Categories > Theatre > Wicked > Fallen Under Your Spell: The Story of Fiyero & Elphaba

Chapter Five - A Changed Mind

by WickedMadness 0 reviews

Will Elphaba go through with it?

Category: Wicked - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Fantasy, Romance - Characters: Elphaba, Fiyero - Warnings: [?] - Published: 2006-11-28 - Updated: 2006-11-28 - 692 words

0Unrated
A/n: Sorry it took so long to finally update...I had some trouble with this chapter...
Anyway... I was reconsidering how I was going to unravel this story...so many ideas in my tiny little head. Also I have decided that I'm just going to go with the flow of the characters, attempt to keep them in character, but it's so hard to keep up with the amazing work of Gregory Maguire.
I wasn't sure if I had wanted this to be short or elongated... but anyway here's the update. Enjoy!
Oh! And before I forget... I may not update awhile after this because I recently got Son of a Witch and I may be too into the book to remember to write up another chapter lol. I'll try though...


"We need to talk..."
Fiyero's eyes awakened and thought, this couldn't be good....
They released from their embrace and he looked at her curiously.
She repeated the dialogue over and over in her head a tedious amount of times, so why had it gotten so difficult to say it now? A lump seemed to have formed in her throat now, and she struggled to swallow it back down. It was too persistent and refused to go anywhere.
I must make due with what I'm dealt then, she thought.
She heaved a sigh, and looked into his deep eyes.
He searched her for a sign of what might be going on, for he was starting to feel uneasy when she was silent for so long.
"Fae..." he started.
"No, Fiyero. I need to talk. It's important."
She shifted her body uncomfortably and her eyes wandered, as if searching deep down for the words she knew she had to say out loud.
"Yero ... I ..." she stammered.
Screw this, she said in her head.
"Yero I just wanted to inform you that I am indeed sorry for what had happened before and I will try not to let it happen again," she let out quickly with one short breath.
As she said it, she slowly backed away from him, as if he was made of water and would burn her at any given moment.
He reached out for her but she turned and started walking quickly in the other direction, but he was faster and grabbed her wrist before she could get away.
"Elphaba, what in Oz is up with you?" he exclaimed as he made her face him.
He could see the tears welled up in her eyes, and decided upon a softer tone of voice.
"Yero..." she whispered as a single tear ran down her cheek.
He wiped it away, letting his thumb linger on her cheek to soothe her pain she was clearly suffering from.
He lifted her up in his arms and carried her to a log they had made into a seat to sit by the fire, and as he held her in his arms he rocked her slowly side to side.
She rested her head on his shoulder and softly said in his ear, "I Love You."
He kissed her forehead and continued the rocking.

*

A few hours later, when the fire had died down, Fiyero lifted Elphaba's chin to look into her eyes.
"Elphaba, please tell me what's wrong," he pleaded.
She nuzzled closer, "Fiyero, I am so afraid of us getting caught and something happening to you. I don't know what I would do if I ever lost you and..."
He put a finger to her lips to silence her babbling.
"Is that what your worked up about?" he asked in an almost relieved tone. "Fae, you will never have to worry about that, ever. I'm never going to leave your side again. I'm in it for the long haul and all you need to know in that worrisome head of yours is that I love you."
She looked at him, admiring all he had just said.
She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him softly.
"Thank you," and she kissed him again.


A/n: sorry this was such a sucky chapter. I really do apologize, but the next one will be 200 times better!
Sign up to rate and review this story