Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > These Things I'll Never Say

Wanna go to the dance with me?

by toonyweeny 3 reviews

... I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. "Wanna go to the dance with me?" This should be the part where I brace myself for rejection but Atlanta agrees and I spend the rest of the day smili...

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-11-27 - Updated: 2006-11-28 - 1058 words

2Original
A/N thanks to all my awesome reviewers for my last story! i seriously didn't think that anyone would have liked it... thank you!

Pairings (forgot this in the last story, but there was hardly any romance in it.):A/A, very mild J/T

The monotonous voice droned on and on. My head felt so heavy. The room was so warm... my head hit the table. One thing about hitting the table is that it hurts. I was immediately jolted awake. Just in time to hear Mrs. Evergreen say," - and the performance will be for those thick-skinned people who think that they can sing and in reality can only emit one or two intelligible screeches. However, there are a few who can sing and if I have any of that sort of students, please come to me after class to get the application form. Class dismissed."

The bell rang. Mrs. Evergreen's accurate timing was a school mystery. Us fortunate souls who get to be her students could get out exactly at 12 30 hrs sharp. Mrs. Evergreen was a good soul. She ensured that we stayed awake during proper lessons and gave us the occasional treats such as home-made cookies and treated us to pizza on her birthday. Don't be fooled by her wording. It's just her way of communicating with the students.

Another reason I enjoyed Mrs. Evergreen's classes was because the red-haired girl of my dreams was one of my classmates. She, unlike me, was one of the few studious students and therefore always sat in the front row. It was a pity. I would never sit in the front. It terrifies me to be so close to the teacher, though I'll never admit it.

I walked out of the classroom. Atlanta and I always met after class outside the room. Today, however, she wasn't there. I waited for a while, before deciding that she had probably gone to the cafeteria. It wasn't like her to leave without waiting for me. Maybe she had to go meet a teacher. I made my way to the cafeteria.

Atlanta wasn't there. I sat down at our table and waited for the others to come. The 'others' were my roommates, and my best friends, save for Theresa. We saved the world from an evil Greek god named Cronus. They were one of the poor souls who had to stay back after class because their teachers lost track of time.

They were finally here. "Have you guys seen Atlanta?"

"I thought she was in your class," Jay replied.

"Yeah, well, I didn't see her after class. I wonder where she went."

"You don't think that she'll be in any trouble, right?" Jay said, worried.

"Nah. Atlanta can take care of herself," I replied. Still, Jay had a point. What if she was in trouble?

I realized that my worries had been unfounded when I went up for gym. Atlanta was running around on the track.

"Atlanta!" I called out," Where were you during lunch?"

I noticed that she seemed a bit nervous. "Oh, I was just... running."

Having been with her for just over a year, I could tell that she was lying. But I won't press her for the truth. She'll reveal it in the end. She always does.

~pandas rule~



"- and the singing competition will be held on the same day as the school dance. In fact, the competition actually provides the music! Now isn't that lovely? Note the sarcasm."

The class laughed briefly before Mrs. Evergreen continued," About the school dance, students will have to have partners. So, for those couples, it would be a great time for a little, alone, time together."

The grin sidled off my face. There was only one girl I could ever think of dancing with and that was Atlanta, and I could barely work up enough courage to ask her to go to the mall with me, where we will be walking two feet apart. When dancing, there will be a lot of physical contact and, oh hell.

"How, oh how, can I ask her? What if she finds out that I like her? What if she rejects me? What if that question completely destroys our friendship? What if-"

"Arch. Chill. Seriously, she won't find out about your crush. She'll just assume that you're asking her as her best boy space friend. And at most, she'll just say that she doesn't want to go to the dance with you. It can't possibly destroy your relationship."

I took a deep breath. "You're right, Jay. I'll just go up to her and ask her if she wants to go to the dance with me. No problem."

"Well Arch, here's your chance," Jay said, and pointed behind me. My nerves backed out on me and I couldn't move. Jay nudged me with his shoulder. And again, only harder, but I still didn't move.

He sighed, and called out," Atlanta!"

The redhead in question turned around and yelled back," Yeah?"

"Archie wants to talk to you!"

Oh no. Here she comes now. With her beautiful hazel eyes and her sweet, sweet smile. When she opened her mouth to speak, I swear, an angel must be singing out the words.

"Yes, Archie?"

I snapped out of it. "Erm, Atlant-ta. Wannagotothedancewithme?" Oh no. the words were all in a jumble. Great, I told myself, now you're just acting dorkier than ever.

"I'm sorry?"

I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. "Wanna go to the dance with me?" This should be the part where I brace myself for rejection but Atlanta agrees and I spend the rest of the day smiling to myself.

"Oh, er, well, about that, I can't, Arch. Sorry." And she walked away.

I was crushed. Ah well. I'll just go alone then. Either that or I'll just enter the singing competition. or not attend the dance altogether. Nah, I'll go to the dance. I just won't dance. Not dancing at the dance. Weird.

But why did Atlanta reject my little proposal? Did someone else ask her first? Is she going to the dance at all? Does this have something to do with her lying about why she had missed lunch? I just hope she'll come clean soon. I might start worrying.

A/N Alright! that's chapter 1! please do leave a review. thank you!
Sign up to rate and review this story