Categories > Celebrities > My Chemical Romance > Pins and Needles

Chapter 2 - Part A

by MikeyWay 8 reviews

Gerard wakes up in hospital. Mikey tells him what happened and things start to get really weird from there.

Category: My Chemical Romance - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Angst, Drama, Humor - Characters: Bob Bryar, Frank Iero, Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Ray Toro - Published: 2006-12-01 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 1461 words

1Funny
This is only part A of chapter two in this three chapter fic. Chapter 2 was too long to post all at once so I had to split it into two parts. I'll update as soon as I can but it's hard to find the time to type this up on the road. That and I only just got the computer back. It disappeared into one of the bunks for a few days and now it smells funny.
Enjoy and review, please.

...

sigh Gerard says 'Hi!'

Disclaimer: I own myself, as do the guys.

~



Part A

After lapsing into unconsciousness, I remember hearing loud sirens what seemed like an eternity later.

But just as quickly as I came to, I feel back into the darkness and the silence was deafening...

~`~

The first thing I heard when I next woke up was some weird beeps and clicks... and breathing.

Wherever I was, there was someone else here.

I slowly tried to pry my eyes open and immediately slammed them shut as harsh lights flooded in.

A small groan escaped my lips and I heard the person next to me shift.

"Gerard?" they said.

"Mikey..." I sighed. I opened my eyes again and this time the pain of the harsh lighting was not as bad. My eyes slowly adjusted to the light. I looked over at my younger brother.

"Hey," he said softly, a relieved smile on his lips.

I licked my lips moisten them. "Hey," I rasped "Where am I?

"You're in a hospital," he told me.

"Why?" I had to know.

"When we tried to wake you up this morning you were almost dead." He said.

"Why?" I asked again, licking my lips.

"Um..." he looked around for a second "They're not sure."

"Mikey," I said in the most commanding tone I could muster.

He sighed "They said it was an OD on Cocaine and Crystal Meth."

"WHAT?!" I cried. I licked my lips again and tried to gather saliva in my mouth. My lips and mouth were so dry. "Mikey, you know I wouldn't do drugs again. I've been clean for 6 months and I'm loving being clean. I wouldn't revert back to that filthy habit!"

"We already figured that out," Mikey said calmly.

"How?" I asked, I licked my lips again "Can I have some water?"

Mikey picked up a foam cup with a straw in it from somewhere just out of my sight and placed the straw to my lips. I drank some of the cool, clean water and then stopped. I wanted to greedily guzzle it down but I knew if I did I'd make myself sick.

Mikey set the cup down and answered my question "Frankie was awake all night and would've seen you if you'd gotten up. He knows you didn't leave your bunk from the moment you crawled into it to the moment you were removed by the paramedics." He paused to take a breath "Ray went back to the bus about an hour and a half ago to check your bunk for any syringes or anything like that but he couldn't find any."

"Huh?" now I was confused. I thought I'd been here for days "How long have I been here?"

"Um..." he paused to think "Well, the doctors think it's been about 4 or 5 hours since the drugs were introduced to your system and you've been in hospital for almost two hours now."

"Wow!" I muttered. I was starting to feel a bit funny. Not in a bad way, but in a really really good way. "I thought for sure it'd been days!" I giggled.

"Hey, Mikey-tike," I called "What time is it?"

He looked at his watch "Uh... about 8:30. Why?"

I shrugged and sat up quickly, riding out the wave of dizziness by clinging to the bed. "Whoa! Headrush!" I giggled again.

Mikey stood "I'm gonna go let the doctor know that you're awake," he said to me and then left through the door.

He obviously didn't have to go far as I could still see him through the slightly open door.

"He's awake," I heard Mikey say "But I think it's in full effect now. Over the last 10 minutes..." Wow, it's been 10 minutes? "... his pupils have been dilating slowly and now you can barely see the green of his irises."

I stopped listening at this point because it was too boring.

I swiped the strands of stringy black hair from my face and stared at my hand. There was something red on it.

Something wet hit my lips and I instinctively licked it off. It tasted coppery.

As I tried to figure out this puzzle I looked towards Mikey. I decided to ask him.

"Hey, Mikey?" I called.

"Just a minute, Gerard," he called back.

I looked down and blinked in surprise at all the red. It was all over my chest and lap.

"Cool," I said "Look at all the blood." I looked towards the door "Mikey! Mikey!"

"Gerard, just a minute," he replied.

"But this is so cool," I said staring down at myself "Lookit all the blood..."

"Blood?" I heard Mikey's and female's voice echo.

Mikey and much shorter female doctor walked in and I saw their eyes widen as they stared at me.

The woman rushed from the room. 'Maybe she's squeamish,' I thought.

Mikey crossed the room to my side.

"Gerard, pinch your nose. Okay?" he said kindly.

"'kay," I mumbled lifting a hand.

"No, Gerard. That's your forehead," Mikey sighed "A little lower."

My hand fell to my lap.

"No, Gerard! That could not be further from your nose!" Oops...

I tried again "Ow! My eye!" I cried.

Mikey sighed, exasperatedly. I felt his hand grab mine and move it a little to the left. He then adjusted a few fingers to hold my nose.

"Pinch," Mikey commanded me. I did. It hurt a little but I figured he probably had a good reason.

Soon, the doctor and some nurses flooded into my room and managed to stop the blood flow a little while later.

Apparently, my nose had been pissing out blood from both nostrils. How did I miss that? I giggled and licked my lips.

"I feel dizzy," I announced. I then fell backwards, hit my pillow and was claimed by unconsciousness before anyone could do anything.

~`~

I licked my lips as my eyes fluttered open again.

"Hey, Gee," I heard Mikey say.

I turned my head and looked at him. I felt a stupid grin grow on my face.

"Heya, Mikey!" I exclaimed "What happened!"

"You passed out after your nose bleed," he said.

"Oh," I sat up and looked around.

"They had to transfer you to another room 'cuz there was too much blood on the bed and in the mattress," Mikey was watching me curiously. I could feel his gaze.

"Well! That certainly explains why my friend the brown blotch isn't there anymore," I said pointing at a random wall in the sterile white room.

"Huh?" Mikey was confused "What are you talking about, Gee?"

Actually, I had no clue either.

I licked my lips and asked "How long was I out?"

"About 30 minutes," was the calm reply.

"Oh," I could think of nothing else to say and instead looked out the window in my room. A pigeon sat upon the sill. "Damn pigeons!" I yelled "You know what, Mikey? I hate pigeons! They live in huge flocks, fuck everywhere and shit on everything! They act like they own the world?!"

I saw Mikey look down at his watch and groan as I continued to ramble.

"And if you feed one, a whole fucking flock of those flying rats suddenly appear! I swear I've seen little old ladies be consumed by them pigeons. The pigeons are evil, Mikey, pure evil."

About 30 minutes and a long rant about pigeons later, Frank entered the room and Mikey left, muttering something to Frank about how he had to watch out. I don't know quite what he meant by that.

Frank sat down in the seat Mikey had just abandoned, nervously.

"And you know what, Frank?" I began "Those pyramids in Egypt, what's with them? They're just big piles of stone! I mean you could build one in your back yard!

I watched as Frank looked at his watch and groaned. I swear I heard him mumble something along the lines of, 'Just 30 minutes and then it's Ray's turn' but I can't be sure.

I continued "I mean, I know they're used for burying King's and their shit, but why would you wanna get buried in one when you have to go through mummification. Do you know what mummification entails, Frankie? It entails having your entrails removed and your brain pulled out through your nose and..."

~
Sign up to rate and review this story