Categories > Games > Final Fantasy 7 > Final Fantasy 7 Cloud's Adventure (Based on the game)

Final Fantasy 7 Cloud's Adventure (Based on the game)

by maiuat 1 review

Cloud Begins he's long Adventure well trying to remeber about his on past and what had really happen 5 years ago

Category: Final Fantasy 7 - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama, Humor - Warnings: [!] [V] - Published: 2006-11-30 - Updated: 2006-11-30 - 2471 words

-1TrainWreck
The stars flickered brightly, neatly illuminating the vast darkness of space; it was before dawn in the industrial city of Midgar and a carefully combed flower girl emerged from an alley into the already busy street. She carried, hanging from her arm, a basket full of beautifully scented tulips and intended to sell them all before the end of the day.

Meanwhile, not far away, a train arrived just outside the nearest Mako Reactor. The two guards at the station could barely have conceived the train to be hijacked; but it was. They soon realized something was wrong when, following a loud punching sound, someone fell off the train and hit the pavement in a rather painful fashion.

The guards exchanged a nervous glance and approached the fallen person. They had barely taken a few steps when, from inside the train, emerged a stout looking, braided-hair woman.

"Hey! Who are you?" one of the guards shouted, raising his weapon. The other followed suit but was interrupted by a similar commotion not far down the tracks as yet someone else burst from the train. This man said, to the woman, "Jessie, quick! He's coming!"

And the two guards, who were suddenly feeling very confused, were knocked down in a quick flurry of fists. Jessie stood over them and grinned. "Piece of cake," she muttered and Biggs was at her side.

"C'mon," Biggs signaled and they exited the station.

A few seconds later a large and robust man walked out of the train. His skin was black, his brow creased and his willpower an everlasting fire; he was, in fact, the leader of Avalanche.

"C'mon, newcomer. Follow me," he ordered and, from yet another carriage jumped a sturdy young man, his untidy blond hair rippling as he shot through the air. He landed on the station ground with a tidy spring in his step.

Before he could follow his partners, though, the ex-Soldier ran into a short guard who had decided to inspect the strange disturbance.

"Who are you?" the guard asked, turning to him.

"Nobody," the ex-Soldier said and, in the spiral of a silver sword, the guard was on the ground nursing a wounded belly; blood ran from the cut as he fell.

The ex-Soldier stepped forward and finally left the station. Jessie and Biggs, after having teamed up with their fellow Wedge, were waiting for him outside, at the entrance of the Mako Reactor grounds.

"Wow! You used to be in Soldier, all right!" Biggs said, honestly impressed. Wedge nodded approvingly. "Not everyday ya find one of you guys in a group like Avalanche."

"Soldier? Aren't they the enemy?" Jessie spat, frowning. "What's he doing with us in Avalanche?"

"Hold it, Jessie," Biggs turned on her. "He WAS in Soldier. But he quit them and now he's one of us. Right?"

"Yes."

"Didn't catch your name," Biggs raised his eyebrows expectantly.

"Cloud," he said, sliding his sword into its sheath on his back.

"Cloud, eh? I'm-"

"I don't care what your names are," Cloud interrupted. "Once this job's over, I'm outta here. All I need is the money."

Biggs shrugged and Jessie shot him an "I told you so" look.

"The hell you all doin'!?" It was Barret, the leader of Avalanche. "Thought I told you never to move in a group!" He stopped in front of them and pointed at the locked gates of the Reactor. "Our target's the North Mako Reactor. We'll meet on the bridge in front of it."

Jessie nodded and opened the gate to the Reactor grounds with one swift swipe of a fake entry key-card. Jessie, Biggs and Wedge rushed inside the courtyard.

Barret avoided Cloud's eye. "Ex- Soldier, huh? Don't trust ya!" he said, and followed his team.

Cloud, who could not, frankly, give a damn about whether Barret trusted him or not, entered the Reactor courtyard. He was pleased to find that all guards had been already taken care of; Cloud grinned upon the easy money he would later acquire.

The Mako Reactor stood high in the dawn. Cloud hurried across its plain, barren grounds and headed into the Reactor facility. Jessie shut, and jammed, the sliding doors as soon as he went in. The air inside smelled weird and strangely glossy.

Barret was waiting for him. "Yo! This your first time in a reactor?"

"No," Cloud said, rolling his eyes. "I DID work for Shinra, y'know. It's not like I'd forget a place like this."

"The planet's full of Mako energy. People here use it everyday; it's the blood of the planet," Barret started. "But Shinra keeps suckin' the life out of it with these damn machines."

"I'm not here for a lecture. Let's just hurry."

