Categories > Celebrities > Fall Out Boy > Let's Spend Tonight on Top of the World

& now I feel like I don't know you..

by radioactive 4 reviews

Another update in the same day, I think we're all hallucinating.

Category: Fall Out Boy - Rating: PG-13 - Genres: Drama, Humor, Romance - Warnings: [!] - Published: 2006-12-07 - Updated: 2006-12-08 - 870 words

2Original
The bass, like I remembered, made my feet feel like they were vibrating away from my ankles, about to re-attach themselves to someone else's ankles. The night was still young (nine) and I was standing behind the familiar bar counter, looking around offhandedly.

Patrick was sitting in a corner by himself, but as I studied him, a girl who wore tortise-shell rectangle frames with blond hair introduced herself. They talked, and a second later she sat down with him.

Joe was off dancing with someone or other...Gabrielle? I couldn't really remember. It was either her or some other worker. I told him earlier he should get a job here so he can just see them all the time, but since they're just visiting it wouldn't work out.

Andy was standing outside, tapping away on his SideKick. I swear, it was a life-sucker. He wasn't going to meet anyone if he didn't get off the concrete wall and out of the Florida heat.

And, last but not least, Pete was talking to Will, who was by the door, helping the bouncer check I.D.s. Already that night, Pete had spotted about six fake ones, and I'd been summoned to watch the door with Pete while Will called parents.

And now as I leaned against the counter, re-living memories from the past nights I'd worked at Generation Mod, Joe's 'fro popped out of nowhere and right into my face.

"HI!"

I jumped a foot off the ground, then glared at him. "What was that for?!" I demanded, rubbing my shin where I'd hit it against the counter.

"I'm bored," he stated, hopping onto the counter and perching there, watching the club. He looked at me. "Are you bored?"

"I can't be bored. I'm working," I said with a laugh as I stole a soda from the mini-fridge Will kept stocked for me under the counter.

Joe flicked my elbow and I stood back up, another glare on my face. "What?"

"You really shouldn't lean over like that, I can kind of see your boobs."

Leave it to Joe to state the obvious untactfully.

"Thanks, Joe," I said, handing him a soda with caffiene.

He raised an eyebrow. "It was a compliment," he said, then popping the top off the soda and taking a drink of it.

"How is you telling me you can see my boobs a compliment?" I wondered aloud, just as Pete walked up, a smirk on his face. "Who's showing who their boobs?"

My face turned red. "No one."

Joe laughed. "She was thinking about having a wet t-shirt contest, Pete. Tell her she so should. My God, imagine how much fun she'd be with alcohol!" he laughed again, kissing my cheek.

"I'm not drinking," I said firmly.

Joe and Pete ignored that. Pete crossed his arms and said, "So you'll have a wet t-shirt contest, but you won't drink?"

I rolled my eyes and ducked under the counter again to grab Pete a soda, trying to cover my chest. As I stood back up, Pete and Joe were both looking in that area.

"Would you guys just act mature for about five seconds?" I asked.

Pete laughed. "Joe? Mature? Just be glad he hasn't asked you to have sex with him yet."

I blinked at him and looked at Joe. "Seriously?"

Joe smacked Pete across the head and said in a loud voice, "I do not ask women to have sex with me!", earning strange looks from anyone around us. Joe flushed and tried to change the subject.

"So, Michelle, when is Will gonna promote you to slutty dancer?" he wanted to know.

I frowned. "Hopefully never. Why do you want to know? Would you tip me? I might have to consider it."

"What I want to know," Pete said, leaning on the counter, holding his Pepsi, "is why Will wanted you back here so badly. I mean, we can't go out because you're underage, and..." his voice trailed off.

"...she and Will almost had sex?" Joe offered, earning a smack from Pete and I at the same time.

"I want to know, too," I said, ignoring what Joe had said. "I mean, I'm not even that good of a 'bargirl.'"

"Yes you are, you're hot," Joe said, taking a sip of his Coke. "But really he should get that skank Gabrielle to work over here...I'm sure tons of guys would buy alcohol from her."

I glared at him. "What's that supposed to mean?" I asked angrily.

Joe's eyes widened. "NO! I didn't mean it like that, I meant it like, she would sleep with them if they bought alcohol."

I nodded, but in a way like yeah-right-I-don't-believe-you. "Right."

Pete laughed and gave me a high-five, which I returned.

"Michelle? What are you doing behind the bar?"

I turned around and looked at Will as he stalked over, a confused look on his face. Pete ducked into the mens' room as Joe shot a bemused look behind him.

"What do you mean? This is my job?" I said, drinking my soda and looking at Will like he was going insane.

"Didn't Pete tell you? I need you on the floor as a dancer, stat!"

Uh-oh.
Sign up to rate and review this story