Categories > Games > Final Fantasy X > Memories of a Guardian

Day 34, Year 8 of Braska's Calm: Luca

by helluin 0 reviews

A brief moment of relaxation before the pilgrimage begins in earnest.

Category: Final Fantasy X - Rating: G - Genres: Action/Adventure, Drama - Characters: Lulu, Other - Published: 2006-12-02 - Updated: 2006-12-03 - 255 words

0Unrated
Luca. How many times have Wakka and Chappu dragged me here? I find myself missing both of them, their energy and enthusiasm and endless rambling about this tackle and that form of pass (none of which they've mastered). Yet it's strangely liberating to be visiting Blitzball Central without my exasperating Aurochs in tow.

I was startled to find Lady Ginnem eager to watch the exhibition matches, and I startled myself to discover how much of the game I've absorbed through watching friends. For once, I was Ginnem's teacher, explaining to her rules and techniques, and she seemed amused by my embarrassment that I found myself recognizing nearly every athlete. And missing one. Chappu's still learning and still growing, but the Aurochs may finally have a glimmer of a chance in a few years with his arm on the team. In the meantime, I confess it was a pleasant change to watch two skilled teams playing well. The Goers still won, of course, but the Psyches and Fangs put up a good fight.

After the day's matches, we went to the sphere theater hoping to collect more information about the Calm Lands. Unfortunately, their library is geared towards entertainment, and we gave up the search quickly. Word of Lady Ginnem's pilgrimage is beginning to get around. Curious spectators and well-wishers kept gathering wherever we went. Two seamy-looking gentlemen kept asking if she wanted more Guardians. Should I be insulted?

I'm looking forward to the Highroad. There, hopefully, I'll be permitted to blast anything in our way.
Sign up to rate and review this story