Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Let's Spend Tonight on Top of the World

Is it all a lie? Well, one thing's for sure.

by radioactive 1 review

Not much of a chapter. Sort of a filler. Hopefully the next one should be added after this.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 335 words

0Unrated
"Hello?"

I breathed deeply and pulled a hair out of my arm, wincing at the sting. "Hi. It's me."

I heard William's sharp intake of air. "Hi."

"What's going on with you?" I asked, then wanted to smack myself. Calling William back was a totally horrible idea.

It had been another week of searching for a job since I'd walked out. Sunday morning it was, and I'd been so sick of calling places like Target, Panera, Starbucks, even a Wal-Mart, and asking for a job, that I'd decided to call William and chat it up.

Bad, bad idea.

It was turning about to be the worst phone call ever, and trust me. I'm single. I've had many bad phone calls. Fo'sho'.

"Trying to find a new bartender for Generation Mod." I could feel the insult in his voice. Or was it sting? The hatred? It made me want to curl up in a corner and start...bawling, or something.

"Look, Will, I'm sorry, but I couldn't do that again. I couldn't screw it up for everyone all over again," I protested, biting my lip. I started pacing across the apartment, thinking I shouldn't have done this at all.

"You won't, I wouldn't let you!" William said, desperation bubbling in his voice.

"I promise."

I stopped walking across the kitchen, dodging the dirty dishes on the counter. I should stick to paper plates.

"What about /this/," I said in a suggestive voice, "you and me meet at Starbucks or somewhere and get a caffiene buzz. You know. You can tell me why you think I should come back. And I'll tell you why I think I shouldn't."

"I hate coffee."

"Panera?"

"Tell you what, you be out in front of your apartment complex at two-thirty this afternoon, and I'll pick the place."

I laughed. "Okay. I'll see you then."

"Bye."

We hung up and I checked the clock.

It was ten thirty. I should probably get on the move, if I planned to look halfway decent.
Sign up to rate and review this story