Categories > Cartoons > Biker Mice from Mars > Old Friends

Origin of the Bikes!

by RavenChild 1 review

Here we learn who originally designed the special bikes.

Category: Biker Mice from Mars - Rating: G - Genres: Angst - Warnings: [V] - Published: 2006-12-05 - Updated: 2006-12-06 - 1713 words

0Unrated
Chapter 3: Origin of the Bikes!

Janice and Vincent arrive at the loading bay on Titian in record time. Vincent's mother, Valerie Van Wham, stands waiting as her son returns home. She cannot believe it has been six years since he left to join the war against the invading Plutarkians on Mars. Her face showed many mixed emotions. Glad, because she was going to see her son again. Sad, because his best friend is terribly ill, and nervous with wonder how Vincent might handle the outcome of Julie's fate.

As soon as Vincent started coming off the ship, Valerie begins running up to him with open arms. Vincent saw his mom, so he too opened his arms out to welcome her hug. Instead of wrapping her arms around Vincent's body, she clasped her hands on his cheeks. She turned his head slightly to have a better look at the metal mask on his face.

"What happened to your beautiful face?" She screeched with anger and concern.

All the time he had spent fighting Limburger and his henchmen on planet Earth, Vincent forgotten how his mom might react to the mask on his face. He knew someday that he'd eventually have to explain to his mom about the mice's encounter with Carbuncle, Limburger's mad scientist.

"Ah, Ma. It's just an old scar I got from the war." He responded quickly.

"Is a scar so bad that you need to hide your face behind a metal mask?" Valerie inquired questionably.

Vincent sighed knowing that it is very difficult to hide anything from his mom. "Alright, there's this mad scientist named Carbuncle. He tried to turn me, and some of my friends into cyborg minions. But we managed to escape before any more damage was done. And besides, the look isn't that bad." He finished with a smirk.

Valerie raised an eye ridge in wonder. She then decided to shrug it off. There are more important matters to deal with right now.

"Well, as long as you are still safe." She sighed. "Come, Julie has been asking for you."

Vinnie and Janice start following Mrs. Van Wham to her plum color bike. At the same time Vinnie and Janice whistled for their bikes to come off the ship. A cherry red bike, and a white and teal bike came roaring out of the cargo bay of the ship and skidded to a stop in front of its owners. After Vinnie and Janice got onto their bikes, they followed Valerie to a familiar old neighborhood.

********

BACK ON EARTH

"I didn't realize that most of the white mice migrated to Titan." Charley said in a shocking tone. She continues to prepare lunch for the mice.

"Well, it did happen a long time ago." Throttle explains. "We were all just young children at the time."

"I remembered my grayed-furred mamma trying to explain the problems with some of the clans were having with jobs, housing, and desert gangs." Modo says. "Personally, I never really understood at all why you had to leave your home world to live on another planet, or moon in this case." He adds looking at Mandy and Kerry.

"Well, I'll be the first to admit that we white mice can be quite arrogant, not to mention hot headed at times." Mandy shocks everyone by saying.

Charley stands frozen with a plate of hot dogs, "Gee, I never noticed." She muttered behind a chuckle.

"What Mandy is trying to say is that many of the adults of our clans didn't want to feel dependent on every other mouse clan on Mars. They found Titan to have much of the resources that Mars has." The redheaded mouse explains.

"Besides," she continues with a confident smirk. "I believe it was a year later when some of the minors on Titan discovered a rare metal and had built these bikes from it." Kerry jerks her thumb towards their bikes that are sitting quietly by the garage door.

"Oh yeah, I remember that..." Throttle thinks back.

Charley puts down the plate of hot dogs and Throttle and Modo practically dives right in, each grabbing their share.

"What's this?" Kerry asks suspiciously, pointing at the plate of hot dogs.

"They are called hot dogs." Charley explains as she too grabs one from the plate.

"The best delicacy on this side of Mars." Throttle says before taking a huge bit from his hot dog.

"Really?" Mandy raised an eye ridge, unsure to trust his judgment on fine food cuisine.

"Sure, Vinnie goes crazy for this stuff." Modo adds with his mouth full.

"Well. In that case," Mandy reaches to grab a hot dog for herself. Kerry also takes one as well.

"If Vincent likes them then they can't be too bad." Kerry says. Both girls bite down on their hot dogs and began chewing. After allowing their taste buds to sample the flavor the two of them swallow with an approving smile.

"Mmm, delicious." Mandy cheers.

"Told ya." Modo says with a smirk.

Before any of them could take another bite a huge explosion erupted a few blocks down the road.

