Categories > Original > Drama

Triplets

by Crawlerette 0 reviews

Zeus spend some quality time with his new infants... or not.

Category: Drama - Rating: G - Genres: Humor - Published: 2006-12-05 - Updated: 2006-12-05 - 518 words - Complete

0Unrated
The birth had been long and hard, even with the help of a goddess of childbirth on hand, but at long last... they were here.

Three new bassinets were formed in a half circle in the former storeroom, now nursery. Each was decorated in the darkest of blues, with gold suns and silver moons hanging down in mobiles over each. The room was silent but for the delicate sniffles of the new lives that had arrived into the house. Zeus approached them and leaned over, unable to stop from grinning down at the babies below.

Alektor and Aetos, his sons. Aure, his daughter. Dozens and dozens of children, and he still never got over how beautiful babies were. Especially his. The fact that they had been conceived and born one after another made them even more tiny than usual, and as he slowly picked them up so that they were all lying against his chest, he knew he could easily hold them all in the palms of his hands if he wished. Thankfully, experience had taught him this was rather foolhardy.

Both boys were blonde and blue-eyed. Of course. Zeus fought the urge to roll his eyes. But Aure was the first of his children with Alana to have his mortal wife's dark auburn hair and eyes. It was she who opened her eyes first, staring up at her father with a sort of peace that the god could only dream of now.

"[Hello, my little treasure,]" he whispered, stroking back some of her stray hair. "[Welcome to our world.]"

Aure didn't seem to much care for the world, instead favoring to whimper and wriggler further into the warmth of his chest. Zeus found a rocker chair, a gift from someone or another, and sat down. He'd have to enjoy these tiny creatures while he could. Children grew up fast, even the ones who weren't of godly parentage, and it seemed that the time went by all too fast for him to realize it was speeding past him at all.

"[You gave your mother quite the trouble,]" scolded the god softly. "[Six whole months, one belly, three babies... And all that damned cheesecake.]"

The babies slept on.

"[It's going to be rough out here. You'll find that out soon enough, I'm sure. But at least you will always have each other, hm?]" He sighed and leaned back into the chair, absently rubbing their backs whilst rocking in the chair, back and forth, back and forth. "[You'll be lucky that way. And you have the largest family in the world to support you. If you ever have need, they'll be at your beck and call...]"

Aetos sneezed. Unimpressed.

"[Bless you. Bless you.]" The exhaustion of the day finally started to rear its ugly head, and Zeus yawned. A quick nap wouldn't hurt. The babies wouldn't fall, not on his watch, and gods knew he hadn't gotten sleep since Alana's water had broken. His eyes fluttered and then closed. And before long, the former king of the gods was spending the first few precious hours of his childrens' lives... sleeping.
Sign up to rate and review this story