Categories > Cartoons > Delilah and Julius

One Evening

by cassandra 3 reviews

It's a one-shot/songfic. With the song One Evening by Feist.

Category: Delilah and Julius - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-27 - Updated: 2006-11-28 - 625 words - Complete

2Moving
Delilah and Julius were sitting on the couch, barely a foot apart.

It was night and they were the only two in the living room. They were watching some action movie, although both of their minds were on something else or rather someone.

Delilah stared at the back on Julius' head. She had this dreamy look on her face. Julius looked back at her, but when their eyes met, they both looked away. Delilah blushed, 'Shit. He saw me staring at him'

Julius thought about that look he had seen on Delilah's face. He knew that look. It was the same look he had on his own face, whenever he thought about her. 'She feels the same way.' He wasn't asking himself if she felt the same about him as he did for her. From that look he knew that she loved him back.

Julius' head was still looking at the T.V. but his body was slowly sliding closer to Delilah. Julius stopped moving as their sides touched.

Delilah took a deep breath in as her temperature began to rise.
_________________________________
The evening was long, my guesses were true
You saw me see you
_________________________________

Julius leaned his head closer to Delilah and turned his head to face her. With his mouth practically touching her ear, he whispered, "I love you too."
_________________________________
That something you said, the timing was right
The pleasure was mine
_________________________________

They looked at each other. Julius had a sincere look in his eyes. Both of them closed their eyes as the moment they have been waiting, so long for, finally arrived. Their lips met.
_________________________________
The time and the place, the look on your face
Sincerest of eyes
If you're ready or not, the state of our hearts
There's no time to take
_________________________________

Delilah combed her hands through Julius' hair as their shared their first kiss.
_________________________________
When we started both brokenhearted
Not believing
It could begin and end in one evening
_________________________________

Julius pulled back from Delilah and put his arm in front of his face, as a bright light came shinning through the window. It was Al. Early Scarlett got mad at him for ordering food to the academy. So now he had to go out.
_________________________________
We were caught by the light
Held on to the day till it became ours
The minutes went by, the cab is outside
There's no time to take
_________________________________

Julius looked out the window and saw Al carrying a bag into the academy. "We can't do this."

Delilah sat upright, "Why, was it something I did?"

"No." Julius placed his hand on Delilah's jaw. His hands were so smooth and comforting on Delilah's soft skin.
_________________________________
When we parted, moving on
And believing it could begin and end in one evening
_________________________________

Delilah sat still as she waited for Julius' answer. It took him awhile, but he finally managed to say it, "We can't let our relationship get in the way of our work. Believe me I care so much for you and it pains me to say this, but we have a very important and dangerous job."

Even though she didn't want to, she understood what he was saying. She nodded her head in agreement and they shared one last kiss.

They shared their first and last kiss in one evening.
_________________________________
When we started both brokenhearted
Not believing it could begin and end in one evening
When we parted, moving on
And believing it could begin and end in one evening
____________________________________________________
There it's done. I'm aware that it's not my best work, I wrote it about a week ago when I was bored and I love that song, Feist is amazing and I bet you guys have never heard of her, oh well. Everybody has different taste in music.
Sign up to rate and review this story