Categories > Original > Romance > At First Sight...Sorta

At First Sight...Sorta

by sunarlily 0 reviews

Zac had no idea his life could get any better than it already was...until he caught a glimpse of something he'd always wanted.

Category: Romance - Rating: G - Genres: Romance - Published: 2006-12-06 - Updated: 2006-12-06 - 678 words

0Unrated
Chapter 1

"How do you always look so fabulous?"
Carmen picked an imaginary piece of lint from the front of her blouse and smiled smugly. "It's a gift. Besides, you look great! I can't design my own clothes like some people I know."
Raven copied Carmen's smug smile. "I do look good, don't I?"
Carmen rolled her eyes as the limo pulled into the theater. "We're here."
Raven picked her bag up from the floor and turned to her new friends. "Thanks for coming with me tonight, especially at the last minute."
Carmen checked her lip gloss in the compact mirror she kept in my purse. "No prob. This is infinitely better than my original plans for the night. I can wait to see that movie, but I'll probably have ice cream later anyway."
Raven shook her head as the car rolled to a stop. "Showtime."
The two girls checked each other's teeth, then got out of the car, greeted by hundreds of flashing bulbs...



"Yeah, it feels great! We're really happy with how the movie came out, and we hope everyone enjoys it."
The reporter smiled. "Thank you, Zac. Congratulations and good luck."
"Thanks." As the reporter turned to her cameraman and signaled "cut", Zac turned to Ashley and let out a breath he didn't know he was holding. "Man, this is crazy," he said as he and Ashley posed for another picture. "I really didn't expect this."
"Come on Zac, you should be soaking it all in!" Ashley exclaimed. "This is your first big movie premiere." Ashley nodded her head over to the crowds gathered behind the velvet rope. "Besides, you wouldn't want to disappoint all of your new girlfriends, would you?"
Zac looked over at a particularly excited group of girls that had been screaming non-stop for the last 30 minutes, even after he had given them all an autograph, a hug, and numerous pictures. "Very funny."
"I agree. It is kinda funny." Vanessa smiled.
"What's funny?" Corbin said as he, Monique and Lucas joined them. None of them had the chance to say more, because the press immediately began clamoring for a group shot of the entire cast. The six of them stood for photos, smiling and laughing. Suddenly, there was a big stir at the beginning of the red carpet. The photographers that had been taking the cast photos shifted their attention to the ruckus, seemingly forgetting all about them.
"Who's upstaging us at our own premiere?" Lucas asked incredulously. The group turned to see who was causing the commotion.
"Oh...my...GOD!" Ashley began clapping her hands together from excitement while Monique and Vanessa clasped each others' hands and squealed. "I can't believe she's here!"
"Who?" Zac asked.
"Carmen! Look!"
Zac turned his head...and all coherent thought slipped away. Past the flashing bulbs, the clamoring reporters and the screaming fans...stood the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. Her cobalt blue eyes sparkled and shone as she smiled for the flashing cameras. Her hair hung in dark waves down her back and shimmered in the fading sunlight. The white blouse she wore with a stylish pair of jeans complimented her skin tone beautifully, and her outfit was completed be a pair of open-toed white heeled sandals and simple hoop earrings. Her smile sent a shaft of pure sensation straight up and down Zac's spinal cord, traveling to the very end of every single nerve, then settling in his heart. He didn't realize he was standing completely still, staring at her in awe until...
"Zac? ZAC!!"
He jerked as if shocked with a bolt of electricity, then looked down at Vanessa. "Huh?"
She raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?"
"Enjoying the view?" Ashley asked with a smile.
"I sure am," Corbin said, admiring Carmen from afar. "Ow!" Corbin rubbed the spot on his arm where Monique had dealt him a sound slap, as one of the technical guys working on the movie came up to them.
"It's time, guys."
"Thanks Paul," Vanessa said, and then turned to her fellow cast members. "It's showtime."
Sign up to rate and review this story