Categories > Cartoons > Class of the Titans > The Lies of a Dream

The Lies of a Dream

by Hellee 5 reviews

After a terrible encounter with Cronus, Theresa has to leave her friends behind and get on with life. But what if her friends were just a dream?

Category: Class of the Titans - Rating: G - Genres: Angst, Drama - Published: 2006-12-01 - Updated: 2006-12-02 - 970 words

1Original
The sun was starting to rise and all I could do was stare at it. Blood was covering my delicate hands, and my faced was stained with dirt and tears. I couldn't bear to look around, or otherwise I'd end up like them. I didn't want to leave them behind, but I had no choice. They had been taken, and I had been spared, and now I had to live knowing I would never see them again.
I slowly walked, my legs feeling like lead. I could only move on. The sun was nearly fully up. I remember always watching sunrises with my friends. They were so magical to me; they made the sky light up for a new day. A new day was now, a new day without my friends. I knew I couldn't bring them back. Persephone always told me bringing people back from the dead was a difficult task, and not many people had succeeded. AND she pointed out I was far too young to do it. So there goes that idea.
I guess I never really thought they'd die. If anything, I thought they'd live forever. It seemed that way whenever we fought side by side, never losing a battle. We had definitely lost this battle, and Cronus was still out there, figuring out a way to finish me off before I found him. He couldn't have gotten far; he looked very injured when Atlanta had shot his neck with her laser crossbow.
I stopped dead in my tracks when I stepped on something: Neil's mirror. I slowly bent down and picked it up. One of the panel's was cracked and his photo was ripped up. I looked at myself in the mirror. This is the face of the last survivor of a team of heroes. A face that would never seem real anymore. Hera was relying on me to get back; I had to get back to the gods. I continued along, Neil's mirror in my hand. The sky wasn't the normal blue, but a deep crimson colour that to me, looked like blood. Why the sky was this colour at this time of morning, I will never know. Maybe it was one of the many twists to come.
I stopped, slowly turned around and looked at the six fallen bodies of my friends, all in awkward positions, and covered in blood. I fought the urge to cry. Their end wasn't meant to be now. They had so much to look forward to in life. I had lost my love, my best friend and the great times we always had together. I turned back to the sun and started walking again, the tears freely falling down my cheeks now.
I looked up ahead and saw a light. That was where I had to get, back to the gods, and back to my friends. I started towards it, but every time I reached it, it was out of my grasp. With my hand reached out, I could feel the warmth of the light, but suddenly, the light was getting farter and farther away until it was just a dot on the horizon. Everything went black, and then I heard strange voices:
"She's coming back...she's steady now. She was very lucky," one said. Who were they talking about, me? I heard someone walking around and some murmurs of other people. I slowly opened my eyes and looked around the large hospital room I was in. My immediate thoughts were my friends.
"JAY!" I yelled and sat up. My dad was at my side in a flash.
"THERESA! You're okay, I was so worried," he said kissing my head and hugging me. He let go of me, tears in his eyes.
"Are Jay and Atlanta alright? They aren't dead are they? What about the others?" I asked. My dad looked at me, confused.
"Who's Jay and Atlanta? And these 'others'?" he asked. I stared at him.
"Dad, you know who I'm talking about, my friends from New Olympia? I've lived with them for the past two years?" I said. My dad shook his head.
"Terri, you've never been to New Olympia," he said. I stared at him for a moment.
"W-what?" I said slowly. My dad sat down on the hospital bed and took my hand.
"You were in a car accident with Isabel three months ago, and have been in a coma ever since. Only minutes before you woke up, we nearly lost you. You haven't been to New Olympia in your life," he said. This struck me as odd. Was he saying I had imagined the whole thing? The Gods hadn't summoned me and six others to a school do defeat Cronus, the God of time?
"No, you're lying. Where are my friends?" I demanded. My dad shook his head and stood up.
"Theresa, I'll be at home. If you need to contact me, call the office," he said and opened the door. He looked back at me and smiled. "Just get some rest."
He closed the door behind him. I sunk down into the blankets and stared at the door where he had just left. I couldn't have imagined it; there was no way I could've done two years of obstacles and battles in a three month coma.
I racked my brain to think back at where I had last been with them. Something sharp was poking me in the leg under the blanket. I pulled them off and took out the object that proved it wasn't a dream: Neil's mirror.

This story came to me in a dream...nah, that's kinda creepy. Hope you liked it and more chapters should be on the way. Rate and review
Hellee
P.S, does anyone know what the characters last names are? I have no idea!
Sign up to rate and review this story