"That's it!" Barret stomped his foot on the metal floor. "You're comin' with me from now on."

After deciphering the code to the next set of doors, Jessie and Biggs slid them open with apparent ease and they all proceeded to the elevator. After a quick "who's going, who's staying", Barret, Cloud and Jessie boarded the large elevator and descended.

"Little by little the reactor'll drain out all the life," Barret continued. "And that'll be that."

"It's not my problem," Cloud sighed.

"The planet's dyin', Cloud!"

"The only thing I care about is finishin' this job before security and

the Roboguards show up," Cloud snorted and Barret appeared to burst with anger.

The elevator came to an abrupt stop and the small group jumped out. There were no guards. Smoke rose from the floor and engulfed the corridors like living mist. Barret coughed disdainfully.39

"I'll wait here," Jessie said. "The Reactor must be up ahead. Go on. Be quick about it."

Upon hearing this, Barret set off down the corridor. The next area was huge; he found himself on a tight ledge overlooking a lengthy descent. Underneath him, though, Barret could make out a sizable platform. Looking around, he spotted a ladder on the left.

"Cloud, hurry up! We're going down," he barked.

"I'm right here," Cloud said, stepping up beside him. "I've always found the architecture in these places to be a tad dubious. Why so much simply to house a reactor?"

"Oh. That's the most you've said to me since we met," Barret laughed gruffly.

Cloud didn't reply. Unassumingly, he approached the ladder. "Coming, then?" and Barret hurried forward.

They climbed down the seemingly endless ladder and found themselves on the platform. Looking around, they saw that it had an extension to the other side; at the very opposite end sat the Mako Reactor.

Silently, they approached it. Peering over the edge of the platform, Cloud squinted at infinite darkness. In it, somewhere, somehow, must be the Mako energy.

They stopped in front of the Reactor. It was a huge piece of machinery built into the wall, creeping up it like some kind of genetically developed hybrid vine made out of metal, brass and steel.

"When we blow this place, it ain't gonna be nothin' more than a hunka junk," Barret said. "Cloud, you set the bomb."

"Shouldn't you do it?"

"Jus' do it! I gotta watch to make sure you don't pull nothin'," and he smirked unpleasantly.

"Fine, be my guest," and Cloud strode forward. He took out the small explosive capsule from his leather jacket but stopped. It was tiny. It was the thought that something so miniscule could destroy an entire Reactor.

Abruptly and unexpectedly, Cloud felt a cutting and immensely painful headache. He fell. "Watch out! This isn't just a reactor!!" said a tinny voice in his head. Maybe.

And, as suddenly as he had lost it, Cloud regained his sense.

"What's wrong?" Barret asked.

"Huh?" Cloud still felt uneasy.

"What's wrong, Cloud? C'mon, cut the crap and set the bomb," Barret demanded.

"Yeah, sorry." Cloud shook his head. He was okay. He clicked the ON switch and placed the capsule, hidden, in a crevasse of whirring pipes, screaming artificial barrels and flashing lights that indicated the Reactor was working fine. However - not anymore.

"Heads up, here they come!" Barret said, only seconds after the monotonous alarm blared into the silence. Cloud turned around and noticed a massive and impressively scarlet-colored Guard Scorpion robot heading in their direction.

"Pretty sharp alarm system, huh?" Cloud commented. "Goes off at the mere touch of the Reactor?"

Barret sniffed, unimpressed. "What do you think? Fight it?"

"How much time do we have until the bomb blows?" Cloud asked, reaching back and grabbing the handle of his sword.

Barret wiped a quickly accumulating gob of sweat off his forehead. "I think I set it for 10 minutes," he muttered, fearfully.

"Ok," Cloud said, and he tried to sound calm. "Let's get out of here."

They ran forward. The Guard Scorpion was very close, now; it attacked the pair with a machine gun attached to its "claw". Ingenious robot, Cloud thought. He jumped aside.

"Barret, look out!" he warned. But Barret was surprisingly prompt on his feet and evaded the bullets; not by much, though.

They crossed. The Guard Scorpion stopped but Cloud and Barret ran on. The Scorpion turned, fast, and lashed at Barret with its tail. A fine blade was attached to it. Once again, Cloud found himself praising the robot. He didn't want to admit it, but he still admired the Shinra company altogether.

Too late - Barret hadn't seen the rushing tail. The Scorpion seemed to smile, Cloud spotted. But it missed.

"The hell was that!?" Barret shrieked, feeling the tail whoosh by his neck behind him.

"Don't worry about it. Run!"

The Scorpion, recovering from its slip, fell behind. They arrived at the ladder and leapt upon it. They climbed, not looking back once.