"What's that?" Mandy and Kerry cry out.

"Limburger," Modo and Throttle smirked.


********



-Flashback-

A YEAR LATER, ON TITAN!

Both Vinnie and his mom have moved in with Julie and her dad. Life starts to improve for the white mice on Titan. A whole civilization has grown and profits begin to soar in the mining industry. Apparently many caves on Titan are filled with a rare element that many big corporations around the galaxy are looking for. The metal is called Ruthenium.
Ruthenium is a hard, white metal and has four crystal modifications. It does not tarnish, its highly heat resistant, and is the most effective hardener for platinum and palladium. It is alloyed with these metals to make electrical contacts for severe wear resistance. The white mice wasted no time in sharing this metal with the rest of the mice on Mars. Both planets are now in the trading business with each other..
Thanks to some new technology from Mars, new computerized bikes are made with this metal. These new bikes are voice activated, and will recognize their owner's whistle as a homing beacon. The mice from both planets find this to be great since they are all love to ride.

Julie's father is one of the head managers of the mining company. As a hobby he also designs bikes. He has been working long hours and is fortunate to have Valerie and Vinnie around to help look after his daughter. As he sat in his office den, he looks out his window to see the beautiful planet, Saturn, in Titan's sky. The sound of his daughter and Vinnie laughing in the yard brought his attention down to them. He smiled proudly at them as they played.

The scene of the children playing had him so focused that he didn't notice a figure approaching from behind him. Two feminine arms suddenly rapped around him in a warm snuggle.

"Hi Valerie." He coos.

"Whatcha doin', Russell?" Mrs. Van Wham's soft voice sang sweetly in his ear.

"I'm designing a new bike." He responded to her.

Vinnie's mom looked down on the design on the paper and smiled. "It looks nice. Much different from the other designs."

"I'm thinking of painting it cherry red."

"Red is one of my favourite colors." She purrs.

"When this bike is finished it will be slightly faster then any other bike." Russell announces in a proud tone.

Valerie moves around and sits on Russell's lap. "You are so creative." She smiles seductively.

"Well, this is just a hobby. The real scientists are the ones that make the big bucks selling these machines." He admits.

"I'm sure this design will blow them all away." Valerie again purred as she inched her face closer to his.

"You are one major distraction, you know that?" Russell said as he slowly moves his face up to hers.

"Hem, what can I say... I'm a Van Wham."

Both Russell and Valerie touched lips. They rapped their arms around each other in a tight embrace. Without knowing, two pairs of eyes are watching them from outside of the window.

"Eeew, they're smoochin' again." Vinnie cringed.

"I wonder why the grown-ups like doing that?" Julie asked with interest.

"Who knows?" Vinny rolls his eyes skyward. "It's gross if you ask me."

"Come on... Don't you want to try it sometime?" Julie teased.

"I don't know I'm just a kid." He shrugged.

"Why don't we do an experiment?" She then chimed.

"What kind of an experiment?" Vinnie innocently asked.

Julie chucked before answering, "Hello, kissing..."

"Eeew," Vinny again cringed.

"Come on, you..." Julie says as she grabs Vinnie's hand and leads him to a nearby bush.

Once they are out of view, both Vinnie and Julie sit and stare blankly at each other.

"So, what do we do now?" Vinnie asked timidly.

"I'm not sure." Julie answered honestly. "Maybe we should sit closer?"

"Er, ok."

As they moved closer to each other their little hearts began to beat faster.

Vinnie swallowed a lump down his throat. "Ok, what's next?"

"I think we bring our faces in closer."

"S-s-sure."

Whether it was nervousness or the fact that they both just wanted this experiment to end quickly, they rushed their faces into each other a bit too fast.

"Ow!" Julie and Vinnie shouted while rubbing their throbbing foreheads.

"M-maybe we shouldn't move in so fast." Julie suggested.

"Yeah."

This time they both slowly move in closer to each other until their lips touched. For a brief moment neither of them moved. The moment felt as if time took a stand still. It wasn't till they realized they were still kissing, Vinnie and Julie pulled back with shocked looks on their faces.

"Wow." Vinnie gasped.

"That felt better then when we butted heads." Julie commented.

"Actually, I thought the butting heads part was rather fun." Vinnie giggled.

"You're weird." Julie says as she punches him in the arm.

"Hey, I'm a boy... what do you expect." Laughed Vinnie. He starts to reach for her and tries to wrestle her to the ground.

The two of them reverted back to goofing around as kids would. The kiss has been forgotten.
Sign up to rate and review this story