiled. He too, was also safely sleeping away in his Teen Titans blankets. She really didn't have to worry about her grandfather's bedroom, since he wasn't currently there to be in it. He went away on a "business trip" to Osaka to exchange rare, historical items with another shrine keeper. She doubted he was only there to do business. She passed by her room, watching as the moon peered in through her window illuminating her bedroom with a splendor of pale light.

She turned her head away and continued on her journey to the bathroom. The goosebumps began to prickle away through her skin again as she neared closer. She was almost about to enter inside when a loud crack shook throughout the hallway. Kagome almost screamed out into the open air, but fortunately her hand made it to her mouth on time to quiet her from doing just that. She quickly spun herself around, knife outstretched and glowing with the faint moonlight pouring out from her bedroom door. Something had made that noise from somewhere in the hallway, and she could guess who probably did it. But...she wasn't going to stick around to find out.

'To hell with this!' she shrieked in her mind as she bolted towards her room, slammed the door and jumped under the covers of her bed. She sat there, huddling into herself while she brought the blanket over her head and encased herself in it. She made sure to grip the knife away from her, still clutching the handle with her left hand. She had heard something, a very loud something. She took a few moments to calm her shaky breath, breathing in and out to steady herself.

"It's alright, your safe now," she whispered to herself. Indeed, she felt that way. Her door was closed from all the sounds echoing off around her house, especially the hallway. And she was under the covers, tucked away in a warm blanket of comfort. Besides, weren't the blankets a symbol of security when it came to situations such as these? It always worked in the movies...

Kagome quieted her breathing, trying to push away the sense of panic and fear she had felt earlier. She should continue to search for him, it wasn't as if she was going to be able to sleep comfortably knowing that there was a living doll moving around inside her house at night. With that final reasoning, she slid the knife out from within her temporary sanctuary as her hands gripped the blankets and slowly pulled them down. She grabbed for the knife that lay soundly next to her thigh and made to set it down on the drawer next to her bed, but...something stopped her from doing so.

Kagome let out a loud gasp, accidentally jutting the knife near her wrist where it left a slightly deep gash. The blood began to ooze out, seeping down the length of her arm to pool at the crease of her folded elbow. He sat there on her little drawer; hands neatly tucked into his lap, cold eyes piercing into her like golden daggers. His hair and "skin" had been illuminated with a silvery hue, due to the moons casting of its pale light. One would think him a miniature ghost instead of a doll, but how would you even be able to tell? Either one was pretty freaky.

Kagome's mouth hung open. His presence alone had the power to suspend her in terrifying fear. She couldn't even rationalize that there was a steady trickle of blood raking along her arm. She couldn't feel the pain, not as if she wanted to anyway. She never liked to admit to any weaknesses, faults in her personality or lifestyle. Coward, never. Selfish, not in your life. Scared, hell yes. She was terrified. Terrified by those orbs of piercing gold. Terrified by his majestic glow of foreboding evil. Terrified of his emotionless self. He didn't even have a smile of narcotic pleasure plastered onto his face; there was nothing. Just a thin line, a straight thin line. No interest within his eyes, no anger, no appeasing pleasure in her jostling...absolutely nothing. And that's what terrified her the most. His emotionless mask. The fact of seeing nothing but a cold stare was chilling, especially when that cold stare was directed solely at you.

She watched as he shifted in his seat, as he gently jumped off from the drawer onto her bed. She watched with a sort of fascinated horror as he made his way over towards her. His silver tendrils of hair brushed softly against her skin as he kneeled against her and stared at her arm, as if he were watching how the blood still slowly trickled down her flesh. She instinctively inched away, trying to get her body as far from him as possible. The movement didn't seem to phase him for he did not move, he merely gazed at her arm. Then, his head lowered ever so slowly. Kagome's eyes widened magnificently as she felt something wet slide across her skin, and it wasn't the blood either. His head lifted slightly, silver bangs cascading over his eyes as they shown through a glistening curtain of white hair. His eyes, they peered up at her (think Kadaj). Red, the color of her blood dripped off of his elegant chin, his face expressionless.

"Human blood has a foul odor."
Sign up to rate and review this story