Reaching the top, they speedily crossed the narrow path back to the corridor with the elevator. Cloud couldn't help it; he bent around and took one more look at the platform below them.

The Scorpion had disappeared.

Cloud stopped. "Hey, Barret!" and Barret stopped, also. They stood there, in silence, for just a moment.

"Let's go," Barret said. "7 minutes, Cloud, we've got 7 minutes!"

Reluctantly, Cloud ignored the disappearence of the Scorpion and followed Barret back to the elevator. Upon entering the corridor, they heard shouting. Grunting. A gunshot.

It was Jessie; she was being attacked by two guards. There was a third already on the floor, unconscious. Jessie was bleeding from her left leg.

Without thinking, Cloud unsheathed his sword and cast it forward. It licked the air and obediently buried itself in the chest of one of the guards. He fell, and Barret had his machine-gun ready before he even reached the floor. The second guard, now alone, threw himself against the wall after realizing he was quite possibly going to die soon.

Jessie knelt down as the pair arrived. She ripped off the sleeve of her jacket and, wincing painfully, wrapped it around her injured leg. "You ok?" Cloud asked, sliding his sword out of the guard's chest.

"I've been better," she laughed, and looked up. Cloud was standing there, holding out his hand to her. She took it and his firm grip swiftly helped her to her feet. "Thanks," she muttered.

"No prob," and he smiled at her.

"You done? We've got 5 minutes to leave this joint if we don't want to die!" Barret reminded them. Jessie pressed a button on the wall and the elevator doors slid open. She and Cloud got in.

"You're going to die anyway," the second guard wheezed, suddenly. "This is just the beginning for you all. The world holds many dangers. Mortal perils. You dare defy the Shinra company and you will die!"

"Shut up," Barret said, and punched him to the floor. "Now, let's get outta here."

They stood in the elevator for almost a minute. It rose, steadily but creakily, to the top. The doors finally moved to the side; Biggs and Wedge were waiting for them.

"You're cutting it a bit fine, aren't you?" Biggs scolded, then ran for the exit. Wedge followed closely. Jessie left the elevator first, Barret next and Cloud last. The doors closed behind him.

It was barely morning when the Mako Reactor of Sector 8 in the city of Midgar erupted into a dazzling, albeit violent, shower of fire and burning steel. For a moment, it painted the sky deep rouge then dissolved, tranquil, into the sunrise.

"That should keep the planet going," Biggs said, just outside the sizzling grill of the burning Reactor. "At least a little longer."

"Yeah," Wedge agreed, admiring their work. They were all there. All safe. The mission had been a success.

"Think they'll finally take Avalanche seriously?" Jessie asked, to the group.

Barret shrugged. "Dunno. We'll have to wait and see. This was our first major blow to the Shinra company. Hopefully, it won't prove inconsequential."

They all nodded their heads, standing by the side of the fire. Hopefully, Barret had said. Or maybe not. It was, after all, only a hope.

"All right, let's move out!" Barret shrieked. "Rendezvous at the Sector 8 Station. Split up and get on the train!"

Everyone went their own way. Barret was about to leave, too, but Cloud grabbed his arm. "Wait."

"If it's about your money, save it 'til we're back at the hideout," Barret said, noncommittally.

Cloud let go of him, although not really wanting to.

"Meet us at the Sector 8 Station if you want it," and he left.

Cloud didn't move. He didn't have anything to lose, really, so he sprinted out of the junk yard that was now the Mako Reactor and, after navigating a particularly confusing set of dark alleys, found himself in the street. People ran from one side to another, in panic; they didn't know what was happening. They wanted to leave, confused. Shinra soldiers walked among the crowd, insisting it was all okay, everything was going to be fine, Shinra would take care of it.

"Excuse me," somebody said. It was the voice of a girl. "What happened?"

Cloud turned around to address the voice. "Nothing." He was instantly taken aback by how beautiful and strangely graceful the girl was. "Hey, listen..." he started, upon noticing the flower basket she carried on her arm. "Don't see many flowers 'round here."

"Oh, these?" she blushed. "Do you like them? They're only a gil...?" she trailed off.

"Really?" Cloud said, searching his pocket for any stray coins he could, unknowingly, be carrying. "I'll buy one," he announced, handing the flower girl one small coin.

"Oh, thank you!" she replied, genuinely appreciative. Tenderly, she plucked a bright and yellow tulip from her basket. "Here you are!"

"Thanks," Cloud said and stuck the tulip into his shirt pocket. The flower girl giggled. "Well, best be on my way," he said. "Stay away from the burning Reactor!"

With that, he turned and ran down the street.
Sign up to rate and review this story